Indigo children

LovelyNomad7

I was told today that I am a star child/indigo child. I definitely thought that before but I thought it was interesting hearing it from someone that i'd just met. I'm curious are there any other indigo children in here? I'd like to connect with others :)

LovelyNomad7

I had an energy balancing done by a healer today and he told me this after we'd connected. He sensed that my energy was different than most people's. I'm very empathetic. We talked about different things and at the end of the session he gave me feedback and told me that I was an indigo child. I believe it's true, I actually came across some books on the topic last year and came to the conclusion myself. I march to the beat of a different drum. It's difficult to explain.

retinoid

I think we run the risk of becoming egotistical when we begin to label ourselves as 'special'...christians are a good example of this. They worship jesus and read the bible and then look at other nonbelievers as lower than themselves and in need of saving because they have the right way. And they will even not talk to these 'sinners' because they are too dirty to associate with (yet Jesus was anointed by an adulterer and befriended Mary Magdalen?)

You could be an indigo...but what does that do to help you? And how can you truly know? I am sure most people on this board are more spiritually attuned and perhaps had more experiences in different worlds or what not. But we are supposed to have the experience on THIS world...and labeling yourself as a star child can run you the risk of giving into your ego which is the shell of being separate, different and a total individual. Just my opinion...

LovelyNomad7

retinoid: I never said I was better than anyone. I've lived among 'sinners'....I am a 'sinner' or rather have been. It would just make a lot of sense because of numerous events that have happened throughout my life. I'm not comparing myself to other people so I would appreciate it if you didn't either. Thank you.

StillOne: She is actually helping me at the moment. Thank you for mentioning that I will speak to her about it :)

*emma*

Banned
What is an indigo child? Exaxtly? Ive googled it quickly and read they have special spiritual gifts. The term coming out in the 1970s or so? What were gifted children called before then? Where does the word indigo come from here?
Was Mozart one?

retinoid

retinoid: I never said I was better than anyone. I've lived among 'sinners'....I am a 'sinner' or rather have been. It would just make a lot of sense because of numerous events that have happened throughout my life. I'm not comparing myself to other people so I would appreciate it if you didn't either. Thank you.

You'd have to compare yourself to others if you say you are an indigo. If I say I am white, there has to be other colors that are not white.

theV

Indigo children are neptunian. GOD IS EVERYTHING FOR ME I CANT GO SINGLE DAY WITHOUT MENTION GOD IN MY HEART

Neptune Rising

I think we run the risk of becoming egotistical when we begin to label ourselves as 'special'...christians are a good example of this. They worship jesus and read the bible and then look at other nonbelievers as lower than themselves and in need of saving because they have the right way. And they will even not talk to these 'sinners' because they are too dirty to associate with (yet Jesus was anointed by an adulterer and befriended Mary Magdalen?)

You could be an indigo...but what does that do to help you? And how can you truly know? I am sure most people on this board are more spiritually attuned and perhaps had more experiences in different worlds or what not. But we are supposed to have the experience on THIS world...and labeling yourself as a star child can run you the risk of giving into your ego which is the shell of being separate, different and a total individual. Just my opinion...

I totally agree with this. I try to stay away from labels, as they do tend to separate people. We are all here, living an existence on this earth, in earthly bodies, and we are all from space, because we are in space, we are part of space and the Universe.

To take it further, as in the Sting song, we are spirits in the material world. If we tune into our spirits, the energy of spirit is without boundaries or physical form, which includes labels. As soon as we label something, we put a boundary round it which in itself is quite limiting.

Last edited:

StillOne

I totally agree with this. I try to stay away from labels, as they do tend to separate people. We are all here, living an existence on this earth, in earthly bodies, and we are all from space, because we are in space, we are part of space and the Universe.

To take it further, as in the Sting song, we are spirits in the material world. If we tune into our spirits, the energy of spirit is without boundaries or physical form, which includes labels. As soon as we label something, we put a boundary round it which in itself is quite limiting.

I'm not sure if my response is agreeing or disagreeing... I think we are all of the same essence... like you say, from the universe, god, etc. However, I do think we come to the planet with differing agendas (karma?). That's not to say one person is better than another. I believe our souls differ. After all, we're not all Mozart, Einstein, Sting etc. We come with different talents, strengths, weaknesses. Also, isn't this what astrology is about? How we may differ from one another and to be aware of how different people really are? That way we can embrace when someone thinks differently, or is different, and not make them conform to a set structure or mold. It also let's us appreciate our uniqueness. Haha, I'm laughing at myself because this sounds like my Sun conjunct Uranus in Libra! Lol

Anyway, generational differences have always existed. Certainly the 60s are proof of that. Why can't the Indigo Generation, person, child come with a message as well? I think it would be wonderful to look at a chart of a someone and notice something that could motivate them in a direction that takes advantage of what the chart may say.

Like always, I think where it can be dangerous is if the ego becomes involved. If now, you think that you are better somehow. However, this is always a danger in any person. It always has been and it always will be.

If this is the generation or children that will bring peace to this troubled world then they certainly have my blessing.

retinoid

I'm not sure if my response is agreeing or disagreeing... I think we are all of the same essence... like you say, from the universe, god, etc. However, I do think we come to the planet with differing agendas (karma?). That's not to say one person is better than another. I believe our souls differ. After all, we're not all Mozart, Einstein, Sting etc. We come with different talents, strengths, weaknesses. Also, isn't this what astrology is about? How we may differ from one another and to be aware of how different people really are? That way we can embrace when someone thinks differently, or is different, and not make them conform to a set structure or mold. It also let's us appreciate our uniqueness. Haha, I'm laughing at myself because this sounds like my Sun conjunct Uranus in Libra! Lol

Anyway, generational differences have always existed. Certainly the 60s are proof of that. Why can't the Indigo Generation, person, child come with a message as well? I think it would be wonderful to look at a chart of a someone and notice something that could motivate them in a direction that takes advantage of what the chart may say.

Like always, I think where it can be dangerous is if the ego becomes involved. If now, you think that you are better somehow. However, this is always a danger in any person. It always has been and it always will be.

If this is the generation or children that will bring peace to this troubled world then they certainly have my blessing.

We are quantifiably the same but not qualitatively. Some of us are indeed 'better' than others...someone who works for a mexican cartel and cuts people's faces off while they're alive is not the SAME as a social worker who really tries to turn people's lives around.

As I said, there may be star children and others who are from higher dimensions helping others here but, like I said, that feeds your human ego like sugar does for sugar ants. No matter what anyone says, if you believe you are from a higher plane and are here to help others, it will make you feel better because it gives you validation and, quite simply, feeding the ego feels GOOD. So it is better to not focus on this, even if it is true, which nobody really knows anyway! If it was that important to know you would have 100% proof for yourself to know it imo...

I would think someone in this subforum about spiritual topics would be more up to speed about indigo children. I was born in the 70s, and I know, from a very young age that not only myself, but many in my generation were different. Just look at how EXPONENTIALLY the world has changed since our arrival!

I could seriously write a book about this, but I wont, [attack/personal comment removed - moderator]. But to ppl who sincerely want to learn about indigo children, google it. For me, it's a fact of life. Many psychic phenomena since I was a child, many spiritual experiences, protection from guardian angels, telepathic communication, knowing who's calling b4 picking up the phone, pre-cognitive dreams, prophetic visions, etc, etc. Knowing that there's a reason for this helps me cope with it, rationally.

"Labelling" yourself an indigo child is not an "ego" thing. We're all on one planet, but we have to classify ourselves somehow, for order and clarity's sake. You're not going to put an 8th grader with 1st graders, or put a 5th grader in high school. We're all on different levels in this school of life, I understand, but forgive me if I tell anyone who's walking into a college classroom level of thinking, to leave if they don't belong there. Water seeks its own level. If you know nothing about indigo children, then dont comment on it. It's real, very real, and I urge any other indigo children (who are now adults) to be aware of SPIRITUAL/EMOTIONAL VAMPIRES of your energy. They know VERY WELL that you're different, and envious of your energy, therefore try to drain it from you, bc they are miserable, and misery loves company.

Last edited:

LovelyNomad7

Mercury:Thank you for that! I'm really not an egotistical person. I simply want to know where I fit in in this life. I have had many similar experiences to the ones you mentioned. Interesting you bring up spiritual/emotional vampires! I have been feeling extremely drained since I started school and I'm not sure what to do. How do you cope with this? Also, I have another question but I'll send you a PM.

The reason I believe I am an indigo child is because of everything I've read about them. I meet the characteristics. The ten most common traits of Indigo Children:

1. They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).

2. They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

3. Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

4. They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

5. They simply will not do certain things; for example - waiting in line is difficult for them.

6. They get frustrated with systems that are ritual-oriented and don't require creative thought.

7. They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and at school, which makes them seem like "system busters" - (nonconforming to any system).

8. They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often let no other human understand them. School is extremely difficult for them socially.

9. They will not respond to "guilt" discipline - (Wait till you father gets home and finds out what you did").

10. They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Why are these children called Indigo?

Throughout the history of psychology, there have been systems of grouping human behavior. Indeed, often we all seem to fall into "clumps" of behavior patterns, sometimes fun to read about and identify with. These groupings try to identify and correlate human actions in many different ways - undoubtedly searching for some formula that neatly fits everyone into a slot of some kind, helping those who deal with the study of the human mind. Some of these systems are ancient; some are very new. I have been through so many bizarre events and have come out completely unscathed. I've added a link for those who want to read about it.

http://www.greatdreams.com/indigo.htm

I've been labeled as ADD and bipolar although I know that I am neither. These are just some reasons. I'm no better than anyone. I think we're all alike but I also believe that each of us is here with a purpose and finding out this piece of information will help me on my journey.

Neptune Rising

Mercury 101, stop with the personal comments and insults please, not very Indigoan if there is such a definition, for sure. This is not the first time we've had to ask you to keep opinions to topic and away from attacking people who don't agree with your views - this includes attacking myself and other members of the forum. Everyone is entitle to express their opinion freely, and each person is entitled to their opinion - attacking posters who's opinion differs from your own is against the forum rules, and also not very "spiritual" as you seem to want to put forward in your postings. If you can't keep your comments to the topic, and away from your views on the personality of the posters, then please stop posting.

Thanks

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

All, this thread is turning into a trolling thread, I didn't think that was the message that the colour of indigo was meant to spread, in it's higher vibration...? I will delete the personal comments, please keep the discussion to the subject. If the attacks continue, I will lock the thread.

Thanks