18 degrees: Degree of Evil/Disease?

watcherofthesouth

After learning about the 18th degree (according to some astrologers it is the degree of evil or disease) I started to pay more attention to it. I imagine this has been covered many times here before.

Soon after learning about it, I went to stay with my friend in another town (she invited me to her new home) and I was intrigued after I discovered that her house number started with 18. I didn't mention the meaning of the number to her, of course. But that night, she and her husband told me after dinner that they had hired a shaman to cleanse their house because they believed, soon after they bought it, that there was something there that felt evil.

I've stayed away from that number but then realized that my partner has Sun at 18 degrees.. it's almost a curse to learn of these numbers once you realize they could impact you more than you realized. I imagine this number plays out in different ways in a chart (18 degrees Jupiter might mean an evil teacher that the chart holder befriends, and may not mean that the chart holder himself/herself is evil).

That's all I've got for now.

waybread

I find this idea to be superstitious. The number 18 is all over the place. It works just fine. How actually could a simple number harm anybody?

I'd be curious to learn which astrologers consider it to be evil. Can you link anything about this?

watcherofthesouth

This is Nikola featured on Astrolada https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUoLG46Kgbo.

He has a few videos where he mentions different degrees.

I noticed Charles Manson and Charlie Sheen (accused of evil doings when he was a young actor) have Venus at 18 degrees; Kevin Spacey -18 degrees Mercury. Kirk Douglas was accused of assaulting Natalie Wood: he has Moon at 18 degrees. Harvey Weinstein? Mars at 18 degrees. Google people who are allegedly "mean" behind the scenes in Hollywood or other industries and it's a recurring theme (Ben Stiller has Pluto at 18 degrees).

It works in some cases, but in others.. like, say, Hitler, there is no 18 degree (he and Bill Cosby both have 19 degree planets though, so it could be a wrong calculation of their birth time?).

waybread

Statistical tests tend not to work well in astrology. An astrologer thinks s/he's found a valid astrological signature, but the effect dissipates once you get a big sample, beyond a few anecdotes.

Then where does it end? Everyone on the planet will have dozens of asteroids, Arabic parts, and what-have-you pinging any given 18-degrees of a sign.

I'm skeptical.

watcherofthesouth

Thanks, Waybread. I do wonder if it is ever used when dealing with solving crime and if there are case studies about it (and how, in general, astrologist crime solvers can be successful finding "persons of interest"?).

waybread

I think we should follow the dictum, "the stars impel but they do not compel." We might take your point that people with a planet at 18 degrees of a sign show up disproportionately among the ranks of people engaging in criminal behaviour. But this doesn't constitute proof or hard evidence in a Whodunnit that such a person actually committed a given crime. Someone with an 18th degree planet might be sorely tempted to commit a crime, yet not do it, possibly in relation to other mitigating factors in the chart.

You might enjoy studying forensic astrology. If you Google it, you'll find some books and blogs to get you started. Also consider learning horary astrology, which has specific rules for dealing with missing persons and objects, and generally giving "yes or no" answers to questions.

CapAquaPis

well, having 17' 33" Cancer as my ASC or rising sign, the unluckiest one of all 12 signs of the zodiac, I don't really like living nor I enjoy my life. And adding my sun/moon conjunction in the 8th house-Aquarius square Uranus in Scorpio. The ASC node technically 18' is square Pluto - a very malefic planet in 4th-Libra.

watcherofthesouth

Thanks, CapAqua. Based on your placements it seems like astrology and intuition (psychic abilities with Cancer) could be something to help you with quality of life.

Also, if there are others with this placement and have difficulty, I am curious about remedies or changing the energy. Working in a prison, exorcisms, or counseling people who have committed certain negative "acts"? I'm sure there must be better remedies than those, though!

Heyhi

Never knew I was an 18 but I can assure you this isnt just superstition
Lol now that I know 18 is bad but idk but I still feel like I have holy in me tho

Statistical tests tend not to work well in astrology. An astrologer thinks s/he's found a valid astrological signature, but the effect dissipates once you get a big sample, beyond a few anecdotes.

Then where does it end? Everyone on the planet will have dozens of asteroids, Arabic parts, and what-have-you pinging any given 18-degrees of a sign.

I'm skeptical.

piercethevale

Never knew I was an 18 but I can assure you this isnt just superstition
Lol now that I know 18 is bad but idk but I still feel like I have holy in me tho

...and, golly gee, you posted at 7:56 PDST ... here on the Western edge of North America, where people are more disposed to the watching of Sunsets rather than Sunrises... [were the denizens {and the Zen dens are abundant, though not so apparent} don't just wallow in fatalism, they like to crawl up inside and take a real good look...] and 7 + 5 + 6 = 18 :crying:

...and, furthermore in fatal lore know that the Sun and Venus conjunctions complete all possible 72 pentagrams in the Zodiac after a 1200 year period and that 1200 divided by 18 = 66.6.....

...and, please note in the following the authors' mention of the name, David, and know that my name is David... and you may derive from that whatever you wish to

[From "The Mystery of Numbers" by Annemarie Schimmel, Oxford Unity Press, 1993]

"THE DOUBLE NINE

The number 18, which appears in pre-Columbian measures of
time, has a certain importance in the West as well. This may
be explained by its connection with the circular number 360,
or possibly with an astral number, since eclipses of the sun
and moon recur in the same sequence after 18 years.
It is not surprising that 18 plays a role in the Cabala, for
its numerical value corresponds to the word for living (hay),
as well as the name David.
"

Here's a link to a pdf file of the book where you all can read more from this specific chpter on the number 18 or anyoneof the other chapters, or the book in its entirety.
http://www.hourofthetime.com/1-LF/October2012/Hour_Of_The_Time_10012012-The_Mystery_of_Numbers.pdf

Numerology is another "science" just as astrology is also a "science" and like all true sciences, as they are, they work in harmony with one another but the notion that any number is malefic in of itself is as much pure non-sense that any planet, or luminary, is inherently malefic .

Besides all of that, there is actually only one of the 360 degrees that can truly be said to be the 18th degree. The question that remains, although, is as to where does the Zodiac truly begin?
As to The 360 Sabian Symbols, of the 360 degrees of the Zodiac, they can be said to begin at the first degree o Aries and proceeds from there in a counter-clockwise direction culminating at the 30th degree of Pisces. They can also be said to begin at the 30th degree of Virgo and proceed in a clockwise direction that culminates with the 1st degree of Libra.

If you were to study Rabbi Dobin's work, "Kabbalistic Astrology" you'll find that the "force of God comes from between Capricorn and Aquarius..." and thus one is given good cause to believe that the Zodiac begins at the 1st degree of Aquarius.

and, aside from any and all of that, if I were given one year of my life to have, to live over again, it would be my 18th year :biggrin:

Last edited:

piercethevale

Piercethevale, I think you've exceeded the 100-word limit on direct quotes. Check the forum rules under copyright.

Yes, I know, but I thought that applied to only publications pertaining to astrology so as not to reinforce anyone authors particular interpretations.

As it is about numerology I thought that it would be acceptable?

Well, what ever the moderators decide I am quite willing to accept and I will leave it as it is until then. They can ...and I'm rather certain they will.. do with my pst as it please them to do so. That is edit, or reject the entire post. What ever they decide is appropriate and if so then I'll certainly make a mental note of it so as to not transgress again.

Thanks for your observances and notifying me.
Respectfully, ptv

P.S. and I have added an app to my browser that is a "word counter" and is such a helpful app and one so easily employed as well. I do recommend it to all. I got it through the Chrome apps webpage.

P.P.S. ...and the aforementioned app informs me that;
a. Number of total words = 487
b. Average word length = 4
c. Number of total characters = 2744
d. Number of special characters = 558
e. Longest word is Bismi'llahi'r-rahmani-rahim [29 characters]

Last edited:

piercethevale

I decided to trim it down to less than 100 words, after all. Save everyone some trouble and it is now 81 words, 85 words if one includes the chapter title from which I quoted.
I also included a link to the source.

Humanitarian

18th degree isn't a bad degree, because no degree is solely bad and malefic in nature, and there are good and bad in all the degrees, especially Nikola's degrees and Sabian Symbols. Heres the Sabian for 18th degree of every sign:
ARIES 18: AN EMPTY HAMMOCK
TAURUS 18: A WOMAN HOLDING A BAG OUT OF A WINDOW
GEMINI 18: TWO CHINESE MEN TALKING CHINESE
CANCER 18: HEN SCRATCHING FOR HER CHICKS
LEO 18: A TEACHER OF CHEMISTRY
VIRGO 18: A OUIJA BOARD
LIBRA 18: TWO MEN PLACED UNDER ARREST
SCORPIO 18: WOODS RICH IN AUTUMN COLORING
SAGITTARIUS 18: TINY CHILDREN IN SUNBONNETS
CAPRICORN 18: THE UNION JACK
AQUARIUS 18: A MAN UNMASKED
PISCES 18: A GIGANTIC TENT