Pietersen resigns as England cricket captain

Inside Out Orange

Took a look at KP's chart and notice his Saturn/Mars are conjunct 21/22 Virgo. Obviosly Saturn return coming up and also has Uranus opposing that.

Added to that depending on his time of birth he has the Moon (ruler of his Cancerian sun sign) in Sag/Capricorn either having been or about to be transited by Pluto.

aquarius7000

Hi there,

Can you please either post Pietersen's chart or birth data? Tried to briefly google-search it, but without luck.

Maybe Saturn/Uranus is in some aspect to his MC, just astro-guessing.

:)aquarius7000

Inside Out Orange

I couldn't locate a time of birth, but its 27 Jun 1980 in Pietermartizburg, South Africa.

Hopefully this links to a chart ...

Natally he has some planets at about 21degrees that are currently active:
- Saturn - 21Virgo
- Mars - 22Virgo
- Uranus - 21Sco
- Neptune - 20Sag
- Pluto - 18 Libra

I guess there might be a few clues to rectifying his chart ...
- given his day of birth his Moon ranges from 17Sag to 0Cap30. Given that and his outspoken, almost arrogant comments it seems firmly placed in Sag.

- married 29Dec07. (Transit Sun just past opposition to natal Sun, transitting Pluto at 29Sag).

- appointed England captain on Aug 4th 2008 ... transits include ... Mars 20Vir; Uranus 22Pis.

- he is South Africa born but decided to play for England due to the SA quota system. He qualified for England selection in October 2004.

Edit: so I just had a little play and put a birth time (8:30pm) that gives a moon at about Sag 29. Lo and behold that would give an Aquarian Ascendent (that has Neptune transiting it), Uranus on the Midheaven and Sun in the 5th house. I quite like the idea of an Aquarian ascendent because there was a time when he had blond, spiky hair; dyed blue hair and is now just short buzzcut. All a bit rebellious.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Thanks for the data and for the thread (am a fan of cricket;)).

I have used the traditional 12:00 as TOB, as we haven't astro researched much on this (as in using important happenings like marriage, accidents, etc to determine the TOB), so using houses (always very tempting) could be a bit tricky. You made a good point about Pietersen being somewhat of an 'Aquarian' type, and (even without actually giving him an Aqua Asc) he does natally have Uranus aspecting his Merc (unique thinking) in a lovely trine (actually astrologically a genius' constellation), sextiling his Mars to the degree, squaring his nodes (somewhat unpredictable changes are something that the guy would perhaps have to take in his stride), and he also belongs to the Uranus-Saturn sextile batch. So, you see, Kevin is quite a Uranian.

As far as his current transits go, tr-Saturn has just rolled back onto his natal Saturn, and he has been having his Saturn Return, so life has to get 'sorted' now (and disappointments can be part of the parcel). This would perhaps be one of the pointers as regards his (de-)captaincy- though 'it's not really cricket'. Further, tr-Saturn has also been squaring his Moon (which rules his Sun and Merc) and Venus, conjuncting his Mars, and squaring his Neptune, besides its sextiles to his natal Merc and Uranus. So, there is quite a bit of Saturn shadowing and testing him currently. The sudden '(de-)crowning' glory, of course, is Uranus, which is also giving him some grief, and changes seem to be on the cards for Kevin. He has tr-Uranus tightly squaring his Venus and Neptune (unprecedented disappointments and breaking down of illusions?), plus opposing his Mars and Saturn (change in status quo). All in all, this could be a rough patch for him.

My 'sporty' two penneth,
:)aquarius7000

PS: Orange, you might want to remove that link in your last post, as it leads one right into your astro.com profile, where one can easily tamper with the data. It is best/safest to attach charts as thumbnails.