Adoption and the Natal Chart

CauCau26

Hello everyone! I want ask if becoming an orphan/being separated from birth parents/adoption is reflected in the birth chart? If it is; is it more of a house matter, an aspect matter, or a combination of both?

Thank you! :)

CauCau26

Hi, JUPITERASC. Your demonyn reminds me of the movie Jupiter Rising. :) Thank you so much for the amazing resource! I'm going to look into it later. As it is now, I have my little niece to entertain. Was about to reply to your message when she came in looking for her 'doting' uncle. XD Just a quick follow-up: so one's saturn depending on house placements and aspects may indicate the possibility of fostering other people's children? Again, thank you!

CauCau26

Hi Again, JUPITERASC. I have read the Saturn entry in Valens's book. Though yes, it indeed spoke of fathering other people's children, bachelorhood, childlessness, and homosexuality (picked out the ones that apply to me) it didn't say; however, of being in the position of a ward or foster child. The Mars entry actually specified separation from (birth) parents but this is very likely due to the violent behavior of the progeny. I have never really delved much into Hellenistic, renaissance, and christian astrology because of the scary things they claimed about the 12th house (I have 6 planets lurking in there haha) but this is really interesting and I realize that what we think of as severe or limiting definitions provided by these astrologers were indeed just a quirk of that time: reducing everything down to their most essential; reductionists they all were. It's almost as if they were describing...symptoms of a disorder. And these descriptions are symptoms of a malfunctioning planet/aspect/etc., not their actual natural process. But I digress, I know someone with their sun (and 4 other planets) in the 12th house and of course, the father was not present and eventually the mother too. He ran away from home at the age of 14, became lead singer in a band and now he's a mechanic married to my cousin. We both belong to the capricorn stellium generation and I, myself, am adopted. Thank you for the free ebook!

CauCau26

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi Again, JUPITERASC. I have read the Saturn entry in Valens's book. Though yes, it indeed spoke of fathering other people's children, bachelorhood, childlessness, and homosexuality (picked out the ones that apply to me) it didn't say; however, of being in the position of a ward or foster child. The Mars entry actually specified separation from (birth) parents but this is very likely due to the violent behavior of the progeny. I have never really delved much into Hellenistic, renaissance, and christian astrology because of the scary things they claimed about the 12th house (I have 6 planets lurking in there haha) but this is really interesting and I realize that what we think of as severe or limiting definitions provided by these astrologers were indeed just a quirk of that time: reducing everything down to their most essential; reductionists they all were. It's almost as if they were describing...symptoms of a disorder. And these descriptions are symptoms of a malfunctioning planet/aspect/etc., not their actual natural process. But I digress, I know someone with their sun (and 4 other planets) in the 12th house and of course, the father was not present and eventually the mother too. He ran away from home at the age of 14, became lead singer in a band and now he's a mechanic married to my cousin. We both belong to the capricorn stellium generation and I, myself, am adopted. Thank you for the free ebook!

CauCau26
Interesting that you mention HELLENISTIC astrology :smile:

keep in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
where members practice astrological skills

and because it is amateur PRACTICE - it is free
no one is paid
therefore
responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice

members are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free

our forum is therefore entirely dependent
on the goodwill and kindness of members who freely give their time
to assist beginners

Petosiris has helpfully and generously
provided detailed information/instructions
regarding HELLENISTIC astrology
and all for FREE :smile:
Our forum has various boards that focus on the different astrological approaches
our Traditional board features HELLENISTIC delineation discussion
that you won't find elsewhere on our forum

INTRODUCTION TO HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY Part I - ZODIAC
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121654

INTRODUCTION TO HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY Part 2 - SEVEN STARS
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121671

INTRODUCTION TO HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY Part 3 - THEORETICAL CONSIDERATIONS
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121676

INTRODUCTION TO HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY Part 4 - NATIVITIES

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121677

StelliumNoise

CauCau26

Cap stellium generation here too
Is there anything interesting happening in your 4 & 10th houses?
& you actually "speak" like someone with 6 planets in the 12th. It's a really good set up for deep inner soul work

AquaMoonChild

My sister and I are adopted. Myself at 2days old and my sister at 1 years old. My moon is in Aquarius in the 5th. My birth mother was an Aquarius and my adoptive mom was an Aquarius rising. My sister's moon is in Virgo in the 9th(far away?). I always thought Aquarius moon meant distance from the mother but I know someone who has a Aquarius moon in the 8th and almost all his other planets in the 12th. He's an older gentleman and still lives with his mother. He is a musician and traveled as a child with his parents because his dad was a musician. He is also on and off drugs and has been to prison for drugs...I also have a mars cap in the 5th. Not sure if that correlates to adoption though...I have uranus in the 4th, neptune and saturn in sag. I might also mention that my adoptive mom passed away when I was 27. So no mother at this point...

CauCau26

Cap stellium generation here too
Is there anything interesting happening in your 4 & 10th houses?
& you actually "speak" like someone with 6 planets in the 12th. It's a really good set up for deep inner soul work

No planets in the 4th house and my 10th house has pluto in it.
:) Thanks, I'm not the easiest person to be around with but I do love my own poison. Which house does your stellium fall in?

CauCau26

My sister and I are adopted. Myself at 2days old and my sister at 1 years old. My moon is in Aquarius in the 5th. My birth mother was an Aquarius and my adoptive mom was an Aquarius rising. My sister's moon is in Virgo in the 9th(far away?). I always thought Aquarius moon meant distance from the mother but I know someone who has a Aquarius moon in the 8th and almost all his other planets in the 12th. He's an older gentleman and still lives with his mother. He is a musician and traveled as a child with his parents because his dad was a musician. He is also on and off drugs and has been to prison for drugs...I also have a mars cap in the 5th. Not sure if that correlates to adoption though...I have uranus in the 4th, neptune and saturn in sag. I might also mention that my adoptive mom passed away when I was 27. So no mother at this point...

Well, they do say that Neptune is the higher octave of the moon and with it placed in sagittarius...possibly.