Beginning to Study Astrology

Claire19

Yup, its called Passion with a capital"P". :love:

:joyful:
I agree it has to be a passion as it is a difficult and complex subject and many fall by the wayside in their studies and dont complete.

I am one that has been enamoured of it all for many many years and I feel it is really a calling of a sort. We need a strong Uranus for sure or 11th house or Aquarian planets to stick with astrology......Jupiter connections also help as do planets in the 8th of the metaphysical realms and the 12th for spiritual yearnings. The 9th for a sense of faith and learning the Universal truths. Any and all of these combinations.. Pluto for obsession, passion and tenacity......

Last edited:

Claire19

Amen! Preach it, sister!:biggrin:

Very well put, Claire! Actually, after having endured a huge crisis of faith, much of it at the hands of "the Church" - it was watching the transits, and seeing that they never fail - that helped restore my faith in something greater than myself actually being in control of everything.

FL
Yeah sorry to sound sermonising...:biggrin:...Glad to hear your comments about taking your own observations and using them. I am not sure of the nature of the godforce but there has to be something that has set everything in motion and although it seems chaotic it actually isnt.

Thanks Frank, fair enough... but the best way for me to get any idea of what's going on at all I suppose would be for me drop my chart somewhere and take a look at it with an expert... where could I do that?
beinners forum but be warned my style in not to simply drop answers in your lap --

My way of helping newcomers is for them to do more research and learning rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events. If you are truly interested in astrology, I and most others here will help you…..

Having a Sagittarius MC which is the sign of the teacher and I do indeed teach astrology. This forum is a wonderful community of all mixed levels and types of astrologers. So I may provide links to encourage you in the hope that if you are sincerely interested enough you will do the research and enlighten yourself….

I agree it has to be a passion as it is a difficult and complex subject and many fall by the wayside in their studies and dont complete.

I am one that has been enamoured of it all for many many years and I feel it is really a calling of a sort. We need a strong Uranus for sure or 11th house or Aquarian planets to stick with astrology......Jupiter connections also help as do planets in the 8th of the metaphysical realms and the 12th for spiritual yearnings. The 9th for a sense of faith and learning the Universal truths. Any and all of these combinations.. Pluto for obsession, passion and tenacity......

True, I have very close trine to MC and teach astrology,Aquarius Asc, uranus conj sun/moon midpoint AND have written a diploma and do public speaking when I have the time :love: it is addictive...

serafin5

Very well put. The Church typically advised against the masses gaining too much knowledge and therefore not able to be controlled. They have typically used it themselves however for a long time. God created the Universe and we are part of it all. Keep them dumbed down and in fear has been their modus operandi. To be a genuine astrologer is to know that your beliefs only deepen and know that there is a Godforce behind everything. We all know that the Bible has been adulterated, misinterpreted and edited to suit the prevailing authorities.
As the daughter of a Christian Pastor, (I am on parole for good behavior from that "religion"), and a Lover of Astrology, this statement is soooo true.
Sadly, nobody realizes that God never invented "religion".

Blessings, Serafin5:joyful:

gina

Hi, very new to all of this, I know a little and have played with my chart. I am very confused about the new zodiac sign making 13. I was already confused with my chart seemed like frustration and struggle constantly then nothing ever "fit" so to speak.I am a Leo with a Virgo ascending conjunct moon. Jupiter conjunct sun. Now I am a Cancer and my chart has run amuck. Could someone please help me make sense with some simple structure as to what to do in Interrpretaton and what do I need for Financial success. Astrologically speaking Im lost. Thank you

Frank

Hi, very new to all of this, I know a little and have played with my chart. I am very confused about the new zodiac sign making 13. I was already confused with my chart seemed like frustration and struggle constantly then nothing ever "fit" so to speak.I am a Leo with a Virgo ascending conjunct moon. Jupiter conjunct sun. Now I am a Cancer and my chart has run amuck. Could someone please help me make sense with some simple structure as to what to do in Interrpretaton and what do I need for Financial success. Astrologically speaking Im lost. Thank you

Nothing in your chart has changed. That news report was spurious.

byjove

Account Closed
I've a burning question directly connected to all of this, and I don't see the sense in opening up an entire, new thread just for this, but what about Stage 2? Or 3?

- I'd like to see where the holes are in my knowledge, see what's next on the list; what would the teachers here recommend as the next 10 on the list?
- As ever, as different as we are offline, there are many astrologers on here with very diverse methods and processes, and as much as I welcome and respect diversity, I get confused. Asteroids, as mentioned earlier, are a prime example. Some on here use them and some don't, some stick to Ptolemic aspects, others don't. I guess if I'm asking some of this, I've yet to find my feet on a few things, but I've been happily experimented with other things such as house systems and I've tightened orbs that I think are relevant so I'm getting there...
- How do I know what I need to sharpen up on?

I see William Lily's Christian Astrology still reigns high, but the language and descriptions and decoding that kind of English nearly killed me, :surprised: but I shall try again.

I've a burning question directly connected to all of this, and I don't see the sense in opening up an entire, new thread just for this, but what about Stage 2? Or 3?

- I'd like to see where the holes are in my knowledge, see what's next on the list; what would the teachers here recommend as the next 10 on the list? basically whatever you want to delve into. There is no set regimin
Time of course is valuable, espec when working

- As ever, as different as we are offline, there are many astrologers on here with very diverse methods and processes, and as much as I welcome and respect diversity, I get confused. Asteroids, as mentioned earlier, are a prime example. Some on here use them and some don't, some stick to Ptolemic aspects, others don't. I guess if I'm asking some of this, I've yet to find my feet on a few things, but I've been happily experimented with other things such as house systems and I've tightened orbs that I think are relevant so I'm getting there...
- How do I know what I need to sharpen up on? I would probably leave asteriods til last, then play around to see if you can identify anything with them. Nice to hear you have looked at other house systems other then the default of placidus :whistling:

I see William Lily's Christian Astrology still reigns high, but the language and descriptions and decoding that kind of English nearly killed me, :surprised: but I shall try again.

Transits is usually the first thing people study and research, by going back into their past and seeing what transit was doing what. That way (time permitting) you can look forward into the future.

Then, try secondary progressions, for rectification of charts/times etc, look into solar arcs. Then solar returns etc

AspieTaurus

I'm a noob still trying to memorize some of the basic characteristics of the planets, signs, and houses as well as the basic aspects (conj., opp., trine), way too much stuff to keep into my head at once! :unsure:

Phil

Gina,
I sincerely hope your motivation for studying astrology is not to achieve financial success. :sick: Astrology is to better understand yourself and others. :happy:

sleepy17

Very well put. The Church typically advised against the masses gaining too much knowledge and therefore not able to be controlled. They have typically used it themselves however for a long time. God created the Universe and we are part of it all. Keep them dumbed down and in fear has been the modus operandi of the church.

To be a genuine astrologer is to know that your beliefs only deepen when you know that there is a Godforce, whatever that may be, not a person as we know it and certainly not restricted to "He". I would suggest. We all know that the Bible has been adulterated, misinterpreted and edited to suit the prevailing authorities and their agendas.

you're right about that.
definitely church is against, ahmmmm, not really against, it was just they do not agree or believe in astrology, Because they have faith that God controlled evreything. Anyway it was there opinion, besides we all have our own beliefs :D

gamhal

Absolutely. Few seem to realize that exceedingly detailed and nuanced readings are possible from thorough application of the basic principles. In my own education I found that the simple rotation of the houses opened up virtually endless possibilities. -al