Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Progressions

Progressions For discussions on secondary progressions in predictive astrology.

Unread 08-26-2008, 12:57 PM

natal or current location for progressions

When looking at progressions do you take the natal chart and relocate it to your current location than progress it? or simply progress the natal chart. I have looked at both and the ACS is the greatest variable. Since one shows progressed sun sextile progressed ASC exact and the other is past the sextile I understand that that is significant in progressions...is good coming or has it already passed If the good is coming that is good if it is already passed I must have missed something cause it has been awful

Unread 08-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Re: natal or current location for progressions

For progressions I use the natal chart. It's nothing more than 1 day = 1 year, starting with your b-day.

A sextile is opportunity (usually). If the signs are active, you have to make it happen. If they're passive, it's something that will be handed to you, and you can accept it or pass on it. It can also indicate an attraction with someone, some group or something. When it's in the 3rd/5th or involving the rulers of the 3rd/5th, it could be an attraction to a genre of music or a fad thing that's fleeting then goes away as the aspecting planet moves off.

You said Ascendant, so assuming your pAsc is still in the 1st, that would make it 1st/3rd. It might have been an opportunity to improve your environment, or an attraction to a certain environment. Been hanging out anywhere new lately? Moving in new social circles maybe? You have to delineate the aspect like a house.
Unread 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Re: natal or current location for progressions

I guess I expected it to have more impact. The asc has progressed to gemini and the sun to leo as you said 3rd and fifth. i am not sure what is active and passive . I am assuming leo is active but I am not sure about gemini . Do you have any connections to reading about meanings of progressions? What I have read is sort of a cook book of meanings and little more ..l.not real helpful. For instance, progressed sun is conjunct natal venus/mars (ruler of 1st and 7th) in fifth. I was expecting a marriage offier according to what I read....not! Thanks Bob for your input.....

Tags
current, location, natal, progressions