My observations about natal charts (personality and looks)

love-thinking

I have recently been delving into Jaimani (KP astrology). However I use the tropical zodiac. I have made some observations that I feel like would make reading birth chart easier.

Think of lumanaries and ascendent as your mom and dad. Mom is the moon, dad is the sun. Ascendent can be which ever you like. So if moon is in libra, you are the child of venus. If sun is in sagitarrius, you are the child of zeus/jupiter and venus.

Your ascendent lord falling into whatever place and your highest degree planet (Atmakaraka) will indicate you and who you are, meant to be and what domains you will head. Jupiter atmakaraka would indicate that you are the spiritual child/optimistic child of venus

Now let's go a step further, house placements would indicate who raised you. So moon in fourth house taurus would mean, even though you are the child of venus, you were raised by Cares/insert any moon goddess here and so are naturally drawn to this domain-nurturing, emotions, maybe couselling, intuitive work but you are going into it from the lens and nature of venus.

Now this is where it gets complicated. From my research I have found that people look, vibe off and take on the personality of the planets that are conjunct/sometimes other hard aspects their sun/moon/ascendent more so than any other sign placement sometimes even within wider orbs. So I would interpret it like this:

Sun in sagitarrius conjunct venus.

You are the child of jupiter/zeus but you look prominantely like aunt aphrodite/venus.

So to sum it up

Sun/ascendent-father
Moon/ascendent-mother
house of sun-who you were raised by or who nurtured and tried to influence of you are
house of moon-who nurtured your emotions, and formed your attachement style
Planets conjuncting/hard aspects(be careful with hard aspects-deosn't always show up with hard aspects as it does conjunctions)-who you resemble in your family blood line
Atmakaraka/ascendent lord-what kind of person you are-where you will head in life

I would also say that there's a reason why all kids born on the same day at the same hospital don't look a like. For example, lets say it's night time, moon and ascendent will have the most affect but as it heads out to the day, the sun will gradually have more of an affect. For kids born on that day but when the sun is at it's brightest, will take on the features and traits of the sun more so than kids born in the evening.

Kids on that day born at night when the moon was shining the brightest, will take on the moon's traits. The phases of the moon also has more of an affect. Parashara says that the person with a waning moon in the 2nd house will be so beautiful that even the gods would not be able to resist that person.

Why is that?
Waning symbolizes youth and sacral/creative energy. Moon being in the 2nd house means that the person was raised and gained through nurture some of the traits from Aphrodite.

Another reason why I think that conjunct planets and or aspects to ascendents/sun/moon show up more readily in the appearance and personality of people is because often times you'll see that someone's sun falls into a lunar mansion(nakshatra) that is very different from the actual sign. But that's another topic for another time.

I say this also because I come from a country that is very diverse in skin colour, and phenotypes in general that isn't corrupted by western notions of beauty or how a person should be like and act according to their personality. It's extremely interesting to analyze archetypes. And I have always been able to see right through the venusian archetype especially. I come from a big family. Venusian types are always the sweet ones, with a sweet tooth, fleshy, considered attractive by most, medium brown skin tone(but mostly lighter than most other members of my country but not the lightest) and naturally these people get a lot of affection from family members. Neptunians are similar but with a glamorous edge with big soft eyes and a less contured look. Each person I have suspected to be of this venus archetype I was 100 percent correct, most of them have sun conjunct venus.

Then there are strengths of planets or "dig bala." Masculine planets like to be in the 10th house like sun and moon and feminine planets like venus, moon and neptune love being in the fourth house. So someone with feminine planets in the fourth house-these qualities of the feminine planets will more readily flow.

I have mars in capricorn(exalted) in the fourth house, believe me when I say I'm no athlete nor am I known for any sort of active pursuits or being masculine.

So let's say you have a feminine planet on the lumanaries in its preferred house, believe me when I say that planet will show up and exhibit itself, use you as a conduit of some sorts.

If you have a planet that's prominant in your chart(aspecting luminaries and/or ascendent) that is in a house it doesn't like, that planet will have tons of trouble showing up in an external fashion.

For example moon in the 8th house doesn't like showing its emotions but as it is in hades domain, loves to take on delve in the occult. But unlike a scorpio moon, their emotions are not as explosive or obessessive. A sun in fourth house may be a very humble/shy person and may be interpreted by many as having low confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CvwxtZI24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6B0wD2OGo

zipadee

Thanks for this post to the forum, it's a really interesting read!

Now that you've peaked my curiosity, I'll have to delve into a few charts of friends to check and see what's happening with their suns, moons and ascendants. This would also be a new interesting way to look at famous families, actors/actresses and models :joyful:

I feel like this makes a lot of sense :andy: but checking it with my chart is sorta weird because my sun, moon and asc. ruler conjunctions are all to angles, the NN, or Lilith (and asteroids might not hold much weight here, so).

I was born the day before an eclipse, early in the morning, so I guess half sun-half moon (looks-wise) anyways.

According to my chart I'm a child of Mercury-Neptune who probably doesn't look too much like any of my family members :tongue:

I look forward to see where the forum leads though :smile:

Oh lol, just realized last minute, would moon conj. desc. in the 7th house make me a Venusian type :innocent:...or not really, since it isn't exactly a 2nd house placement :unsure:?

love-thinking

Thanks for this post to the forum, it's a really interesting read!

Now that you've peaked my curiosity, I'll have to delve into a few charts of friends to check and see what's happening with their suns, moons and ascendants. This would also be a new interesting way to look at famous families, actors/actresses and models :joyful:

I feel like this makes a lot of sense :andy: but checking it with my chart is sorta weird because my sun, moon and asc. ruler conjunctions are all to angles, the NN, or Lilith (and asteroids might not hold much weight here, so).

I was born the day before an eclipse, early in the morning, so I guess half sun-half moon (looks-wise) anyways.

According to my chart I'm a child of Mercury-Neptune who probably doesn't look too much like any of my family members :tongue:

I look forward to see where the forum leads though :smile:

Oh lol, just realized last minute, would moon conj. desc. in the 7th house make me a Venusian type :innocent:...or not really, since it isn't exactly a 2nd house placement :unsure:?

It sort of means, you were nurtured by Aunt venus to think of relationships as most important if that makes sense.

Whoam1

I'm a child of Mercury and Saturn. (Both yuck) Mercury is repressed as it's in the 12th house. Saturn is a dick of a dad. First house sun means I raised myself (which I did). 8th house moon means that the occult and dark places of the world nourished me (which they still are). Pluto aspects my moon in opposition strength and Osiris is on my moon (within 30 minutes) both of these chartacters leads to those who evolved in my family and also to Egyptian blood (who knows my tree is huge). However my AC ruler is Saturn and I won't be the abusive dad Saturn is so this part I so disagree with (even with Saturn in the 4th).

I do note Osiris was Venus and transforms into Mars/Pluto, Saturn kills him. Saturn aspects Osiris, Pluto aspects Osiris, Saturn is in Taurus (Venus), Pluto is in the 11th which leads to Mars in the second (Taurus), also Venus is in Scorpio (Pluto/Mars) and moon is in the 8th along with Osiris (Pluto/Mars).

Is it possible I am Osiris? Who finally gets along with Saturn (Trine aspect) through talking about his dark feelings (Moon in the 8th on Osiris) and goes through radical change (Moon opposition Pluto and moon on Osiris) to connect the unconscious to the body (Venus in Scorpio mars in the 2nd house) which is Osiris's fate in life and what he learns to do (and in turn teaches it to others) according to the myths.

love-thinking

I'm a child of Mercury and Saturn. (Both yuck) Mercury is repressed as it's in the 12th house. Saturn is a dick of a dad. First house sun means I raised myself (which I did). 8th house moon means that the occult and dark places of the world nourished me (which they still are). Pluto aspects my moon in opposition strength and Osiris is on my moon (within 30 minutes) both of these chartacters leads to those who evolved in my family and also to Egyptian blood (who knows my tree is huge). However my AC ruler is Saturn and I won't be the abusive dad Saturn is so this part I so disagree with (even with Saturn in the 4th).

I do note Osiris was Venus and transforms into Mars/Pluto, Saturn kills him. Saturn aspects Osiris, Pluto aspects Osiris, Saturn is in Taurus (Venus), Pluto is in the 11th which leads to Mars in the second (Taurus), also Venus is in Scorpio (Pluto/Mars) and moon is in the 8th along with Osiris (Pluto/Mars).

Is it possible I am Osiris? Who finally gets along with Saturn (Trine aspect) through talking about his dark feelings (Moon in the 8th on Osiris) and goes through radical change (Moon opposition Pluto and moon on Osiris) to connect the unconscious to the body (Venus in Scorpio mars in the 2nd house) which is Osiris's fate in life and what he learns to do (and in turn teaches it to others) according to the myths.

What's your highest degree planet. That can say a lot about your personality and where you're headed.

You can interpret as you resemble the traits of osiris in some way.

love-thinking

Also moon in the 8th can be just as emotional if not at times more emotional that a Scorpio moon...

I think moon in the 8th house can but I feel like most often than not the emotionality occurs in response to the 8th house cusp progressing to the 8th house planet aka the moon.

Again I'm trying to make astrology more simple, more accordingly what it traditionally meant. A moon in scorpio, and moon in 8th house and moon in aspect to pluto definitely resembles one another in some way but I believe for different reasons.

From my experience, from the charts I've read and some anecdotal experience, I have seen luminaries with planets are very very prominant. Now 8th house simply means for me that your emotions are presented in hades moon realm. The reason why I say this is because not all scorpios are into hidden topics, astrology, occult, psychology. Freud had 8th house moon, I have eight house moon and I'm into all three and from what I can tell so do you. I feel like with moon here it is just mastering the art of diving deep, but is also associated with trauma and emotionality by the virtue of the 8th house cusp somehow eventually progressing to it and triggering something.

love-thinking

2ndly, you don't have to take it so negatively. What sign saturn is in matters. You can also interpret it as you were the disciplinarian in your home, the responsible one and from what I heard, you definitely were.

Whoam1

I think moon in the 8th house can but I feel like most often than not the emotionality occurs in response to the 8th house cusp progressing to the 8th house planet aka the moon.

Again I'm trying to make astrology more simple, more accordingly what it traditionally meant. A moon in scorpio, and moon in 8th house and moon in aspect to pluto definitely resembles one another in some way but I believe for different reasons.

From my experience, from the charts I've read and some anecdotal experience, I have seen luminaries with planets are very very prominant. Now 8th house simply means for me that your emotions are presented in hades moon realm. The reason why I say this is because not all scorpios are into hidden topics, astrology, occult, psychology. Freud had 8th house moon, I have eight house moon and I'm into all three and from what I can tell so do you. I feel like with moon here it is just mastering the art of diving deep, but is also associated with trauma and emotionality by the virtue of the 8th house cusp somehow eventually progressing to it and triggering something.

So true! I love Freud too btw. And my Pluto and Osiris point there too that's two gods of death. Plus my sun/moon-midpoint is 7 degrees Scorpio conjunct Khambia which is the claw of Scorpio aimed to uncover everything.

Whoam1

2ndly, you don't have to take it so negatively. What sign saturn is in matters. You can also interpret it as you were the disciplinarian in your home, the responsible one and from what I heard, you definitely were.

Ok that makes sense it represents my life and looks more than my personality I believe.

Whoam1

Plus I dress in black and dark colors with my Aquarius ego flare on occasion and of course my Venus in Scorpio which is literally my fav planet/sign combo of all the options.