much about saturn

Hi everyone, i'd appreciate it if someone would comment on my upcoming saturn return.

I'm wondering what does it represent, is this something i should be concerned about, etc.

I'm puzzled when i'm told - often, that i should 'prepare' and 'watch out' for it. is that really possible when it is so close to its return? I also don't find the experience of it to be so gloomy and negative as simply -- just a slow-motioning factor. So, is it possible that it's a matter of perspective?

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Saturn, to truffle

truffle,

Since you have Saturn conjunct (energy is combined with) your Ascendant (self), you are very familiar with Saturn energy. So the Saturn return will probably be no big deal. I know you are very familiar with Saturn partly because of your choice of avatar...Saturn rules the teeth! ;)

Saturnally yours,

Tim

Culpeper

Premium Member
According to William Lilly, Saturn on the ascendant gives long life and strength. For you, a transit of Saturn to its natal position should be helpful.

Lin

I'm extremely familiar with Saturn. He has been my teacher for a long long time.
I think, over all, the most important thing to remember about your Saturn placement and every transit to it throughout your life, is that Saturn represents a "weak spot" in the chart which, through it's lessons and torments and denials and restrictions and exercise, becomes, ultimately, one of the, if not THE strongest place in your chart (psyche).
LIN

gaer

I think that a Saturn return doesne't need to be any more than a period for thinking carefully about what we have learned and what we need to learn.

Some do not pay attention to what they should, so when they hit close to 30, they are shocked by finding out that they are on the wrong path.

I was one of those people, so my first return hit me hard.

Others who are wiser float through this period with no problem. ;)

G.

Thanks so much Tim; I am sooo glad to hear that!

I am even having a little relvelation about myself. With Saturn on my Asc, I feel events in my life unfold very slowly, carefully, in general, and that's very much become part of my personality -- I'm reserved, careful, etc. Now I have an astrologer that I've been not getting really, basically she'd always stress on and on about how careful I need to be, not to rush things, and how Saturn is out 'to get me.' I try telling her that I really am patient with things - every step/decision I make I consider it in such depths and lenghts; I know that I can't rush or push things even if wanted to.

That's how I really experience things, so I cannot imagine how Saturn can get me, when it's already gotten me! but NO! she'd tell me - I've some kind of denial aspects and I must surrender. I have no way to relate what she's refering to. Being so gullible, I believed
her, felt kind of panicked and self-conscious. So, I need a new astrologer that's for sure!
And I am surely familiar with Saturn and I've been reading about it; it's holding me tight, but I've learned how to work with it and use it to my advantage. It's really my edge and not some mean force I ought fear.

Sigh.

Last edited:

gaer

champagne truffle said:
Thanks so much Tim; I am sooo glad to hear that!

I am even having a little relvelation about myself. With Saturn on my Asc, I feel events in my life unfold very slowly, carefully, in general, and that's very much become part of my personality -- I'm reserved, careful, etc. Now I have an astrologer that I've been not getting really, basically she'd always stress on and on about how careful I need to be, not to rush things, and how Saturn is out 'to get me.' I try telling her that I really am patient with things - every step/decision I make I consider it in such depths and lenghts; I know that I can't rush or push things even if wanted to.

That's how I really experience things, so I cannot imagine how Saturn can get me, when it's already gotten me! but NO! she'd tell me - I've some kind of denial aspects and I must surrender. I have no way to relate what she's refering to. Being so gullible, I believed
her, felt kind of panicked and self-conscious. So, I need a new astrologer that's for sure!
And I am surely familiar with Saturn and I've been reading about it; it's holding me tight, but I've learned how to work with it and use it to my advantage. It's really my edge and not some mean force I ought fear.

Sigh.
SATURN DOES NOT GET YOU!!!

I'm screaming at your astrologist.

The purpose of astrology to is to help us.

The purpose of an astrologer is to provide help, insight, support.

Not to plant negative seeds that might lead to fear, doubt, anxiety and other negative feelings when there is nothing in your life indicating this.

Get another astrologer. This one ^&*%.

You have posted your natal here? We have people on this board who are first rate, and if anyone gives you advice that is off the mark, another person will immediately post and say, "I disagree."

I instinctively agreed with Tim. Read his post. Tikana said that her return has not been a problem.

I just completed my second. Not a problem.

Trust yourself!!!

Crossing fingers that you will get away from this harmful person.

Gaer

Last edited:
Shhh, down a notch Gaer! I can hear you too :).
Not so clearly - I said my little revelation was actually about needing to get a new astrologer.
I feel lighter already. She totally scarred me and made me anticipate the Saturn Return with fear. Yeah such approach is terrible, in retrospect it was clearly pathetic and I can't believe I fell for it.

I have heard cases where Saturn Return does 'get' people, by leaving big gaps or holes, but again, scarring people helps not. I was just feeling that because of my Asc conjuction, my return won't be - jolty, but that it would rather reveal itself incrementally, or, if at all.

I think I did post my chart, non? I don't have a question at the moment......am enjoying the lesson learnt now :) still soaking it in.

~ trusting myself ~

thanks so much!

Last edited:

gaer

champagne truffle said:
I think I did post my chart, non? I don't have a question at the moment......am enjoying the lesson learnt now :)
Actually, I meant to writ this:

You have posted your natal here!

I had originally said, "Did you post your natal?" But then I remember you had, so I went back to edit but forgot to change the question mark to a period or exclamation.

Sorry about the shouting, but I think you'll find I'm no the only one around her who become outraged at the manipulative, dangerous antics of dispreputable astrologers. :)

All the best,

Gaer

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Champagne truffle,
firstly in regard to the astrologer you have recognised as having ill-advised you...It just isn't possible for any astrologer to categorically say, with any accuracy, what will happen when any planet makes any particular aspect..So much depends on your natal placements.When Saturn is making its return, so also are other planets making aspects by transit which will possibly greatly influence what events take place at that time.

I agree with Gaer's comments and his frustration- so often on this forum do we hear of *other astrologers* doomsaying the charts of young people who are easily influenced by these negative and ignorant *interpretations*.

A lot of *amateur*, even *professional* astrologers fall into the trap of trying to predict either ill or good for the native based on transits..For example, already on this thread we have seen a few different views on the possible effects of the saturn return...
A good motto for dealing with any saturn aspect might be *whatever is, is best*...
By studying your own chart, observing what happens when particular transits are occurring you will learn a great deal, and never underestimate the benefit of helpful trines which often mitigate against unfortunate events occurring.
Humility is possibly one of the most important qualities of a good astrologer, because it is impossible to be right every time but each mistake can bring new knowledge so it's worthwhile persevering...now that's a true saturnian trait! All the best, Lillyjgc

tikana

I agree with Lillyjgc. Computerized interpreations are often misleading .. NOT because they are bad but because A. they dont take other configurations into a consideration B. they might be useless C. contradict each other

Saturn returns can be uneventful when you have no other transits going on. My saturn return was unproductive because i had nothing else going on in my chart. Plus, saturn came hung out for 1 week and left.

Predictive astrology is COMPLICATED.. not easy. you need really know what you are doing before you even begin predicting events..Transits are nt the only way to judg the events. They need to be backed up by progressions... Then you need to compare them to solar arcs. If you want to learn astrology you need to know your chart like back of your hand on every event that happend in the past .. If it takes you every month to keep track of all transits and configurations, so be it.

cheers
Tik

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Champagne truffle, Natally you have saturn trine venus so when Sat conjuncts Sat, itwill emphasise the trine to venus and I think your venus is in house 4, so perhaps saturn will represent stabilizing influences around your home...or as Ramchandan20002 said above, love/relationship matters...My experience of saturn is that what changes is what had to change, for better in the long term...eg, under a saturn transit, a tooth might start hurting...might need to be extracted...or repaired...maintenance work...or a relationship thats been floundering might end, or a serious one begin...it really can manifest in many ways.Hope yours is smooth sailing...Cheers, illyjgc

Thanks kindly for your comments Lilly. I too hope it'll will be a smooth sailing -whatever changes it brings. I am actualy looking foraward to it, whatever it brings, I think it's going to be great because my life is rather unenventful now.
And, yes each mistake can and more often than not does bring new knowledge.

And thanks for calling me young ;-)
I feel so old -- I think it's the Saturn again :)

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
astrology school, to truffle

truffle,

You said:
she is going to a reputable astrology school. And none of this helped. I still found her manipulative...half the things she told me were completely off. Drove me crazy, esp. that she'd be so free to assume things

This is a good example of how it may not be necessary to go to an astrology school to be a good astrologer...and how going to an astrology school doesn't necessarily make you a good astrologer. Unfortunately, astrology schools teach the would-be astrologer what everything in the chart "should" mean. So these people study the astro-books in school and the interpretations there and then they go about repeating it word for word as if it were revealed truth to anyone who will listen.

The problem is the school never teaches the astrologer that the first thing to do is to LISTEN to the person looking for the reading. Why are they there? What information do they want? What is their point of view? What is the best way to present the possibilities shown in the chart? The school focuses on "solutions" and so the person is left out of the process.

Instead, I think it is most helpful for the would-be astrologer (wba ;) ) to learn their own chart first, very well. And then to create charts for people they know and ask them about their life, while looking at the chart. This way the wba learns how people actually use the energies in their chart. After awhile the wba starts to get a feel for how the basic chart energies work in people. Then the wba takes their knowledge and begins to interpret other people's charts, always asking "Does this make sense to you? How would you describe this?" In time, the wba gains confidence and skill and becomes an astrologer, able to interpret charts in a way that helps the other person. Then, if the astrologer has the time, money, and desire, they can go off to an astro-schools and learn more about the details of astrology...but only after they have learned the craft of astrology in the real world first!

Astro-Preaching,

Tim

Yes, Tim, that's all very true and I couldn't agree more.

Basically, there are a lot of things I have to un-learn, as a result, things that I was told and I took them to heart. I'm doing that....and learning to trust myself primarily, I can do that...that's my lesson.

The listening problem remains though but it's not on my side. Many times I'd introduce 'new' information that would have revised her outlook/opinion completely. Months and months later. But I now realize that she must have sought it out herself firstly. It's complex, I know, part of the learning process, but if I was an astrologer I would be scared to be giving out bits and pieces of information so liberally.

Last edited:

gaer

lillyjgc said:
Humility is possibly one of the most important qualities of a good astrologer, because it is impossible to be right every time but each mistake can bring new knowledge so it's worthwhile persevering...now that's a true saturnian trait! All the best, Lillyjgc
Right. It's when the ego get involved, when being right is more important, or showing off is more important than helping someone that harm is done.
tikana said:
If you want to learn astrology you need to know your chart like back of your hand on every event that happend in the past ..
The important thing is to practice on YOURSELF first. Then, if you make mistakes, you won't be damaging another human being! :)

Gaer