Does he like me? Can I trust her?

IleneK

Premium Member
It's a long and tedious story, and while I don't mind giving out details I'm hoping I can keep it short since the situation can be summed up - basically, a guy friend at work is inconsistently consistent / complimentary / observant towards me, but not like everybody else. My friend has a better rapport with him and assures me he doesn't like me like that (he's married with a new baby on the way) but because there's three sides to every story I'm also wondering if I can trust her perception.

in this chart

Q1: Merc in Leo 12H / Jup in Scorpio 3H, turned 9H, sep. square. (Fits!!!)

Q2: Sun / Moon same sign of Cancer, Sun is in Moon's exaltation (significant?), but wide conjunction. Girl work friend IS older than me, and has been very understanding about the whole situation. You can also see she gets along better with Jupiter.

Jupiter is sextiling to ASC, as is Moon.

Sun receives Mercury, and the Sun is also connected to the Moon so does this speak of third parties all around?

______

ETA: Reception wise, Jupiter is in Moon's fall and in a cadent house, so weak and no power to act (right?) And that fits as he is way more passive than I or the other friend involved, plus he's taken.

Also... and I have no idea if this means anything... but Mars is receiving Jupiter, and with Mars being in Aquarius I looked at Saturn and Saturn is in the 4th house but in Mars' exaltation. It's not a solid theory yet because it's all in MY lower half of the chart instead of the turned 7H, but it makes me think "No, he's committed to his family" since Saturn is in the Moon's house, 4H, in Capricorn... which is also in detriment to the Moon.

Dear Lovely.

Does he like you?

You as Merc are hidden, hiding in the 12th, and separating from a square with him/Jup. So no aspect, no meaningful coming together.
He as Jup nominally receives you/Merc by face, the faintest of reception. Your caring for him/Jup is marginally more, by term.

So I need to ask, is this question really "Does he have a romantic interest in me?"

The reason I ask is that if this is a married young man with a baby on the way, who tends to be quite solicitous in general, do you suppose, that he needs any kind of romantic distraction?

I'll leave that question with you to consider.
Be wise, be kind.

LovelyMissAries

I'm not romantically into him, his behavior towards me is different than most married men I interact with so I'm trying to understand why. And since the friend is closer to him, she's the one he asks about me to all the time, but he won't approach me directly to talk.

IleneK

Premium Member
I'm not romantically into him, his behavior towards me is different than most married men I interact with so I'm trying to understand why. And since the friend is closer to him, she's the one he asks about me to all the time, but he won't approach me directly to talk.

Well, you have your answer then. He receives you by term, which means that there is modest reception from him to you. I think the way this guy may just have a solicitous nature, and perhaps you've not met someone like him before, married or not? So you now can be acquainted with this fellow and just enjoy the interaction for what it is.