USA The Full Moon of March 31, 2018

piercethevale

Greetings.
I should have made a post on the last New Moon and I'll try to get to that and add it to this thread in the next day or two but I found the chart for this last Full Moon to be so ripe with appropriate Sabian Symbolism that I thought that I had best post it asap.
Here's the chart cast for the exact moment of the event at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the birthplace of the United States.

USA_Full_Moon_3-31-2018.png

The Sun is in the 11th degree of Aries, the Sabian Symbol for that degree reads as (All Sabian Symbols given in this post are from Dane Rudhyar's book. "An Astrological Mandala"):

"ARIES 11°: THE RULER OF A NATION.

KEYNOTE:
The power resulting from the format integration of the collective desire for order.

At this stage of the cyclic process this symbol refers to the appearance of the (personal) ego as the central manifestation of a type of 'order' which transcends and seeks to rule the emotional and instinctual drives of the individual person. Actually the ruler at this social-political and mental level of integration is often the one who is being ruled by collective pressures. Nevertheless, a desire for a larger type of integration has now emerged. It is no longer biological-impulsive (Aries 1°) or emotional-personal (Aries 6°), but social-collective and institutional. At this ego level, laws and the restrictive power of a police force are dominant features. Psychologically speaking, this means that the integrative principle is the limited, more or less narrow "I am" realization. It manifests itself as the personal ego exerting its will to control the reactions of the bio-psychic organism.

This is the first stage of the third five-fold sequence of the cyclic process. It indicates a
CENTRALIZATION OF POWER at the level of a rigidly structured consciousness."

The Moon in the 11th degree of Libra and keep in mind that Mercury is retrograde during this event... making the "transmission of knowledge" particularly difficult at this time...

"LIBRA 11°: A PROFESSOR PEERING OVER HIS GLASSES AT HIS STUDENTS.

KEYNOTE:
Problems attending the transmission of knowledge in a special cultural setup.

This is a rather peculiar symbol for this phase of the process, and it reveals a rather humorous approach to what man's mind can accomplish at this stage. However, there seems to be no valid reason to make the image into some kind of a caricature, or to sentimentalize it by referring to a 'kind old professor'. Rather one should analyze the picture in order to discover its basic elements. The professor has dealt so much with books that he has greatly strained his eyes; in days when bifocal lenses were not widely used, he had to peer over his glasses in order to see his students. The symbol thus simply reveals two aspects of the condition of 'professor-ship' — that is, of being able to transfer to the young generation the vast sum of knowledge accumulated by the past. The need to absorb this enormous amount of book knowledge affects the mind as well as the eyes; in order to meet the demands of the turbulent youth, the teacher in a sense has to look above this knowledge and to see his students simply as human beings.

This is the first symbol in the thirty-ninth five-fold sequence. It deals at the intellectual level with the teaching of accumulated collective knowledge, and the problem posed by the acquisition of that knowledge. This is what
INSTRUCTION means — a process not to be confused with 'education.'

...and with Mercury in retrograde, no less, in the 13th of Aries: (ibid.)

"ARIES 13°: AN UNEXPLODED BOMB REVEALS AN UNSUCCESSFUL SOCIAL PROTEST.

KEYNOTE:
An immature evaluation of the possibility of transforming suddenly the status quo.

The symbol pictures the result of a particular attempt to resolve the conflict between two concept-feelings of order. Resolution by violence fails because the ego-power at this stage of the process of individualization is far too strong. "The State" thwarts attempts at popular revolution, because these are premature expressions of a consciousness which is not free, but can only react 'wildly' to constraint and to a central ruling power. It is thus a symbol of immature refusal to conform, in the name of an over-idealistic desire for harmony and peace.

This is the third stage of the third five-fold sequence. A negative attempt at reconciling the spiritual ideal and the very earthly reality, denying the validity of the latter. It suggests
ADOLESCENT FRUSTRATION."

...wow, is this stuff "spot on" or what?

The Ascendant of the chart, as to what we, collectively, presently are: (ibid.)

"TAURUS 22°: WHITE DOVE FLYING OVER TROUBLED WATERS.

KEYNOTE:
The spiritual inspiration that comes to the individual in the overcoming of crisis.

Here also we are confronted with a symbol of guidance, and the dove flying over troubled waters reminds one of the story of Noah and the Ark. Noah met his and mankind's crisis courageously and in complete obedience to God's promptings. The test completed, he received the dove's message. It is a message from the Holy Spirit announcing a new Dispensation. This symbolic scene can be applied to personal crises resulting from emotional upheavals or from the irruption of unconscious forces and impulses into the consciousness — if the crisis has been faced in the right spirit.

This second stage symbol is in contrast to the preceding one because here it is not the product of a culture, a 'book'. but instead the rhythm of cosmic, God-ordained cycles that reveals its conclusive beat through a living and concretely significant sign — a
REWARD TO THE FAITHFUL."

...and the Part of Fortune and Descendant of the chart (indicating the "Where-to" we are headed and as for also being a Part of Fortune and in an "emotional/cultural" degree of the Sabian's, is telling us to assume it as an attitude or means of perspective as to get through this next half of the Moons cycle most fortuitously... (ibid.)

"SCORPIO 22°: HUNTERS SHOOTING WILD DUCKS.

KEYNOTE:
The socially accepted release of an individual's or a group's aggressive instincts.

What this symbol clearly stresses is the socialization of man's primitive instincts according to a cultural ritual. Social hunting is a regulated seasonal outlet for male aggressiveness — a safety valve for emotional pressures in human beings in whom animal compulsions and bio-spheric values are still strong.

In this second stage symbol we find a strong contrast with the first. In the latter, the individual proved himself truly 'man' by refusing to accept the practices of war imposed upon him by his society; in this symbol for Scorpio 22° it is society that willingly accepts — and in accepting, ritualizes and to some extent refines — the aggressiveness inherent in most individuals. The Keywords are
SOCIALIZATION OF INSTINCTS."

It all sounds like it's going along just as it's supposed to be.

piercethevale

I used the most recent hemi-cycle of New Moon to Full Moon as an example to assist in understanding of a chapter titled "The Part of Fortune and Part of Spirit" in Dane Rudhyar's book "The Lunation Cycle" in a thread Phoenix Venus initiated that I wish to have to also serve as the follow up on the New Moon preceding this last Full Moon that I promised I would get to.

It can be read at the following link beginning with my post made today that is post #3 [I do, however, recommend reading the entire thread as it is a most profound understanding of which I only finally came to such an understanding myself, last night, after hours of contemplation on just what actually occurs and how it is to be applied. I was nearly cross-eyed from staring at the charts on my computer screen for hours on end by the time I began writing those posts in the early "wee hours", here in California, of this Saturday morning.:andy:]

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94528