The cycle of the Moon and the Nodes

eternal wanderer

Dear friends,

I wish to know how to interpret the position of the Moon in relation to the Nodes.

What signifies when she is in south latitude, coming from south node towards the north, and vice versa? And what when she is at 0 latitude, ie conjoined with one of the nodes, or when she is squaring them from maximum latitude?

Much has been said about the Sun-Moon cycle but very little about the Moon-nodes cycle.

I was thinking where this cycle begins? With the Sun and Moon the cycle naturally begins with the conjunction. But here, with the nodes made me think whether the cycle should start with the north node or south node conjunction? Then a thought came to me that concerning the nodes which show us the past-future and past lives, there is actually no beginning nor end, cause we are eternal. We are just changing bodies as we are changing clothes.

So, how to interpret the position of the Moon in relation to the nodes?
And also, can we similarily relate other planets to the nodes of the Moon?

Dear friends,

I wish to know how to interpret the position of the Moon in relation to the Nodes.

What signifies when she is in south latitude, coming from south node towards the north, and vice versa? And what when she is at 0 latitude, ie conjoined with one of the nodes, or when she is squaring them from maximum latitude?

Much has been said about the Sun-Moon cycle but very little about the Moon-nodes cycle. [that's because the Node and Moon are separate matters]

I was thinking where this cycle begins?[progressed Moon like saturn takes approx 28years to make a full cycle, whereas transiting moon takes 28days. Node progressions and transits are far different than moon's cycle] With the Sun and Moon the cycle naturally begins with the conjunction. But here, with the nodes made me think whether the cycle should start with the north node or south node conjunction? Then a thought came to me that concerning the nodes which show us the past-future and past lives, there is actually no beginning nor end, cause we are eternal. We are just changing bodies as we are changing clothes.[true, but in THIS lifetime, Nodes are about *life Lessons* here and growth that can be acheived. Not future lifetimes in my opinion]

So, how to interpret the position of the Moon in relation to the nodes? [Iwouldn't]
And also, can we similarily relate other planets to the nodes of the Moon?NO

North node
http://www.cafeastrology.com/northnodesouthnode.html
http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/north-node-karma.php
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/moon_nodes.htm
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/North%20Node%20and%20the%20Quest%20for%20the%20Authentic%20Self
http://www.north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/nodes

remember, planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses (so are Nodes) and how they express are *aspects*

eternal wanderer

I didn't mean progressions neither the 18,6 years nodal cycle, but the Moon's cycle of 27,4 days in relation to the nodes (which can ofcourse be applied to progressions as well).

For instance, does a square to the nodes have the same influence regardless if she is passing from south to north node or from north to south?

Dealing with planets we would talk of waxing and wanning squares or whatever the aspect may be. I remeber Rudhyar mentioning this somwhere, but nothing tangible anyway.

I didn't mean progressions neither the 18,6 years nodal cycle, but the Moon's cycle of 27,4 days in relation to the nodes (which can ofcourse be applied to progressions as well).

For instance, does a square to the nodes have the same influence regardless if she is passing from south to north node or from north to south?

Dealing with planets we would talk of waxing and wanning squares or whatever the aspect may be. I remeber Rudhyar mentioning this somwhere, but nothing tangible anyway.

again transiting node for me is negliable.... and very fleeting at that..

eternal wanderer

Astrologer50:

again transiting node for me is negliable.... and very fleeting at that..

I would tend to agree, though not absolutely. However, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT TRANSITS.

Every two planets form a cycle from conjunction to conjunction and are always in relation throughout the cycle. In natal it matters whether the faster planet is waxing or wanning, is far or close to the slower, etc.
The same applies to the nodes and the Moon. In natal she is in relation to the nodes, either moving from south node towards the north node or just the opposite. And this MUST symbolize something, as planets symbolize something when they are above or below the horizon, east or west, and so on... This i am asking primarily.

PS: I wonder if we have planets in quincunx. Much of that you replied to me (also in previous posts), actually answers something i never asked. You misunderstand my questions. I am very curious. Here is my chart so you can check!:happy:

Attachments

• My natal.jpg
    My natal.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 60
Yeah, Saturn from Libra in applying quincunx to your stellium?:sick:

I really wish you recover well!
It's smack opp my well aspected moon now. actually I've not noticed too much from saturn in 9th being cadent. T pluto coming up for nice trines to my sun next year

why you such a strong interest in moon and nodes? I have diarised T Node conj my MC next year, just to see if anything happens...

eternal wanderer

why you such a strong interest in moon and nodes? I have diarised T Node conj my MC next year, just to see if anything happens...

Actually my interest in the nodes is not stronger than interest in any other part of astrology.

But now your question reminded me to a set of aspects in my chart which are going to take place, i think, next summer. Namely prog Moon conj N Node, S Node transiting natal Moon and transiting Pluto conj south node.

All at the approximately same time.:biggrin:

We shall see what will happen.:biggrin:

Any idea?

Actually my interest in the nodes is not stronger than interest in any other part of astrology.

But now your question reminded me to a set of aspects in my chart which are going to take place, i think, next summer. Namely prog Moon conj N Node, S Node transiting natal Moon and transiting Pluto conj south node.

All at the approximately same time.:biggrin:

We shall see what will happen.:biggrin:

Any idea?
prog moon (11th) are internal matters, mother,women and domestic/home matters and N Node is (to me) about *life lessons* So it depends on what house and sign these two are in. This could suggest someone important coming into your life (female) that is going to help you in your Lessons, friendships, group activities, hopes and wishes......

South Node T to natal moon could suggest someone from your past, women, mother family members (natal moon). T Pluto conj South Node, transformations break with past and circumstances. So as your Node is in cancer 11th house and South Node cappi 5th house, these two have to come into play. Do you have children? and you creatively inclined?

eternal wanderer

I have no children.

About my nodal position I feel I have to share my Neptunian (5th house) qualities with others: friends, groups, public in general etc. To a lesser extent also Jupiterian and Capricornian, though these two are not so important.

Neptune is central to my life. He is giving me a reason to exist.

The role of all other planets is to assist Neptune. In this way is Uranus very helpful. He can be used as a link, a bridge between Saturn and Neptune. So, the 5th house is about creativity and the things we like to do and i certainly like Neptunian hobbies - which are much more than hobbies. Astrology which is said to be Uranian is my passion, though not indispensable, and can be used as a bridge towards higher realities (which after attained must be brought down (into the womb (cancer node)), Saturn also). In this way only, I see astrology useful. And of course she is my hobby! (concerning the nodes, my Uranus is bequintile to the north node)

But this is of course only an exerption from my chart and I believe, you very well know that a chart must be looked at as a whole.