The meaning of a square - Yes or No

jacambers

Hi all,

I'm trying to become more knowledgeable about outcomes of squares between two significators. On one hand, I've read that squares are yes answers, but one will go through much difficulty to receive the answer that they want. Then I've read that they usually give no answers. Then, I've read that they yes provided that there is good reception. So, as you can appreciate... There is a little confusion here.

Say for example, the question accompanying the chart below is:

Will me and and an ex boyfriend go on a date? (This isn't the question btw - I am just trying to create a wished for positive scenario which will help to provide insight into the square and what it may mean). I know that some will say that the question asked affects the answer shown, but I am really just trying to better understand what a square means, in a more simple scenario where there is no prohibition, delibilitated moon etc. (Well, not from what I can see).

What would you say the answer is?

ScorpioCancerian

I am not checking the horary right now but let me tell you about squares : squares, in theory, bring two things together with much tension and trouble. In practice though things are different because aspects are nothing without receptions. If planet A really want planet B and vice versa, then the square will bring those planets together but with some trouble. If then no one of the planets really want to meet up the other, the aspect won't bring them together (bring together : the matter in question is happening). Then they are questions that don't oblige you to bring receptions into judgment, these questions are USUALLY a troubled yes.

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

I'm trying to become more knowledgeable about outcomes of squares between two significators. On one hand, I've read that squares are yes answers, but one will go through much difficulty to receive the answer that they want. Then I've read that they usually give no answers. Then, I've read that they yes provided that there is good reception. So, as you can appreciate... There is a little confusion here.

Will me and and an ex boyfriend go on a date? (This isn't the question btw - I am just trying to create a wished for positive scenario which will help to provide insight into the square and what it may mean). I know that some will say that the question asked affects the answer shown, but I am really just trying to better understand what a square means, in a more simple scenario where there is no prohibition, delibilitated moon etc. (Well, not from what I can see).

FREE ONLINE HORARY COURSE has answers to this question and more :smile:
at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html

rafaella

Hi all,

a square can mean a yes with obstacles, perhaps the guy will have to ask you twice on a date before you say yes. Square between significators wth bad dignity is weak, reception between the significators does help. Also Moon and its aspects are important, if Moon is void, then no. If Moon is in detriment and making bad aspects then this might colour the situation and may bring a negative outcome still.

jacambers

I didn't realise that this thread had so many responses. I only got an email notification for one :(

Anyway, thank you for all of your responses. It's really interesting to see how different people approach or consider a horary chart! I'm going to read through the link that Jupiter provided. I love reading other charts and looking at how answers were derived; but it's not always the same!

Thanks again all!