Struggling to settle down

Hi all

Over the last few months it's really been bugging me that I can't seem to settle down. I've never really been able to. I seem to have really itchy feet in terms of just about everything... work, relationships and places to live. In an effort to try and understand what's going on with me, I decided to learn about astrology and see what impact the planets might be having on me. I have some basic understanding of the signs, planets and houses, however; any corrections to the information below would be greatly appreciated.

My sun is in cancer in the third house with venus and mercury.
My rising sign is Taurus with no planets. Also I'm only 1 degree in Taurus so I don't know if that's significant or not.
My moon is in Aries with mars. Mars is in the 11th house and the moon is in the 12th (which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing... I think this means that I tend to hide my emotions and I certainly do that very well, but probably shouldn't!).
Most of my planets are below the horizon which as I understand it makes me quite a private person (and I am. In normal circumstances I wouldn't be sharing my birth information with everyone on the internet!) and a lot of planets are on the eastern side of the chart which should make me a self directed person. To a large extent I am very independent and I make things happen for me. I don't tend to wait around, if I want something, I go and get it... but...

I just can't settle down. I have a constant restless feeling and lately, I'm losing focus. Is there something in my chart that would be doing this?

I've attached two charts, one of which is whole signs. One thing I did notice is that when I changed my chart to whole signs, the moon and mars are in the 12th house but I'm not sure whether this is significant, or whether it even has an impact on my restlessness... it might signify hidden anger/aggression perhaps. I guess it depends how you read it. I also noticed that pluto moved to the 6th house but is still opposite mars.

Any insights you can provide would be most welcome and I'm really interested in looking at areas that require some work. Plus, I'm also hoping that if I can understand my own chart, then I'll be able to understand astrology better and any learning experience is a good experience!

Thanks very much for your time.

Attachments

• SC natal chart placidus.gif
    SC natal chart placidus.gif
    80.7 KB · Views: 35
  • SC natal chart whole signs.gif
    SC natal chart whole signs.gif
    79.8 KB · Views: 26

JUPITERASC

...My rising sign is Taurus with no planets. Also I'm only 1 degree in Taurus so I don't know if that's significant or not.....
The degree of the Rising Sign
changes to the next degree of the Rising Sign
EVERY FOUR MINUTES :smile:

therefore

IF the official time of birth in this case is inaccurate by only FOUR MINUTES and
IF therefore
the birth occurred only five minutes earlier than stated
THEN
the Ascendant could be Aries Rising sign

Factors to consider regarding official times of birth:

The medical team attending to mother and newborn
at time of delivery are USUALLY clearly NOT seated at their computers
focused on noting an accurate time of birth for the purposes of creating a natal chart.

Instead the medical team are focused on the health and safety of both mother and newborn.
Following a birth the mother obviously requires medical attention
the level of which is variable, dependent on the circumstances of the birth

i.e. was the birth a C-section or not, were there complications

A newborn also obviously requires basic medical attention
such as ensuring airways are clear
ensuring the newborn is breathing
then
weighing, washing and clothing the newborn
and/or
IF NECESSARY
conveying the newborn to neo-natal unit for emergency attention as necessary

Therefore the official time of birth is necessarily noted AFTER a delivery
when both mother and newborn are comfortable and not in any medical danger.

ALSO

consider the unreliability of hospital clocks which are frequently fast or slow

and

consider the vagaries of Daylight Savings Time

SO

It is entirely POSSIBLE that the Ascendant in this particular case COULD be Aries Rising

BASIC TIPS AND HINTS REGARDING HOW TO VERIFY ASCENDANT/DESCENDANT/MC/IC NATAL CHART ANGLES
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626&highlight=rectification

It's funny you should mention that... my birth was fairly straight forward, and then I brought the drama! A few minutes after birth I stopped breathing and had to be resuscitated. The obstetrician had my time of birth recorded as 2.21am as that's when I made my first appearance... although the midwives had wanted it recorded closer to 3am as that's when I was stable.

My mum is confident that the time of birth is as accurate as possible, but does concede I could have been born a couple of minutes earlier... but it would only have been a couple of minutes.

waybread

I don't think it much matters. I think "itchy feet" in your chart are indicated by a sun-Mars square and a stellium in your third house of short-distance travel. The moon also symbolizes one's sense of home, and with Chiron closely conjunct it, you may have a negative association with being house-bound, possibly in relation to a troubled mother.

I don't think a mobile lifestyle is a problem per se, unless it interferes with your forming social relationships or holding a steady job so that you can build up some savings for your retirement.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I don't think a mobile lifestyle is a problem per se, unless it interferes with your forming social relationships or holding a steady job so that you can build up some savings for your retirement.

Yes, yes, yes...... The choices I made so that I could live comfortably in retirement. And the friends who had extravagant lifestyles, who are still working, when all their associates are under 40!!

Thanks for that waybread. As far as working goes, I'm good at holding down jobs and mostly tend to over work. I'm quite loyal to organisations but I like to be challenged and stimulated so I tend to move internally within the company. In terms of social relationships, I tend to make friends quite easily but can't commit to long term relationships. I get bored easily and hate to feel as though I'm trapped so I usually just walk away... not the best characteristic to have and certainly doesn't bode well for marriage in the future!​

You might be on to something with regard to mother issues. My mum certainly had more than her share of troubles when I was young so I can definitely see how that might impact on my need to be away from home. I also had issues with my dad so perhaps that contributed as well? Although perhaps not as I think I read that mother issues can show up in the 12th house. Unless father issues show up elsewhere and have an impact (4th house maybe?). Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but put us in the same room and it's an instant battlefield!

One other thing, I didn't think a stellium could be made up of the sun, mercury and venus because they are normally quite near each other. This may be a case of me misunderstanding stelliums though. This learning new things lark isn't as easy as I thought it would be. A thought about old dogs and new tricks springs to mind!

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

Zarathu, I do have rare moments of practicality when I'm not being flighty and commitment phobic so I have a pension fund. I'm not working any longer than I actually have to! :D

P.S. Sorry for late reply, have tried to post this four times but my post keeps getting eaten by the computer gods!

JUPITERASC

....One other thing, I didn't think a stellium could be made up of the sun, mercury and venus because they are normally quite near each other. This may be a case of me misunderstanding stelliums though. This learning new things lark isn't as easy as I thought it would be. A thought about old dogs and new tricks springs to mind!....
There are mixed opinions regarding what constitutes 'a stellium'
some say more than three planets in the same sign/house,
others four or more planets in the same sign/house

HOWEVER

'a stellium' is delineated
similarly
to a delineation of
when more than one planet occupies a house

so you may be interested to research
the following basic method

HOW TO PROCEED WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE :smile:

When many planets are found together in the same house and their dispositor is located in another
the affairs signified by this latter will form the point of departure for whatever fortune or misfortune is produced by the group of planets. (Cf. Rule 63) http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html
Based on astrological methods of 17th century astrologer MORIN DE VILLEFRANCHE as taught by ZOLTAN MASON of New York - seeing chart as a whole integrated unit

'…..The more planets there are physically together in a house,
the more this will indicate something extraordinary in terms of house meanings
as each planet operates according to its nature
and its own other determinations.

The most powerful action on house significations is from the planet that is house ruler
then,
from the planet in exaltation

and thirdly,
from planet possessing closest natural analogy with house meanings.

When dignity and analogy are not found together in the same planet
consider the two or three planets together
in which these conditions are separately realized....'

'….When, among many planets occupying the same house,
some correspond by their analogy to the meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them,
then ascertain which of these two groups is most powerful.
If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented.

When the planets occupying the same house are all benefics,
they anticipate fulfillment of good fortune and suppression of misfortune indicated by the house.
If they are malefics, the contrary will occur,
unless they are in good zodiacal state in a favorable house......'

'….
If, in a fortunate house
a benefic planet is followed by another benefic,
good produced by house affairs will be stable.

If benefic is followed by malefic,
fortune acquired will be lost.

In an unfortunate house
benefic followed by another benefic indicates misfortune will not be realized
or if it is
in an extremely limited way.

If this benefic is followed by a malefic
the misfortune signified by the house will certainly occur but the native will escape it.

But if a malefic is followed by another malefic
the misfortunes caused will be very serious
and the native will never escape them....

...HOW TO PROCEED WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE :smile:

When many planets are found together in the same house and their dispositor is located in another
the affairs signified by this latter will form the point of departure for whatever fortune or misfortune is produced by the group of planets. (Cf. Rule 63) http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html
Based on astrological methods of 17th century astrologer MORIN DE VILLEFRANCHE as taught by ZOLTAN MASON of New York - seeing chart as a whole integrated unit

'…..The more planets there are physically together in a house,
the more this will indicate something extraordinary in terms of house meanings
as each planet operates according to its nature
and its own other determinations.

The most powerful action on house significations is from the planet that is house ruler
then,
from the planet in exaltation

and thirdly,
from planet possessing closest natural analogy with house meanings.

When dignity and analogy are not found together in the same planet
consider the two or three planets together
in which these conditions are separately realized....'

'….When, among many planets occupying the same house,
some correspond by their analogy to the meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them,
then ascertain which of these two groups is most powerful.
If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented.

When the planets occupying the same house are all benefics,
they anticipate fulfillment of good fortune and suppression of misfortune indicated by the house.
If they are malefics, the contrary will occur,
unless they are in good zodiacal state in a favorable house......'

'….
If, in a fortunate house
a benefic planet is followed by another benefic,
good produced by house affairs will be stable.

If benefic is followed by malefic,
fortune acquired will be lost.

In an unfortunate house
benefic followed by another benefic indicates misfortune will not be realized
or if it is
in an extremely limited way.

If this benefic is followed by a malefic
the misfortune signified by the house will certainly occur but the native will escape it.

But if a malefic is followed by another malefic
the misfortunes caused will be very serious
and the native will never escape them....

One thing I'm really struggling with is who is ruling my chart!

Firstly I looked to my ascendant which is Taurus and ruled by venus... but I also have mars at home in Aries (and I thought if you had a planet at home in its sign it was the chart ruler), plus I also have mercury sitting comfortably in the 3rd house... so I'm a bit confused. Is it possible to have 3 dominant planets? Or should I just simplify and go back to venus as it rules my ascendant?

Your guidance/advice is much appreciated!

JUPITERASC

One thing I'm really struggling with is who is ruling my chart!

Firstly I looked to my ascendant which is Taurus and ruled by venus... but I also have mars at home in Aries (and I thought if you had a planet at home in its sign it was the chart ruler), plus I also have mercury sitting comfortably in the 3rd house... so I'm a bit confused. Is it possible to have 3 dominant planets? Or should I just simplify and go back to venus as it rules my ascendant?

Your guidance/advice is much appreciated!
That's ok :smile:
I was asked in private message to explain the method of calculating the Almutem Figuris of the chart, so I thought that since this is new forum (traditional astrology) it would be better to open a thread here and explain the method publicly where we can all discuss it.

Almutem Figuris is an old doctrine where one planet according to certain calculations applied, receives the honors to be the Ruler or Lord of the Chart.

Robert Zoller had applied the therm AlmuteM instead of AlmuteN in order to differentiate the Lord of the Chart from the Lord of certain house or place in the natal chart such as Almuten Domus (Ruler of a House).

The word Almutes is an Arabian word which means 'Winner'.
Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places. Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

The method which we'll use here I call Ezra/Zoller method.
Arabian Astrologer Ibn Ezra (1089 — 1164) was the first (as far as we at this moment are aware) to explicitely wrote about calculating the Almutem Figuris.

In his writings Zoller trace the beginnings of this Almutem Figuris and he found it in the writings of Iambichus (c. 245–c. 325) who was Syrian neo-platonic philosopher who wrote also about Astrology in his writings.
Iambicus in his work "Theurgy or on the mysteries of Egypt" speaks about the thing how one can change his fate. He speaks that he can do that through Theurgy and through personal relationship with the Lord of the Geniture of which he (Iambichus) only says that can be known through Astrology, but he didn't explained the method.
Zoller, tracing back the Ibn Ezra's ancestry, through the Sabaeans and his teachers (Mashallah and other) all the way to the first centuries where this doctrine was thought. Because of that line Zoller thinks that the Lord of the Geniture of which Iambichus speaks in his writings is in fact the Almutem Figuris of the Ibn Ezra.

Iambichus speaks (through the name of Porphyry) about the Peculiar Daimon, that is some kind of an Guardian Angel and it is conected to the personal soul but its not the same
Here's what Iambichus says in his Theurgy:
This [daimon] therefore is present as an exemplar before the souls descend into the realm of generated existence. As soon as the soul chooses him for leader the [daimon] immediately comes into charge of completing of its vital endowments and when it descends into the body it unites with the body and becomes the guardian of it common living principle. He likewise directs the the private life of the soul and
whatever the conclusions we may arrive at by inference and reasoning he himself imparts to us the principles."

Zoller about the Almutem Figuris says that it is equally as powerful as all the other planets taken together."

Benjamin Dykes (great student of Zoller) says about Almutem Figuris:
"Almutem Figuris, a powerful planet in the natal figure whose spirit or angel acts as the native's special link to the Divine. The Almutem Figuris is a spiritual astrological delineation, similar to but not the same as Lilly's the "Lord of the Geniture." But like Lilly (and Plato), the Almutem Figuris was taken to affect the native's thoughts, beliefs and character. Spiritual enlightenment can demand that we open our eyes to this particular planet and use it to access the Divine. Significantly, this is a function that many modern astrologers now attribute to the sun sign." (In his article on Happiness).

The method of calculation

1. Find the Essential Dignities (the 5 dignities, apply 3 points to all 3 triplicity rulers), in the Degree of the:
- Sun
- Moon
- Ascendant
- Part of Fortune
- Syzygy (the prenatal lunation, the one that came last, i.e. after which the birth follows - New or Full Moon).

2. Add 7 points for the Day ruler and 6 points to the Hour ruler.

3. Add accidental dignities scores.

For the planet in 1st house you add 12 points.
10th house = 11 points
7th house = 10
4th house = 9
11th = 8
5th = 7
2nd = 6
9th = 5
8th = 4
3rd = 3
12th = 2
6th = 1

The planet which has most points in the aforesaid places is the Almutem Figuris of the chart!

Don't forget to apply the 5 degrees ruler for the planet near the cusp of the houses. For example, if Saturn is at 15 Scorpio in 4th, but the 5th house cusp is at 19 Scorpio, you will calculate that Saturn already in the 5th, and you will give him 7 points instead of 9 as he would took if he was in 4th house. This can make big difference.

The free traditional astrology software - Morinus (google it), calcualte the Almutem Figuris. You can find this option by typing F3. But I should warn you that in that calculation is included some adding of points according to the planets phases. Zoller did not mention any kind of phases calculation so at this moment I'm not aware why the author of the software did included that.

But the best way and more enjoyable is to calculate it with your own hand. You will be familiar with the chart more deeply if you do this calculations with your own hand as the older astrologers did.
And if you must use the Morinus software than subtract the phases scores and you will get the Almutem Figuris right. All else is the same calculation as the Ezra/Zoller method.

Zoller gives short discriptions for every planet being Almutem Figuris:

Sun:
"If the Almuten figuris is the Sun, the native will want to lead, express his creative power and be recognized."

Moon:
"If the Moon, s/he will want to care for, be cared for, eat and make love, dream"

Mercury:
"If it is Mercury, s/he will be diligent in the sciences, business and communications"

Venus:
"Id it is Venus s/he will be a lover of beauty, of music, of men and women etc."

Mars:
"If it is Mars, s/he will fight in order to dominate"

Jupiter:
"If it is Jupiter, s/he will philosophize and teach"

Saturn:
"If it is Saturn he will retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity.""

waybread

For astrologers who go with a minimum of 3 planets per sign or house, they would count the sun, Mercury and Venus. This might be the most common stellium, but it doesn't negate a focus on the affairs of the sign or house where they are located.

Some astrologers think that the 12th house shows the mother's emotional condition immediately after giving birth. I am not sure this works 100%. However, a 12th house moon conjunct Chiron and opposite Uranus can indicate that you experienced her as being somewhat unstable (Uranus) and experiencing emotional (moon) pain (Chiron.)