Has Astrology Lost You Friends?

Ukpoohbear

My close friends don’t mind and even start talking about it with me but if meeting new people and it eventually comes up, it just helps push me into ‘weird’ and ‘quirky’ category even more.

AquaGem89

First off, I am curious what planet and aspect sits on your 3rd, 7th and 11th house...

I also dont have much close friends but many acquaintances as I am much picky to whom I really deal with, however my friends and acquaintances don't mind me having this interest in Astrology, in fact I am known for it. Most of them became interested Of the subject because of me.

LiberatedLotus

What is friendship in your view, LL?

Well, I can start by listing off what friendship is not:

In my view, they are not acquisitions, assets, investments, networks for your own personal gain / enhancements of an imaginative "image" or 'hierarchical structure', means to an end, extensions of your ego, forms of validation, placeholders, or remedies for your inner brokenness / void.

Of course, there is potential for these qualities to manifest, but not intentionally nor exclusively the reason for relations.

I don't particularly care for the stipulations, expectations, and obligations one suddently finds themselves with once they have a "friend". For me, it is entirely too restrictive & limited.

Also, I don't believe it coincides with the natural rhythms of life.

I actually question the sincerity of friendships, personal identity, and rates of maturation if one keeps the same circles for extended amounts of time.

For me, the word "friends" is steeped with divisive undertones.

I am capable of having deep meaningful experiences with human beings without nonsensical labels.

Last edited:

LiberatedLotus

Your post also reminded me of this - The Word as Spoken and Written

I appreciate the links you share with me.
They are always insightful & meaningful.

Yes, there is a substantial loss of depth of expression & complexity within modern language. Consequently, most is left to interpretation. Vague interpretations, at best. What I find rather peculiar is why certain groups of individuals who hold this knowledge use it as a power differential without the slightest degree of remorse or understanding for others. I'm sure you're well aware of how these individuals view the 'uninitiated' as "profane". As if they themselves were never in the same positions. As if knowledge bestowed upon someone has any legitimate connection to intelligence, wisdom, value, worth, etc. The logic & rationale behind it is rather intriguing. The nature of said individuals & organizations is also very interesting.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
No. I don't talk about it with many people. It has, however, got people around me interested in things beyond the phucking news paper astrology.