What would point to artistic ability (Specifically painting) in the natal chart?

Luney

Venus in Aquarius
Neptune conjunt Venus (applying)

Although they are different signs, they are still very artistic in the painting , arts.
Your need to express emotions into form., is very healing for you.
Quite introspective. You like solitude.
All the best with you art !
:happy:

Rydar

Venus in Aquarius
Neptune conjunt Venus (applying)

Although they are different signs, they are still very artistic in the painting , arts.
Your need to express emotions into form., is very healing for you.
Quite introspective. You like solitude.
All the best with you art !
:happy:

Thanks. Would the multiple planets in Aquarius like Uranus and their contacts add anything to this*

Chrysalis

Ive got mercury rx trine neptune in my chart, and i have had an interest in watercolor painting which i enjoyed, i know if i pursued this further i would get really good at it, as my beginner pieces are still really good....but i have too many hobbies, so painting has been pushed to one side for now.

Mercury trine neptune i feel gives me a delicate, light touch, which is good for fine details and painting, especially using watercolors with regards to allowing the colors to flow into each other.

Im quite good at pencil/colored drawing too, but the same thing has happened, and ive ended up not drawing for a while now.

Im also very creative, im creative in lots of things...you should see my garden at present...ive gone for a boho look this season.

waybread

I've looked at a lot of artists' charts, and they are all over the map. I concluded that the natal placements don't show so much who will or will not become a self-supporting (let alone well-known) artist, but rather, the type of artist one will become.

With Venus conjunct Neptune, you probably have a rich imagination. Mercury rules the hands, and yours makes a nice trine to Saturn, who governs self-discipline.

With the artists I know personally, they seem to have a lot of innate talent, but also they have studied art formally through a degree program at a university or art college. And they are really self-disciplined. I think they have also had the capacity to accept criticism of their work, and then to use that criticism to improve their technique.

If you think you have it in you to be a professional artist, I'd say, "Go for it." You won't know until you try.

Luney

Yes, your Stellium would be potent. All your Aquarius planets will bring your creativity along with Imagination, Beauty and Passion .
You may become impatient to see the end results. This for you will take discipline.
Knowing where the picture ends. You may be inclined to add too much detail . Big ideas for your picture may be spoiled over unnecessary add ins!
Over all, your ability to work hard will come easy.
As a student, you may have a lot of information, with little clarity. Keeping pointers , meaning to keynotes are helpful.
Knowing when to put down the brush and put your art into words could have you tongue tied.
Enjoy your journey. :smile:

Rydar

Yes, your Stellium would be potent. All your Aquarius planets will bring your creativity along with Imagination, Beauty and Passion .
You may become impatient to see the end results. This for you will take discipline.
Knowing where the picture ends. You may be inclined to add too much detail . Big ideas for your picture may be spoiled over unnecessary add ins!
Over all, your ability to work hard will come easy.
As a student, you may have a lot of information, with little clarity. Keeping pointers , meaning to keynotes are helpful.
Knowing when to put down the brush and put your art into words could have you tongue tied.
Enjoy your journey. :smile:

Thank you. Does the house the stellium resides in make anything more or less prominent?

AppLeo

Charts may signify creative/artistic types with prominent Neptune or Venus aspects.

However, painting is a skill, not something you are born with. Anyone can learn to paint the same way anyone can learn to fix a car, bake a cake, or grow a garden. etc...

Luney

Thank you. Does the house the stellium resides in make anything more or less prominent?

Yes. Using Whole House , Aquarius in your 5th house of creativity.
All your Aquarius planets will tenant.
your Sun in Capricorn in the 4th house, may indicate that painting at home is where you will find solitude to create ideas towards your work.
Both charts are good indications of interpretation. :smile:

Last edited:

Timmytwothumbs

Chart:
http://imgur.com/GWVOoyG

Artistic ability such as painting are ruled by Venus. Taurus and Libra are venus dominant and having planets there are good indications. Aquarius works with both Taurus and Libra. But the house is important too. Venus is in the 4th for you so art is not your career. It's the opposite it's about filling your home with beauty. The AC is in libra so Venus is kind of how you identify yourself. You can still be an artist in some way maybe an interior decorator. With Neptune there's always a sense of illusion and delusion as well. We can be overly pessimistic or overly optimistic because we over fantasize that area in our lives. But art thrives on fantasy. I find that connections between Venus and Pluto are good indications for artists as well.

Rydar

Artistic ability such as painting are ruled by Venus. Taurus and Libra are venus dominant and having planets there are good indications. Aquarius works with both Taurus and Libra. But the house is important too. Venus is in the 4th for you so art is not your career. It's the opposite it's about filling your home with beauty. The AC is in libra so Venus is kind of how you identify yourself. You can still be an artist in some way maybe an interior decorator. With Neptune there's always a sense of illusion and delusion as well. We can be overly pessimistic or overly optimistic because we over fantasize that area in our lives. But art thrives on fantasy. I find that connections between Venus and Pluto are good indications for artists as well.

I've never had an interest in interior design in comparison to painting though. I think an empty 10th house might leave my options open right?

aquarius7000

I've never had an interest in interior design in comparison to painting though. I think an empty 10th house might leave my options open right?

Art is more like something you would enjoy, a passion, and so it will be related to the 5th house and a strong Venus for sure. 10th house gets involved if you make it into a career. Neptune - Venus, Venus - Moon aspects can also be considered.

Rydar

Are their any artists in your family?

Yes. Most of my family are artists in some form or fashion. Specifically referencing drawing/painting, my aunt used to paint and she married a painter and their daughter is only 15 and on track to take part in a national Google art competition. So yes, it's present.

Luney

Yes. Most of my family are artists in some form or fashion. Specifically referencing drawing/painting, my aunt used to paint and she married a painter and their daughter is only 15 and on track to take part in a national Google art competition. So yes, it's present.

That would correlate with your 3rd house Aunts and cousins/. 4th house their children. house of lineage.( Family line)
.. If you were to look at “interior design” Think Murals! .with your Jupiter in your Stellium , you’ll want go big.
When significant planets progress and transits your 10th /9th house, they will trigger your natal planets.
Need to take a look at your Part of fortune.😊

Rydar

That would correlate with your 3rd house Aunts and cousins/. 4th house their children. house of lineage.( Family line)
.. If you were to look at “interior design” Think Murals! .with your Jupiter in your Stellium , you’ll want go big.
When significant planets progress and transits your 10th /9th house, they will trigger your natal planets.
Need to take a look at your Part of fortune.😊

I checked and it's in Scorpio. I would probably have to re-do my natal chart to add it in so I could see the placement.

ardentika

That's interesting. I honestly don't think this can be seen in a chart. We are creators in our very core, everyone choses a different way to create. I've always been an artist, I love performing, I used to love drawing, but not so much since I began studying that haha.
I have Saturn in Pisces in 1st.. trining my Venus scorpio.. but nothing artistic about those.
Jupiter in Sag in 9th maybe but still meh.
Neptune conj Uranus in 11/12th? Still nah.

SO yeah, I don't believe it's by sign or position :D