Will I get this social justice consulting contract?

JoZi15

Dear Community,

I have been a voracious but unguided enthusiast for years (since my divorce, incidentally!) but only recently received a mini tutorial on traditional horary study and am loving it. I still get confused with all the "extra" information I've picked up over the years, but I am getting there.

My new Horary Q: Will I get this social justice consulting contract?

A board member of an organization I consulted for a few months ago, reached out with an opportunity at her organization. From this chart, it shows what she told me:
(A) that the organization wasn't pleased with proposals from folks who initially applied and
(B) therefore new candidates (including me) were tapped to apply because of that and
she did not tell me this but it seems from the horary chart that (C) there may be the most interest in an opponent of mine, and not me.

A. MC conjunct SN; No planets applying to L10 (Saturn) i.e. no candidates made the cut when the RFP went out.
B. Moon (the Question) trapped in the intercepted 12th H does not show a recent separation but applies to Venus (L2/L7). Might this mean that more money (H2) might have been raised, possibly to increase the pool of interested applicants? And reaching out to others (H7)? I'm unclear if Moon is "helper" in addition to being the question here.
C. Moon makes no aspect to Mars (L1 - me) but squares Venus (L7). Venus is receptive (exalted in Pisces) of Moon.

Moon makes no aspect to Mars (L1) even though Mars is in triplicity in Pisces (Moon's placement) nor does Moon make an aspect to Mercury (planet in H1 conjunct the ASC). Instead, the job goes to Venus (L7), an opponent. Even though Mars and Venus are not particularly strong by sign or house. Perhaps Moon has selected the best of the bunch (Venus). Is that right?

I'm awaiting the second panel interview tomorrow before the candidates will be shared with the board next week.

Full timeline:
My colleague initially reached out to me on 4/9
I submitted a proposal on 4/17
Cast horary chart on 4/18
I got a request for an interview on 4/22
Interview #1 on 4/28
I sent some follow up information on 4/29
Request for interview #2 on 5/5
Interview #2 will be on 5/8
Board is slated to make a decision some time week of 5/11

Two questions, in addition to whether my reading is accurate: One, is Moon something more than the "question" and how could I have known that? And two, is Mercury involved in the interpretation in some way since he is close to the ASC and in H1 of the querent (me)?

Sigh. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and insights! I'm working hard to prepare for this next interview although I believe it is likely I won't get this contract. I hope something gives soon though!

And I hope that all of you and loved ones are staying safe during this uncertain time. And thank you thank you thank you :love::love::love:

Jozi

Attachments

• Horary SJ Gig.jpg
    Horary SJ Gig.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 53

Chrysalis

Using the lot of success, which is @ 4'54 Saggitarius, ruler Jupiter, in the 11th house of social justice. You mars or moon make no aspects to Jupiter, Jupiter is in fall and retrograde so very debilitated.

So I'm saying no your interview will unfortunately not be successful.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

With Merc in the 1st and sextiling Mars (you) from the 1st, I want to say that the 2nd interview went well. Merc. translated from Venus to Mars and Venus rules the 2nd- your income.

How did the 2nd interview go? Are the results there yet?

JoZi15

Hi!!!!!!!!

I got the job! :surprised::happy::happy::happy:

Right in the middle of my second interview, they said they wanted to work with me, so I guess they just told me it was an interview but they had already made up their minds and was using the time to ask if there was room to reshape the project parameters a bit and (what my 2nd House Ruler was signaling) ask for an adjusted rate that was more in their comfort zone (which I totally agreed to, given they're a social justice non-profit organization and not some big corporation or municipal government contract AND I had just suffered a few losses with existing contracts during this Corona Virus crisis)!

It was a total surprise. Especially because I had read my chart all wrong -- obviously. Thank you thank you thank you!

So, Aquarius 7000, do I include Mercury as a co-signifier because he's, not only in my 1st house, but conjunct the ASC? I love you Mercury translator!!!

Another thing. I had a consulting contract with the City that was put on hold because of corona that is a really mainstream environment for me. The job that I got recruited for and got turned down for after four rounds of interviews was obviously for an organization that wanted to go in a different direction (as evidenced by who they selected over me) so it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get it. And this contract that I did get is actually perfect for me, they recognize, not only my talents, but my approach and we are really a great fit for each other.

I'm ecstatic all around and am impressed again and again how horary can show all that is going on around a situation.

Thanks again, Community!

Still learning,
Jozi :love::love::love:

JoZi15

Using the lot of success, which is @ 4'54 Saggitarius, ruler Jupiter, in the 11th house of social justice. You mars or moon make no aspects to Jupiter, Jupiter is in fall and retrograde so very debilitated.

So I'm saying no your interview will unfortunately not be successful.

Oh...so sometimes you can use Lots! That's interesting :smile:

JoZi15

Hi,

With Merc in the 1st and sextiling Mars (you) from the 1st, I want to say that the 2nd interview went well. Merc. translated from Venus to Mars and Venus rules the 2nd- your income.

How did the 2nd interview go? Are the results there yet?

This is awesome. Thank you, Aquarius7000!

Now, could you tell from the chart that the connection to Venus (L2) was about asking me to give them a "social justice" discount and not that I was going to get all the money?

And how did you know it was about L2 and not about L7 (the other candidate) getting the contract? Which, now, I'm wondering if maybe there wasn't another candidate at all...

Thank you, Aquarius7000 :love:

JoZi15

guys

Why no one noticed TOL from mars to saturn through merc?

T

OH!

I did not really know how to do TOL so thank you for this clear example! I have a question. Does it matter though that Mercury in Aries is rejected by Saturn (fall)?

thank you, Tikana!!!

tikana

OH!

I did not really know how to do TOL so thank you for this clear example! I have a question. Does it matter though that Mercury in Aries is rejected by Saturn (fall)?

thank you, Tikana!!!

naw... it is a clean tol .. because you have one planet receving merc

someone (meaning a planet) will always complain or ignore :happy:

JoZi15

naw... it is a clean tol .. because you have one planet receving merc

someone (meaning a planet) will always complain or ignore :happy:

LOL! Thank you :wink: I did read that reception need only be one way for it to count! Thank you, this is so helpful.

aquarius7000

...And how did you know it was about L2 and not about L7 (the other candidate) getting the contract?...
Venus sits in your 2nd house (as does POF), and you are asking the Q. Good luck and let us know the results.

PS: btw, by "no one" noticed sat-merc, Tikana meant me, not you:biggrin:

JoZi15

Venus sits in your 2nd house (as does POF), and you are asking the Q. Good luck and let us know the results.

PS: btw, by "no one" noticed sat-merc, Tikana meant me, not you:biggrin:

I GOT THE CONTRACT!!! I posted earlier right before I responded to you. The "2nd interview" was actually used by them to negotiate a modified scope of work and a lower fee with me so they told me in the middle of the interview that I got it!

Now, do you think it's interesting that POF would be "protecting" my 2nd H even though I won the contract with a lower fee? Not that I am not grateful no matter what, especially in these corona times.

Thank you again, Aquarius7000!

aquarius7000

I GOT THE CONTRACT!!! I posted earlier right before I responded to you. The "2nd interview" was actually used by them to negotiate a modified scope of work and a lower fee with me so they told me in the middle of the interview that I got it!

Now, do you think it's interesting that POF would be "protecting" my 2nd H even though I won the contract with a lower fee? Not that I am not grateful no matter what, especially in these corona times.

Thank you again, Aquarius7000!
Oh Cool:happy:... I hope you will like it out there. How many days do they let you wfh? Well try to stick on as long as you can.

JoZi15

Oh Cool:happy:... I hope you will like it out there. How many days do they let you wfh? Well try to stick on as long as you can.

It's strategic planning over six months and the hours will vary depending on the phase, which is what I'm used to — all from home. I'm excited that I know two of the senior staff and some of the board of directors too — the organization's mission is in alignment with my own. Feeling very, very fortunate :happy:

Thank you, again!!! :love:

Last edited:

rafaella

Mercury is translating from Venus to Mars, no aspects with Saturn here. But this was interview-3rd house is standing out here. Moon in 12th, suggests something hidden, something unknown coming into play. I always see Moon in 12th when something happens that querent is unaware of. Also antiscia of moon conjunct spica in libra, which is auspicious. Not a very clear chart for success however, with Mer, Venus, Mars there is progress seen. What was the question when you asked this horary? Diid you ask if you would progress forward? Because this is an old chart

JoZi15

Mercury is translating from Venus to Mars, no aspects with Saturn here. But this was interview-3rd house is standing out here. Moon in 12th, suggests something hidden, something unknown coming into play. I always see Moon in 12th when something happens that querent is unaware of. Also antiscia of moon conjunct spica in libra, which is auspicious. Not a very clear chart for success however, with Mer, Venus, Mars there is progress seen. What was the question when you asked this horary? Diid you ask if you would progress forward? Because this is an old chart

Oh, interesting, Rafaella!

I asked if I would get the contract. Period.

When I read the chart, I was devastated because it looked to me as though I would not get it.

At the time I cast the chart, I was told there would be a panel interview and then a decision would be made. So I don't think anyone knew there was going to be a second interview at all.

I cast the chart on April 18th, the day after I submitted my proposal to them, before any interviews had taken place at all. And it was right before I found out I was turned down for another job after getting through the fourth round of interviews!

Could this chart only be for the first interview, even though I didn't know there'd be another interview at the time I asked the question? And if so, should I have cast another chart when I was asked for a second interview?

3rd House is contracts, right? I'm signing the contract on Thursday.

Venus (L2 and L7) on the 3rd H cusp. In Gemini, not happy to be there, nor being cadent. Moon next applies to Venus. But as you said, Venus is received by Merc, which is received by Mars. But none of that makes it to Saturn. Which is now RX. I still don't know what any of that means!

The other thing might be this is signaling that this will be a difficult project? I just found out that the staff began unionizing at this wonderful social justice organization (which is usually something that typically happens with employees who are dissatisfied with their workplace, such as profit driven, impersonal corporations). Although management was very forthcoming and open to concerns, it can be a signal of significant internal turmoil.

I wonder if any of those things might lead to the much larger issues that you are seeing, Rafaella?

And how would you resolve the Moon in the 12th and also the conjunction with spica? Perhaps Merc-Venus-Mars shows that I persevere through a lot of ****? Yes, I do....

Last edited: