Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 05-01-2017, 06:40 PM

Jupiter in 5th hosue transit

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever experienced Jupiter transiting their 5th house?

If yes, have you met someone significant? If interested in the arts, has your career taken off?

What was your experience?

Many thanks!

Unread 05-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Re: Jupiter in 5th hosue transit

I'm experiencing this right now. Gotta be honest: not much is happening. No dating (or at least no very significant ones). No love. I do feel a lot happier than I did last year though, more social, and I have been feeling very creative: writing a lot, doing a lot of artwork... haven't gotten anything published (yet ) Did make money on some art tho.

Who knows? Maybe there will be love by the time this transit's over. Maybe when it conjuncts my Sun. 5th house Jupiter, 7th house Saturn, I feel like there should be, but then again, can transits change outer circumstances? I'm ugly.
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
LostinPhilly (05-01-2017)
Unread 05-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

All, I have moved this thread from the traditional forum since it seemed to be a more "general" query about transits, something traditional astrologers rarely look at.

Tamara
Unread 05-07-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Hi everyone,

If yes, have you met someone significant? If interested in the arts, has your career taken off?

Many thanks!
very often it is a time when a woman becomes pregnant. It can also mean travel for fun and a vacation. You may take up recreational activities and develop a belief system to live by as an interest. You may meet a foreign lover or someone met when travelling or studying higher subjects.

Career would be 10th house rather. Depending on the aspects that Jupiter is making by transit and also natally.
LostinPhilly (05-07-2017)
Unread 05-07-2017, 09:39 AM

Thank you

Well, I don't even have a boyfriend, so the likelihood of any pregnancy happening is close to zero. Even if I did, this is not in my plans for a long time.

I'm really hoping I'm going to meet someone though.

I know career is 10th house, but 5th house also rules creativity and arts. Hence, my question.

We'll see. I will have Jupiter transiting my sign also at the same time (I'm Scorpio Sun, Pluto, Mercury and Venus). We'll see what happens.

Last edited by LostinPhilly; 05-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Unread 05-07-2017, 08:46 PM

Jupiter orbits the sun every 12 years, so anyone over the age of 12 will have at least one Jupiter transit through the 5th house.

You might take a look at the Astrodienst ephemeris, and see when Jupiter last transited your 5th house, and what happened then.

I've not associated Jupiter with any amazingly good luck, myself. It should be a pleasant enough transit, but then if you've got Saturn squaring your sun or some such at the same time, you might not feel it.

In addition to children, the 5th house rules recreation and leisure activities. So this should be a good time for a new (or renewed) hobby or sport.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ashriia (05-29-2017)
Unread 05-08-2017, 04:33 PM

The last time Jupiter transited my 5th house, I was much younger, so love wasn't exactly involved.

I remember being passionately in love with singing at the time. I was obsessed with my Youtube channel at the time. It was doing well. However, I grew out of it once it left my 5th house.

I didn't even have a single crush that year.

However, now being an adult, I cannot compare this former transit to the new one because the logistics are different. I seriously hope to find love, because my Youtube days are over.
Unread 05-09-2017, 05:11 AM

So do you want 5th house love or 7th house love?

Because the 5th house rules leisure activities that we do for fun, the kind of love it confers are short-term flings, sex-for-fun, flirting, &c. The 7th house rules committed relationships.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ashriia (05-29-2017)
Unread 05-29-2017, 06:03 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
All, I have moved this thread from the traditional forum since it seemed to be a more "general" query about transits, something traditional astrologers rarely look at.

Tamara
I moved this thread again because transits are predictive astrology, not natal astrology. Apologies to the OP and other posters for the constant moves!
Unread 05-29-2017, 06:11 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Regarding the original question, I don't think it's out of the question to find a 7th house love during a 5th house transit. It depends on what aspects that 5th house transit is making, and what other transits are going on at the same time, and on your situation, too. If you're ready for 7th house love, that's the first step in finding it.

I'm looking at transits for the last time I had a long term relationship start. Jupiter was in my fifth house then--as was Saturn. Saturn was squaring my sun. Jupiter was sitting right on my natal Mars and in opposition with transiting Mars.

I've had someone tell me on here that the Jupiter/Mars transits would've been a factor in finding passion, but it took Saturn's involvement to make it something long term, not just a passing fancy. Houses may be less important here than the planets involved, although if something is transiting an angle, that's important.

Given the current positions of Saturn and Jupiter, if Jupiter is transiting your fifth house, Saturn must be in or near your seventh. That could spell something long term, if you meet someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
ChildOfVenus (12-08-2019), serafin5 (12-30-2018)
Unread 05-29-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Regarding the original question, I don't think it's out of the question to find a 7th house love during a 5th house transit. It depends on what aspects that 5th house transit is making, and what other transits are going on at the same time, and on your situation, too. If you're ready for 7th house love, that's the first step in finding it.

I'm looking at transits for the last time I had a long term relationship start. Jupiter was in my fifth house then--as was Saturn. Saturn was squaring my sun. Jupiter was sitting right on my natal Mars and in opposition with transiting Mars.

I've had someone tell me on here that the Jupiter/Mars transits would've been a factor in finding passion, but it took Saturn's involvement to make it something long term, not just a passing fancy. Houses may be less important here than the planets involved, although if something is transiting an angle, that's important.

Given the current positions of Saturn and Jupiter, if Jupiter is transiting your fifth house, Saturn must be in or near your seventh. That could spell something long term, if you meet someone.

Thank you for this, Osamenor!

Saturn is currently transiting my 6th house. My return is set for March 2019. It will be transiting my 7th house at that stage (I have natal Saturn in the 7th).

To be fair, I have lately found myself wanting a true long-term partnership that could lead to marriage. I was never inclined towards the idea of marriage before. However, for the past 6 months or so, I have been wanting to meet someone who will remain in my life for a while.
Unread 05-29-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:

I'm having this transit currently. The last time I experienced this transit I did meet someone very significant, the relationship was short term but changed me forever. I was also super creative and sketching and painting daily. Probably one of the best times of my adult life.

However, this time around, I'm not interested in relationships since I'm focused on some other goals, so I don't plan on meeting someone. Haven't been creative in the same way. But I'm enjoying my leisure time quite a bit with other fun things and changes from my domestic set up.

I think if you are actively dating or looking to date, things should be quite enjoyable in the romance dept.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashriia For This Useful Post:
Tandy (12-30-2018)
Unread 05-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Saturn is currently transiting my 6th house. My return is set for March 2019. It will be transiting my 7th house at that stage (I have natal Saturn in the 7th).
And what else is Saturn doing right now? Is it transiting or aspecting any of your personal planets? Is Jupiter?

Planetary transits are probably even more important than which houses are being transited. The house placements suggest which area of your life is most strongly affected, but wherever your planets fall, that area of your life is going to be stimulated on a regular basis, because any transit or transiting aspect to your natal planets hits that house.

Perhaps it would be helpful to post your chart with transits.
Unread 05-29-2017, 07:02 PM

Thank you, Osamenor.

Indeed. I agree.

I'm not 100% sure how to interpret transits, hence my restricted overview solely focusing on houses transits.

I was told Saturn in the natal 7th houses causes delays, so I was hoping for Jupiter in the 5th and Jupiter in Scorpio to help me out a bit. I cannot say my dating life has been successful.

My current transits are as follows:

upload picture

Last edited by LostinPhilly; 05-29-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 05-29-2017, 07:11 PM

Ist time Jupiter transited my 5th - family moved from city to suburbs. - positive
2nd time: very sad love affair which ended with no closure - negative-and later in that same return:
entered hairdressing school which would allow me to make a living for 20 years, positive.
4th time; very active love life, saw many Rock concerts.
5th time: separated for a year from 2nd husband, very "lost" and working in a new field which I liked but paid poorly.
6th time: one year into reuniting with 2nd husband.

I didn't get married or get pregnant with Jupiter in my 5th.
Didn't move house while Jupiter was in my 5th.

Began studying astrology with Jupiter in 2nd. Began studying with teachers with Jupiter in 6th.

It's important to note that I have NO planets in the 5th. So when Jupiter was transit my 5th it made no conjunctions.

Many more events happened in my life when heavy planets were in my 7th-10th houses where all my planets are.

For instance I have 3 planets in my 7th....I had my children with Jupiter in 7th.

My mother died when Jupiter transited my 2nd house. Father died with my Jupiter in my 6th.

So the house Jupiter transits means less than the aspects it makes DURING the transit.

LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 05-29-2017, 07:21 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

You didn't post your natal chart, LostinPhilly. That's a horary chart. We need your natal to see your transits.
Unread 05-29-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
You didn't post your natal chart, LostinPhilly. That's a horary chart. We need your natal to see your transits.
Whoops. Sorry about that. I have amended it.

Thank you for pointing this out.
Unread 05-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

I see some good astrological reasons why you're ready for love. You just had a Mars return, and Jupiter is squaring your AC/DC. Those kinds of transits--returns or hard angle transits--tend to trigger some desire for something new. Mars is passion; Jupiter is expansion... if you're without a relationship, that combination of Mars and Jupiter transits could easily bring about a strong desire for one. (If you were already in a relationship, or simply didn't feel a relationship was important, that passion/expansion desire might be for something else.)

Saturn, meanwhile, is in opposition to your moon, and, since it's retrograde, is going to pass that point again later this year, after it goes direct. So Saturn is involved in your life right now. And since your moon rules your AC, it has a lot of say in your life overall. I would take that to mean that this is a good time for new choices to lead to something long term. That could mean a new relationship, and it could also play out in a different way. You could, for example, take up a new hobby and find that it becomes a long-lasting and passionate interest, leads to a new career, some such thing.

I can't say with certainty that you will enter a long term relationship some time soon, because hard and fast predictions like that are not really possible. I can say that if you start a new relationship under these transits, the chances of it being meaningful and committed are up.

Saturn/moon opposition might also indicate issues coming up regarding your family, home, ancestry, sense of security, and/or deep emotional life. If any of that is up for you, it's a sign to put in some work and deal with those issues. Possibly, those kinds of issues are standing in the way of you having a good and lasting relationship (although only you know if that's the case).

Last edited by Osamenor; 05-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
LostinPhilly (06-12-2017)
Unread 06-07-2017, 08:21 PM

Next year (or late this year) you will fall in love (maybe more than once or with more than one person) and most likely get engaged to be married. If that person is "real" you will also get married within 2 years.
Jupiter into Scorpio, Saturn into Capricorn, Uranus into Taurus all coming up within a year or less.
Make sure the person you choose can afford to be married and begin a family.
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
The Following User Says Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
LostinPhilly (06-14-2017)
Unread 06-12-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Next year (or late this year) you will fall in love (maybe more than once or with more than one person) and most likely get engaged to be married. If that person is "real" you will also get married within 2 years.
Jupiter into Scorpio, Saturn into Capricorn, Uranus into Taurus all coming up within a year or less.
LIN
Thank you very much for this, LIN! I greatly appreciate it

Does the chart show whether I will marry someone around my age? From a different culture?

Does it indicate anything about this "future" husband? Does it look like reciprocated "true love"?

Also, does the chart indicate something about them not being financially secure? I'm asking because I'm curious about your last sentence.

Last edited by LostinPhilly; 06-12-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Unread 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
LIN
Hi LIN,

I just wanted to wait until the end of last year & this year to give you an update as your post dates back to June 2017.

Unfortunately, I have not met anyone nor have I been asked out (well, once in July 2017 by a coworker, but I declined). I've been more single than ever and I'm unfortunately not in love with anyone.

I guess those transits just didn't work for me, which is OK. Another year of being single. I'm not hoping for much for next year as I can already foresee I will still be single at this time next year. I presume marriage & love within the 2 year time frame predicted are not supposed to happen.

Thank you again for your help on this matter
Unread 12-30-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Hi LIN,
I just wanted to wait until the end of last year & this year to give you an update as your post dates back to June 2017.
Unfortunately, I have not met anyone nor have I been asked out (well, once in July 2017 by a coworker, but I declined). I've been more single than ever and I'm unfortunately not in love with anyone.
I guess those transits just didn't work for me, which is OK. Another year of being single. I'm not hoping for much for next year as I can already foresee I will still be single at this time next year. I presume marriage & love within the 2 year time frame predicted are not supposed to happen.
Thank you again for your help on this matter
often members are mystified when transits pass without any apparent effect
however
it is important
to keep in mind that
nothing supercedes the promise of the natal chart

and also

PROFECTIONS enable more realistic assessment of transits

and so
For those who have often wondered how to delineate Profections
The following video by Chris Brennan
illustrates how to apply Vettius Valens Time Lord Technique known as PROFECTION
to any natal chart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBwf...ature=youtu.be

There are a number of sources for this material
- we are fortunate
we have Vettius Valens entire Anthology available free online
in the form of a pdf translation by Professor Riley of CSU at http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Vettius Valens discusses profections in Book IV (4) of his Anthology
which begins on page 71 of Professor Riley's free online translation.

Valens and other ancient astrologers did not use software but produced their own calculations
and were master mathematicians as well as astronomers
Today, software simplifies the procedures for us
and there are free programs that calculate profections.
for example
http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/free-traditional-astrology-software-morinus/

also

Curtis Manwaring Hellenistic Astrology software http://www.astrology-x-files.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 12-30-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

My 2nd Jupiter return was in the 5th, my interest in new art mediums opened up.
I hardly ever have noticed but I think it brings optimism. Once I lived in a very bad neighborhood and I hated it but during a Jupiter transit of 3rd house, I got to know some neat neighbors and it change my attitude and felt more comfortable, but also there was a lot of bad things that happened in that neighborhood that year - more than usual, but I see that is why it brought neighbors together.
Unread 12-30-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
often members are mystified when transits pass without any apparent effect
however
it is important
to keep in mind that
nothing supercedes the promise of the natal chart ]
So are you saying that if natal chart is not supporting love relationship actualising there never be one? Nonetheless Solar return etc is pointing in that direction?

Well Im ******* then
The Following User Says Thank You to HeartTree For This Useful Post:
serafin5 (12-30-2018)
Unread 12-30-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartTree View Post
So are you saying that if natal chart is not supporting love relationship actualising there never be one? Nonetheless Solar return etc is pointing in that direction?

Well Im ******* then
Lol, no!!!!! You have to look at both but the Natal chart comes first and foremost. Factor in transits, and me I use Googlesiah, my lord and savior (for interpretation that is ) and go from there!

Serafin5

Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook

Tags
hosue, jupiter, transit