Sun-Pluto aspect

The_Saturnian

Well, it's not really the physical distance but more of emotional. I am not as open to my family than to my friends. My siblings find it easy to share details about their lives to the family, whereas I do not.

I do have bouts of anger and frustration but not hatred.

I suppose the emotional distancing is due to the fact that this conglomerate has formed in Scorpio (water - emotions). So yes this does fit the bill. When you think about your anger, would you say it could pass as being enough to scare the wits out of others or does it subside quickly?

Solstice

I don't get angry easily but when I do, it's often world war III lol. I sometimes become violent but I suppress it as much as possible. Mars-Pluto with my Sun does indicate a violent streak, if not controlled. The trine of those 3 to my moon must soften it somehow at least.

I can be angry at a person for weeks, depending on the severity of the feud. If it's just the petty stuff, it subsides quickly or I don't get angry at all, just annoyed.

Solstice

It will be easier if we have your natal chart. It will show us more details.

I attached a thumbnail of it.

Attachments

• jhtppc.jpg.jpg
    jhtppc.jpg.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 56

SunW

I attached a thumbnail of it.

OK I still think that there might be something in your father's family that you don't know about. The Sun, Pluto and Mars together in Scorpio in the 5th house. This might be some kind of violence. Have you ever asked your relatives on your father's side about such events?

Yes, there are indications for such events in your mother's lineage too, because you Pluto has an aspect with the Moon.

Your Venus is in the 4th house and has some interesting aspects. I wonder if somewhere in your family, probably on your father's side, there was a nun or some peculiar love story. Did everyone marry for the person they wanted to marry?

Solstice

I'm not sure about other stuff related to my dad because I'm not really familiar with the darker details of his family. I'm not sure too if they married the people they wanted to marry. However, I'm pretty sure my dad did.

Regarding the 4th house, my dad told me a 'legend' that was passed on to them by their ancestors. He said that my great-great grandma was raped by a Spanish priest (our country was once a Spanish colony).

What are the indicators of all of the above mentioned on my chart? It really is interesting how you picked up on that. :)

SunW

I'm not sure about other stuff related to my dad because I'm not really familiar with the darker details of his family. I'm not sure too if they married the people they wanted to marry. However, I'm pretty sure my dad did.

Regarding the 4th house, my dad told me a 'legend' that was passed on to them by their ancestors. He said that my great-great grandma was raped by a Spanish priest (our country was once a Spanish colony).

What are the indicators of all of the above mentioned on my chart? It really is interesting how you picked up on that. :)

Your Venus is in the 4th house which very often is the house of the father. But think of the entire lineage.

Venus has a square to Neptune and Uranus. Neptune is about religion, hermits. Uranus is coldness, thought. But these planets are connected with family karma because they are outer planets. What karma could there be back in the family history when Venus has an aspect to Neptune? Probably Venus has suffered because of some Neptunian thing. What could it be? Since there are two outer planets in aspect to Venus, I think that this definitely means family karma about this planet.

Venus rules the 12th house which is a house of family karma. It is in a watery house which means family karma. Usually the planets or their signs in the 12th house indicate something that someone from the family wanted but didn't make. In this case, those who have this position, has the task to achieve what his/her reative couldn't achieve.

Probably one of your parents has Venus or her sign in the first house. Althouth, it might be Mercury or one of Mercury's sings in the first house. Probably this is your father. Is that so?

The_Saturnian

I don't get angry easily but when I do, it's often world war III lol. I sometimes become violent but I suppress it as much as possible. Mars-Pluto with my Sun does indicate a violent streak, if not controlled. The trine of those 3 to my moon must soften it somehow at least.

I can be angry at a person for weeks, depending on the severity of the feud. If it's just the petty stuff, it subsides quickly or I don't get angry at all, just annoyed.

Yep that combo is definitely powerful especially with the violent streaks you mention. Most probably it is the trine from the Moon. Furthermore, this tight conjunction does take place in Scorpio (water sign) it too probably attributes to the cooling down.

Last edited:

Solstice

Your Venus is in the 4th house which very often is the house of the father. But think of the entire lineage.

Venus has a square to Neptune and Uranus. Neptune is about religion, hermits. Uranus is coldness, thought. But these planets are connected with family karma because they are outer planets. What karma could there be back in the family history when Venus has an aspect to Neptune? Probably Venus has suffered because of some Neptunian thing. What could it be? Since there are two outer planets in aspect to Venus, I think that this definitely means family karma about this planet.

Venus rules the 12th house which is a house of family karma. It is in a watery house which means family karma. Usually the planets or their signs in the 12th house indicate something that someone from the family wanted but didn't make. In this case, those who have this position, has the task to achieve what his/her reative couldn't achieve.

Probably one of your parents has Venus or her sign in the first house. Althouth, it might be Mercury or one of Mercury's sings in the first house. Probably this is your father. Is that so?

The 4th house is the house of the father? I thought is was the 10th. :)

I asked my father and you were right, we came from an ancestry of Spanish friars. During the colonization, it was said that my great-great grandmother was raped by a Spanish friar. So, there's the religion Karma.

Also, on my mother's side, my uncle is a priest, and my aunt and grandmother (maternal grandma's sister) are nuns.

Both my parents have mercury in the 1st. My mom has an exalted venus in pisces, dad has venus in Leo.

Solstice

Yep that combo is definitely powerful especially with the violent streaks you mention. Most probably it is the trine from the Moon. Furthermore, this tight conjunction does take place in Scorpio (water sign) it too probably attributes to the cooling down.

Yes, that could most probably be a reason. :) Thank you!

SunW

The 4th house is the house of the father? I thought is was the 10th. :)

Liz Greene writes that the 10th house often happens to relate to the mother and the 4th house is related to the father. I've checked this and it is right.

Although, I always check first. It might be the opposite.

SunW

Both my parents have mercury in the 1st.

Probably one of your parents had some talent, expextations, desires, connected with one of the things that Mecrury rules but they never achieved it or never developed this talent. And now, you have this talent or you make something that one of them wanted but didn't make and this is an activity or talent by Mercury. Is that so?

Solstice

Probably one of your parents had some talent, expextations, desires, connected with one of the things that Mecrury rules but they never achieved it or never developed this talent. And now, you have this talent or you make something that one of them wanted but didn't make and this is an activity or talent by Mercury. Is that so?

I'm not entirely sure about what their talents might be. My mother has an Aries mercury, ruling the 3rd and 6th houses. My dad has a Taurus mercury ruling the 2nd and 5th houses. I have a Sagittarius mercury, which is my chart ruler and IC ruler.

The_Saturnian

Liz Greene writes that the 10th house often happens to relate to the mother and the 4th house is related to the father. I've checked this and it is right.

Although, I always check first. It might be the opposite.

What book did she write this in? My 5th house appears to be more accurate with me. I have Pluto in Scorpio 2 degrees in the 5th house (house of the Sun) squaring Sun (father) in Leo at 4 degrees. I've labelled my relationship with my father as an unstable radioactive isotope. :tongue: We don't really get on at all, and end up arguing about a great many things.

Some astrologers say that if the Moon represents our mother, than the Sun represents our father. Thus 4th house is related to the mother and/or parents in general and the 5th represents our connection to our father. That is what I've read and come to understand.

SunW

What book did she write this in? My 5th house appears to be more accurate with me. I have Pluto in Scorpio 2 degrees in the 5th house (house of the Sun) squaring Sun (father) in Leo at 4 degrees. I've labelled my relationship with my father as an unstable radioactive isotope. :tongue: We don't really get on at all, and end up arguing about a great many things.

Some astrologers say that if the Moon represents our mother, than the Sun represents our father. Thus 4th house is related to the mother and/or parents in general and the 5th represents our connection to our father. That is what I've read and come to understand.

Yes, I know the same thing. But I've also read Liz Greene and I've chechked it and it seems to be right. She writes about it in her book "Relating."
I agree with you that the 5th house shows some things about father. But the 4th house represents that, too. You have an aspect between the Sun and Pluto. But the Sun represents the father, so it doesn't matter where these planets are. The fact that your Pluto is in the 5th house only makes it more clear that there is a strong Plutonian influence in your father and his family.

The_Saturnian

Yes, I know the same thing. But I've also read Liz Greene and I've chechked it and it seems to be right. She writes about it in her book "Relating."
I agree with you that the 5th house shows some things about father. But the 4th house represents that, too. You have an aspect between the Sun and Pluto. But the Sun represents the father, so it doesn't matter where these planets are. The fact that your Pluto is in the 5th house only makes it more clear that there is a strong Plutonian influence in your father and his family.

I'll have to add that book to my wish list of books. I can't deny that she is right to a certain extent, because the majority of us agree that 4th house matters are associated with home/parents. You make mention in a previous post that she proclaims that the 10th house represents the native's connection to their mother. Doesn't the 10th reflect how we behave/portray ourselves to the outside world?

Last edited:

SunW

You make mention in a previous post that she proclaims that the 10th house represents the native's connection to their mother. Doesn't the 10th reflect how we behave/portray ourselves to the outside world?

Yes, Liz Greene doesn't deny that. I think that she makes some connection between the native's mother and how we behave in the outside world but I don't remember in which of her books she writes about it.

By the way Sasportas, just like Liz Greene also says that the 4th house is the house of father and the 10th is of mother. But I don't remember where I've read it. He even gives an example with a person who has, I think, Pisces in the 4th house and the native's father is an alcoholic who likes fishing.

The_Saturnian

Yes, Liz Greene doesn't deny that. I think that she makes some connection between the native's mother and how we behave in the outside world but I don't remember in which of her books she writes about it.

By the way Sasportas, just like Liz Greene also says that the 4th house is the house of father and the 10th is of mother. But I don't remember where I've read it. He even gives an example with a person who has, I think, Pisces in the 4th house and the native's father is an alcoholic who likes fishing.

In that case I have to get some material from both Sasportas and Liz Greene. I'd like to read Liz Greene's material next after I've finished reading my current book. Once I've read it in detail I can judge for myself which is more accurate, 4th-10th or 4th-5th. The example you make reference to above, does support (if not prove) that the 4th house is associated with the father. Intoxication and fishing both associates of Pisces. Hmmm very interesting indeed.

Solstice

Ah, now that I thought about it, yes it is true. My mom has a literary talent, she wanted to be a journalist. But then circumstances changed and she became an accountant instead. I think I inherited her talent, along with her love of reading.

However, I am not in the field where I can nuture these talents myself. Though, I am still trying to develop it by having reading and writing as my hobbies.

Also, about the 4th/5th house theory, I think it may quite be true. The 5th house is also the house of creativity, right? I have Pluto, sun and mars there conjunct. Back in my childhood, my father was the one who pushed me to venture into creative activities-- acting, theater, singing.

I have my moon in the 9th conjunct MC and rules the 2nd house. My mother was the helped me find a benefactor for my college education and now currently has a large influence on my career.

Having said all that, I think there is some accuracy to it.

Last edited:

lazarusx

I thought i would comment here, the bottom quotation caught my intrest. I have a Sun Trine Pluto.

Probably the father or another person from the father's lineage has something to do with police, military, psychology, the secret service. Most probably, in the lineage of the father, there are events connected with murder, major crimes and other events where some crime or something else was the cause of death or great suffering for the relatives of the native.
Also, the father might have a bad relationship with his family and the family migth be angry with him.

My dad was part of the British S.A.S and the Australian Military. Im uncertain about his relationship with his family.. his father died while he was young, and he is the only member of the family who moved oversea's to live abroad.

What is your relationship with your father or even with your grandfather (the father of your father) if you have such an aspect? And what was the relationship of your father with his own father?

My relationship with my father is 'disconnected'. He always worked away while i was growing up, we got along.. but our conversations are usually strictly business/work/career/money. It never really extends beyond that, maybe occasionally but not often..

I have more respect for him now that im older, and i feel i can relate to him a little more then when i was a child. But there isn't a huge bond between us..

Since my father's father died while he was young, im not sure of the relationship between them..

Was there any manipulation or were there any dominance issues with your father or probably he used to have such problems in his family?

Nope. He is very passive.. my mother would often take on the role of boss while i was growing up, my father would more or less let me do my own thing but i always had to use my own money, and take responsibility for myself.