Do you see placements that suggest this is the birth chart of a legendary singer?

MoonlightSonata

This woman is a living legend. She's sold millions of albums, won a ton of awards, is praised by her contemporaries and has influenced other legendary singers who have come after her.

But as you can see, her second house (voice) is empty. Her Mercury is retrograde and in its fall in the house of creativity. And although her Venus is at home in Taurus, it's in the 6th house and shares no aspects with Jupiter - the ruler of her second house.

The only "this person might be a singer" placement that stands out to me is Jupiter ruling her second house. It suggests she has a big voice. But Jupiter ruling the second house doesn't necessarily mean she has a big beautiful voice, although she does.

waybread

Venus in Taurus is supposedly good for a singer, because Venus is domiciled and Taurus-- in addition to the 2nd house-- rules the throat.

Mercury is the traditional ruler of money, and is the tip of a yod; so something she is likely to develop. I note that Albert Einstein's Mercury was poorly placed ( in Aries conjunct Saturn) so I am not convinced a poorly placed Mercury is necessarily weak.

Assuming the birth time is accurate, someone with Pluto conjunct MC will work very hard, almost ruthlessly so, to advance her career.

In the case of artists of varying sorts, I don't know that the chart is always a clear indicator of the type of artistry they practice, but how they go about it.

A Cancer moon is capable of great feelings. The cluster of planets around the DC suggests that committed relationships are a major theme.

Last edited:

waybread

I just did a quick look at this chart in whole signs. Bingo. I find sometimes that if a chart doesn't explain a celebrity very well, try changing the house system. Placidus is not a one size fits all.

Her Venus-Mars move into the angular 7th. Mercury moves into the 5th house-- of the entertainment industry.

BTW, Saturn and the sun are exalted. Jupiter is in its own terms. Venus is the major dispositor.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

I agree with the point you are making, yet it is an amazing chart. The Mars-Venus opposite saturn-Neptune in 12 is something else. Certainly suggests a strong capability to sense and wield emotional influence (Pluto and SN at mid heaven, cancer moon, Pisces mercury in 5).

She really emotes when she sings. I believe the stories she tells through song.

MoonlightSonata

Venus in Taurus is supposedly good for a singer, because Venus is domiciled and Taurus-- in addition to the 2nd house-- rules the throat.

Mercury is the traditional ruler of money, and is the tip of a yod; so something she is likely to develop. I note that Albert Einstein's Mercury was poorly placed ( in Aries conjunct Saturn) so I am not convinced a poorly placed Mercury is necessarily weak.

Assuming the birth time is accurate, someone with Pluto conjunct MC will work very hard, almost ruthlessly so, to advance her career.

In the case of artists of varying sorts, I don't know that the chart is always a clear indicator of the type of artistry they practice, but how they go about it.

A Cancer moon is capable of great feelings. The cluster of planets around the DC suggests that committed relationships are a major theme.

You're right. I tend to stick to the Placidus house system due to preference so much so that it didn't dawn on me to use another one.

I'll be able to spread my wings more as I learn more.

And it's interesting you should mention her yod and the possibility of her developing her voice because she did. She was compared to another legendary vocalist when she made her debut, but she created her own imitable style.

waybread

So when do we get the "reveal"?

Incidentally it is pretty easy to reconstruct a birth date through checking an ephemeris against planetary positions. Just start with Pluto and Neptune, and work your way back. Once you've got the birth date, you can check out the Astro-DataBank at Astrodienst for names. Or Google celebrity birthdays.

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

So when do we get the "reveal"?

Incidentally it is pretty easy to reconstruct a birth date through checking an ephemeris against planetary positions. Just start with Pluto and Neptune, and work your way back. Once you've got the birth date, you can check out the Astro-DataBank at Astrodienst for names. Or Google celebrity birthdays.

It's Chaka Khan, who was dubbed "Baby Aretha" when she hit the scene. And it's interesting (at least it is to me) that they share(d) the same rising and sun sign and other astrological similarities.

For instance, I noticed that Aretha Franklin's second house was also empty. And her Mercury was also in its fall.

4everchanging

I was drawn to this thread, even though it's quite old, because I am currently reading the chart of a famous worldwide singer.

From Chakas chart what stands out to me are 10h ruler in the 5h. Pluto conjunct MC in Leo, says to me massive stardom - the link I would make with the singer is Jupiter in Taurus, big voice but the fact it's in the 7h, was chaka led into singing my a close friend or associate? Did someone close to her recognise her talent & push her to go for it.

The singers chart I'm studying has strong 3h in Leo and links with Taurus & Jupiter & Venus. 3h is an entertainer, 5h stardom, Taurus/venus the voice?

Intriguing

4everchanging

So curiosity got better of me with the 7th house and hey presto

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215-221530_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215-221530_Google.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 11

IleneK

Premium Member
This woman is a living legend. She's sold millions of albums, won a ton of awards, is praised by her contemporaries and has influenced other legendary singers who have come after her.

But as you can see, her second house (voice) is empty. Her Mercury is retrograde and in its fall in the house of creativity. And although her Venus is at home in Taurus, it's in the 6th house and shares no aspects with Jupiter - the ruler of her second house.

The only "this person might be a singer" placement that stands out to me is Jupiter ruling her second house. It suggests she has a big voice. But Jupiter ruling the second house doesn't necessarily mean she has a big beautiful voice, although she does.
I think the three planets in Taurus, ruler of the throat and voice, points to this person being a successful singer: Venus in its dignity in Taurus ruling Jupiter, which in turn rules her 2nd house of money and 5th house of creativity/artistic expression. And Venus ruling Mars, which is the ruler of her Ascendant, her essential being.
The Venus Mars conjunction could also contribute to an earthy compelling part of her performing appeal. [I wrote this without reading the rest of the thread so as not to bias my interpreation, so did not know it was Chaka Kahn.]