Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 03-19-2009, 08:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theopax
irony and sarcasm

A lot of people told me that I am really sarcastic and ironic...I would like to discuss about signs and planets more involved in this "soul expression"!
I think that in my astrochart the irony come from my mercury close to ASC and to the probably the planets in scospio (sarcasm)...
I wait for interesting opinions!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Hor.doc (42.5 KB, 21 views)

Unread 03-20-2009, 03:20 AM

Re: irony and sarcasm

I would look to your Mercury opposite Mars. Without the degrees indicated, it is hard to tell if you also have Mercury square Pluto, but that could be another one.

But hey, how do you express that Venus conjunct sun?
Unread 03-20-2009, 03:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by theopax
A lot of people told me that I am really sarcastic and ironic...I would like to discuss about signs and planets more involved in this "soul expression"!
I think that in my astrochart the irony come from my mercury close to ASC and to the probably the planets in scospio (sarcasm)...
I wait for interesting opinions!
The first thing I thought of was that I've seemed to notice that people with strong Cancer placements seem to have issues with sarcasm. Then I looked at your chart. Yep. Mercury is in Cap - but it includes the polarity of Cancer. In addition, Mercury opposes Mars(r) in Cancer, which rules the 3rd house of communication. It seems like part of you wants to speak your mind clearly, with boundaries, and self-authority ( Mercury in Cap conjunct ASC). But the opposition is that you must reveal yourself, your emotions, and be confrontive/assertive with others. You risk losing "love", support, and approval by doing this - so it comes out sideways - sarcasm, etc. Saturn in Leo, ruler of the ASC, is in the 7th, as well - intensifying this dilemma.

However, the whole set-up seems like a great aspect for a stand-up comedian, as this is basically how they get their material - letting what they'd really like to say out sideways. Cap (your ASC) is noted for its humor. Saturn in Leo in the 7th shows you can present yourself to others this way - and would probably be good "on-stage". (Mercury rules the 5th, as well.) Jupiter (r) in Gemini on the cusp of 6th shows you could probably write your own material - maybe even be a screenplay/script-writer this way.

Interesting.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 03-22-2009, 04:15 PM

It seems to me that Mercury rising person in any case would be somebody who is humorous, and likes to talk. If it is in Capricorn, it could indicate disposition to black humour, opposition to Mars - some aggressivness in communication, supported also by 3rd house cusp in Aries. Also prominent Aquarius and Uranus influence could indicate very active mind. To add some Scorpio who easily picks up the vices of others - I could believe you're ironic.

Tags
irony, sarcasm