Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 02-16-2009, 10:11 PM

Transiting Uranus Opp. Sun

Starting in a few months, transiting Uranus will oppose my natal Sun then it will go on to conjunct my ascendant and then oppose my natal Venus.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced any of these aspects. If so, how did it go? I'm really curious to read about other people's experiences.

I know Uranus will make me feel incredibly restless. I have already started to feel it. I'm expecting the worst --changes to my appearance, break-ups, a change of career. I'm worried about the possibility of accidents (I had Uranus Opp. Mars during a car accident last year, while Saturn was also transiting 6th).

How does one can cope with Uranus' need to lash out against the establishment?

Unread 02-16-2009, 11:17 PM

Re: Transiting Uranus Opp. Sun

I currently have Uranus squaring the sun in the 3rd house at 22' 28 Gemini Uranus is going through the 12th.
Confinement (or feeling confined), flashes of insight, psychological changes...all of these. Strange erratic and unexplained events...things happening out of the blue, erratic heart rate, rebellion having to be tempered . Wanting to end relationships that drive me crazy versus trying to be calm and patient.
A lot depends on the natal energy. I have venus/mars/uranus as a stellum with the venus/mars in semisquare to the sun so there is an energy there that I am somewhat used to though really played out in a different way. At uranus opposition sun Urnaus was traveling my 9th house in sagitarius. I graduated from college, moved with my boyfriend two states away in the middle of Appalachia Mountains. I broke out in a rash I could not get rid of for months (they said it was hives), was struck by a car on my bicycle and have an ankle issue too this day in relation to that. So a lot of good things came from it....it shook my world up and started me on a new path. I thought I broke up with my boyfriend/roommate about that time but as I look at the emphmeris interestingly enough that happened when Uranus squared my AC/DC at 3 degrees capricorn and as it retrograded back and forth over that I had a car accident (taking a hairpin curve on a rain covered road), and got a promotion as it went direct. My MC and saturn are at 5 degrees capricorn so it was close and opposed mercury in Cancer(ruler of my 3rd) in the 4th. I had to move when we broke up.
I guess the bottom line is what house is it crossing through.
Change.....good and bad...and yes.....accidents....be patient...the accident was mostly my fault. I was driving too fast for the road conditions.
I hope this helps..
So far Uranus is my dreaded fear and what keeps me coming back to astrology because I know that whatever happens it will be a significant time in my life.
This is the last passage of uranus to square my sun (and oppose my moon) as it has gone direct and will pass it March 11th and I will have a (hopefully) clear view until it conjoins my AC in 2011. Fun, fun, fun.
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Banned

I've only experienced Uranus conjunct Asc..........when (natally) it also squared itself on MC and Jupiter on IC.........It was a time when my career had just begun to "take off" materially, but I was undecided about whether or not I was in the right job........I stayed with the (accountancy) career and went on to achieve material success in it........Before retiring early to focus on astrology, because I found it more satisfying/worthwhile.

Looking back.......when transitting Uranus crossed my Asc, squaring itself and Jupiter, I lacked the courage to give up my safe/financially secure Saturn occupation in favour of the Uranus/astrology option......But, it was the right choice for the person I was then.

[Note : To understand how the transits of Uranus will affect you, it's essential to first ascertain the purpose/objective of Uranus in your natal chart.]

EJ

Last edited by EJ53; 02-18-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:02 AM

Thank you for your feedback, Cassandra.

Uranus is going through the 12th opposing the Sun at the end of the 6th house and Venus in the 7th. I have always felt my Sun's energy in the 7th house. My life revolves around personal relationships, definitely not work and helping others.

I'm currently unemployed, focusing on school, so I don't know how the 6th matters are gonna work out. Saturn through the 6th has already sent me to the hospital numerous times, and I have a surgery coming up in a few months. So I hope Uranus doesn't make matters worse.

I'm very scared of Uranus too. We'll see what happens. I'm not afraid to be set on a new path, but rather I'm afraid of something bad happening to me (an accident or an illness). I haven't caught a break in a while!

EJ,

My natal Uranus is in the 9th house conjunct Saturn, and square my sun and mars in the 6th and trine Jupiter in the 1st house. It also squares my ascedant. He is fairly active in my chart. The square to my sun and ascendant makes me very changeable, and impulsive. I love surprises! I also have a short temper when dealing with other people (square to Mars).

Last edited by FleetingDasein; 02-17-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Unread 02-17-2009, 11:38 PM

For me, the 12th has been more a psychological confinement and exploration of aspects with in myself. With Saturn opposite I have had a struggle with patience versus the impulse to throw it all away and start anew...which has been probably a life long inner issue since uranus rules the 12th. SAturn, the great teacher, has required that I sit quietly and learn instead of revolt.
Unread 02-18-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetingDasein
Starting in a few months, transiting Uranus will oppose my natal Sun then it will go on to conjunct my ascendant and then oppose my natal Venus.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced any of these aspects. If so, how did it go? I'm really curious to read about other people's experiences.

I know Uranus will make me feel incredibly restless. I have already started to feel it. I'm expecting the worst --changes to my appearance, break-ups, a change of career. I'm worried about the possibility of accidents (I had Uranus Opp. Mars during a car accident last year, while Saturn was also transiting 6th).

Can you put up your natal and transits chart, Im visual having a hard time here . Uranus is a planet I love to hate, hehehe.

Uranus was a bit of a diaster to me but I have some painful aspects in my natal chart that it activated, Uranus transit to 'Sun/Saturn opp' conjunct 'Mars/Saturn opp', lol. You really need to take a look at the aspects it makes in your natal, and hope Saturn and Mars are not in the mix.

My cousin and mother have just gone through the Uranus conjunct Sun and the transit hasnt been anything near as nasty as what happened to me, they dont have bad natal aspects involved. My cousin if off in the land of expert guru, really into new age stuff, when he was never into it before. My mother I havent really noticed the effect, Im still working on that. its got to be a new life as a grandmother I think, thats the only thing I have noticed.

I did hear someone with a Uranus opp Sun, now this is a friend of a friend, he had major trouble with a guy ripping him off, lost money in the 6 figures, not sure of his natal chart though, just know his bdate is opp mine in the chart.
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie
Can you put up your natal and transits chart, Im visual having a hard time here . Uranus is a planet I love to hate, hehehe.
I hope the visual helps, Kerrie. As you can see in the chart, Uranus is opposing the stellium of planets in the 7th while Saturn goes on through to conjunct them. I'm glad Saturn goes way faster than Uranus does, though. I think this is what I'm most worried about. Uranus and Saturn do not like each other at all.

A friend of mine is going through Sun conjunct Uranus and it hasn't been that bad for him. He's just very tired of his life at the moment and is doing everything he can to get out of the situation. My Uranus squares my Sun natally, and Mars in the natal chart. So Mars is in the mix. As I said before, the stuff happening 6th had me in the hospital for a while. I am really lucky to be alive today. May I ask what happened to you during this transit?

Unread 02-19-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I hope the visual helps, Kerrie. As you can see in the chart, Uranus is opposing the stellium of planets in the 7th while Saturn goes on through to conjunct them. I'm glad Saturn goes way faster than Uranus does, though. I think this is what I'm most worried about. Uranus and Saturn do not like each other at all.

A friend of mine is going through Sun conjunct Uranus and it hasn't been that bad for him. He's just very tired of his life at the moment and is doing everything he can to get out of the situation. My Uranus squares my Sun natally, and Mars in the natal chart. So Mars is in the mix. As I said before, the stuff happening 6th had me in the hospital for a while. I am really lucky to be alive today. May I ask what happened to you during this transit?
Do you mean T Uranus conjunct N Sun for your friend? If it is the other way around Im not sure if it has such a big effect.

I dont want to bore you or other members with what happened as I have spoke about it on other threads, but basically, the Uranus conjunct happened 1 degree past my Sun, my car caught fire one week while I was driving and the following week I was in a car accident, where I got really bad injuries as well as PTSD, anxiety and depression, it took about 6 months to recover well enough for me to do things, and my life got turned upside down, I still have some issues now. I have Uranus coming up to Mercury soon, just so exciting... NOT! Not looking forward to it.

I just noticed your Sun and Mars conjunct in your natal are about the same distance as mine, I have a Saturn opp both and you have a Saturn squ both. What degree was Uranus when you had your car accident? I had mine when it past my Sun by a degree (you can see my natal in my images), so way after my Mars.

Another difference is you still have your Uranus/Sun square to be activated by T Uranus/Saturn opp. I would be careful and checking where T Mars is on what day when all these planets come into a close degree.
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Well, lucky me - I've experienced all three of these transits - and survived!!
Uranus opp Venus:
This was somewhat masked by me being right in the middle of tr Pluto squ sun at the time, so that tended to overshadow everything else - but -
In retsrospect (it occurred in late 1980's) I had a huge amount of difficulty with my oldest son - drugs, police, being suspended from school - and I tried to get his father involved, just for some support (we were newly separated at the time) but eventually recognised that I was on my own with both my kids, so had to face it and deal with it. Uranus was early in Capricorn, and had just entered my 12th house, so felt the heaviness of responsibility - and the truth of my situation.

Uranus conj ASC:
This happened in mid 90's. Had lots of sudden and inspired ideas, lots of psychic `knowing', and clairvoyant experiences, great dreams. Restless, was I ever restless!! I really wanted to leave my job (in a top-heavy Capricornian government-owned educational institution) In the end, my job disappeared almost by magic, so I had no choice but to leave. During this transit, whilst I was still working, I shared an office with a very `Uranian' woman. She had Uranus conj ASC natally, and she kept having these vivid `visions' of our college sliding off the edge of a cliff. At the end of `94, our campus was `decommissioned' very, very quickly, so her visions proved to be prophetic.

Uranus opp Sun:
1998-99 - Uranus was in 1st in opp to sun in 7th. Howard Sasportas (In "The Gods Of Change" - a book you must get) calls this transit "symbolic of `finding the father inside us'". Peculiar that, because part way through 1998 I received inheritance money (not a huge amount, since I'm one of 4 siblings) after my mother's death the previous year. Essentially, this money had been earned by my father throughout his life - he'd died in the late 80's. It gave me some options for improving my life in the short term, and I had a fun time spending it. There was an element of rebellion in this since my father had never actually enjoyed the money he earned, as he was too afraid of losing it to the banks (he never ever borrowed money - the 1930's economic conditions had made him suspicious of banks' motives)

Quote:
(I had Uranus Opp. Mars during a car accident last year, while Saturn was also transiting 6th).

Count to 10, then if you still must lash out, go for it. Be aware also that your mouth may have a mind all its own during a Uranus transit.

I quite enjoy Uranus. It's Neptune and Pluto which trouble me. Oh, and Saturn; Saturn is so limiting!

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen

Tags
transiting, uranus