Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Unread 12-10-2016, 06:15 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,347
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossette353 View Post
Hello all,

I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?
I'm guessing you're not a very Venusian person then? I personally think being a dreamer is a good thing, it makes you more creative.

I feel the same way about a bunch of other placements. The Sun (ego) is ruled by Leo. Aquarius is it's detriment and Libra is it's fall. But even though it's "weaker" I'd much rather have my Sun in Aqua or Libra because it gives me a better ability to step outside of my ego and see all sides to things, it gives me a better ability to see the bigger picture. There are benefits to having a strong ego - more self-confidence - but I personally get along much better with Aquas and Libras for that reason. Scorpio is considered to be Venus's detriment and my personal experience with this placement is it scares people off but then we're also described as these powerful, sexually magnetic, seductive beings - if that's the case, Venus seems right at home

Your Venus is in the 3rd house. Are you a Capricorn Rising then? That might explain your point of view. Saturn isn't too fond of idealism or strong emotion.


Last edited by craft94; 12-10-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 12-21-2016, 08:24 PM
sundaygirl sundaygirl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

I have Venus in Pisces - 9th house,and that description " rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall " looks like my love life !
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 12-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Predtator Predtator is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Thumbs down Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Draamaaaaaa,

I have a Pisces Sun, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury,
Sun, Venus, Mercury 2cd,
Jupiter 3rd.

You're a drama queen. Need to grow up a bit and stop being a victim, I don't think Venus in Pisces in the 3rd was ever a detriment in my life. Not like "**** that Mercury in 3rd in Pisces giving me so much love trouble!" However, my venus is well aspected, trines my Moon, conjuncts Mercury. Squares Uranus though....could be the kink I like every now and then.

It's so much more fun to be a Pisces when you stop being a victim. Jus' sayin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Predtator For This Useful Post:
moonris3 (03-04-2017)
  #104  
Unread 12-22-2016, 12:28 PM
jkxx74's Avatar
jkxx74 jkxx74 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver area, CO
Posts: 405
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Some very interesting interpretations in this thread! I have that placement myself and have always wondered how it is supposed to work. Hard to say because of an equally strong Neptune that kind of undoes what should be Saturn's control of everything in the chart.

The most memorable description I read came from "The Inner Planets: Building Blocks of Personal Reality" by Liz Greene - a poster hit the nail on the head by pointing out Venus is a selfish planet in that it first and foremost brings enjoyment to its owner and is naturally not concerned with the well-being of others, except for those others Venus finds attractive. So with it being placed in Pisces this others gets extended into everyone potentially cultivating in a Venusian response to just about anyone. With the positives and pitfalls outlined that that entails.
__________________
My chart: http://jkansoft.mine.nu/mychart1.JPG

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jkxx74 For This Useful Post:
Bluebell87 (12-22-2016)
  #105  
Unread 12-23-2016, 09:21 PM
SolarEclipse SolarEclipse is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Pisces is a mutable sign, ruled by neptune and jupiter. Neptune the imagination, fantasy, hopeless romance. Jupiter is expansion, over dramatic, over exaggerated, etc. Pisces is exalted in venus because in that sign love has no boundaries.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SolarEclipse For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (03-04-2017), Bluebell87 (12-25-2016)
  #106  
Unread 03-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Jadi Jadi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 663
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
Sorry but,
Venus is not exalted in Pisces, it's exalted in Cancer. The moon instead is exalted in Pisces. Why?
Because all the Zodiac follows an anti-clockwise motion and if Venus were to be exalted in Pisces that would defy all the zodiacal logic.
Blame millions of years of misinterpretations. =)

The moon is exalted in Pisces, the most tender sign of the Zodiac. Dreaminess, their poetry, the kindness, the childlike "shyness" are all very similar to the Cancer traits, sign ruled by the Moon. It's the Moon that gives the Pisces natives their absent-mind nature and that "old diva" charm, not Venus, that instead is far more healthy and balanced. Think of a Cancer, Pisces is like that, but more, lol.

Indeed Venus is the symbol for health, while the sign of Pisces is one of the most prone to "addictions"; that wouldn't be a Venus trait at all. In facts the exaltation is the point of maximum expression of a planet.
Do you have a source for that or are you using your big thumb as a reference point?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 03-04-2017, 09:04 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Hi,

Interesting thread.

As to the question: "Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!"

There are different ways of explaining this. The most straightforward and 'traditional' way of explaining this is that Pisces, being feminine and moist, best accommodates Venus, where Venus feels like a Queen and most comfortable. Also, through Pisces' water element, Venus can live its infinite love to the fullest and most selflessly, as well as its timeless and boundless appreciation of beauty.
Furthermore, Jupiter, ruler of Pisces, is able to channel Venus' love for sensuality and earthy pleasures towards the higher truth of spirituality. Thus Venus is able to fruit here to its fullest capacity.

In Virgo, a dry sign, Venus falls, as Virgo's earth element limits Venus to earthy and material pleasures.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 03-04-2017, 09:07 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,590
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
My thumbs are rather small and slim : )

An Italian genius mind, who I'm unfortunately sure you've never heard about, formulated this very question, "Why is MERCURY exalted in VIRGO, where it is domiciled?", from that point on, the things she found out revolutionized the entire astrology process. She's called Lisa Morpurgo and Italian modern tradition is now based on this. She's never been translated into English.

I just opened a blog on trying to explain this all, because exaltations are traditionally wrong and have caused many misreadings. Especially technical ones.

Check it out if you're interested: anewastrology.wordpress.com
Genius or not, does her new philosophy actually work on real charts?
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 03-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
Sorry but,
Venus is not exalted in Pisces, it's exalted in Cancer. The moon instead is exalted in Pisces. Why?
Because all the Zodiac follows an anti-clockwise motion and if Venus were to be exalted in Pisces that would defy all the zodiacal logic.
Blame millions of years of misinterpretations. =)

The moon is exalted in Pisces, the most tender sign of the Zodiac. Dreaminess, their poetry, the kindness, the childlike "shyness" are all very similar to the Cancer traits, sign ruled by the Moon. It's the Moon that gives the Pisces natives their absent-mind nature and that "old diva" charm, not Venus, that instead is far more healthy and balanced. Think of a Cancer, Pisces is like that, but more, lol.

Indeed Venus is the symbol for health, while the sign of Pisces is one of the most prone to "addictions"; that wouldn't be a Venus trait at all. In facts the exaltation is the point of maximum expression of a planet.
This is definitely something to think about. The reasons that you describe
are the reason I'm confused when it comes to pisces. I agree that venus in pisces can be all about romance, fantasies, idealising, atrs, poetry, music. So that is all venus. But the addiction part is not a healthy expression of venus and being mutable either. I get pisces in venus can fall in love over and over again but the sacrifice part of this sign is not something I see healthy for venus. I also agree that the moon is well suited to pisces because of all that emotional and intuitive energy. Scorpio is more of a masculine sign and quite sporty and fit and feisty, but pisces is good for moon. Also, in tarot, there is a card that represents pisces and rules the moon .

What id like to know is how venus in pisces ppl feel about their bodies? I'll give an example of my experiences. In high school (teenage yrs which is ruled by venus) myself and two other friends had venus in virgo and back then I would say our bodies were immaculate and we were quite confident in using it as an expression with flirting with the opposite sex. It was rather playful and cute. I could not find one flaw physically speaking on either of us. I had another 3 friends who had venus in pisces who had body image issues, puffy skin, fluid retention, overweight, were self conscious and didn't date anyone. How is that a good expression of venus, when they don't self love, have low self esteem and dont date other boys either? I'm not saying they have to date, but they were too scared and they put them below the pedestal they kept putting other ppl on. I also remember a guy who liked me who had venus in pisces and he thought he wasn't good enough, yet I liked him. So, it seems contradictory for venus to be exalted here.

Last edited by Abby83; 03-05-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 03-05-2017, 04:42 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,590
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

I'll give my point-of-view. I started out with sun signs at 15, and worked my way through modernist approaches, discarded most of it, went to the traditionalist side of things, took what I found to be useful (which is a great deal of it) and, this is where the rubber hit the road, tested it for myself and found that the techniques I decided to use actually worked; this was so because I'd actually listen to the feedback that I'd get which most of the time agreed with my read on the chart.

Why am I saying this? Ideas aren't inherently good just because they are new and interesting, and the same discrimination and critical judgement you use to decide what you will take from the tradition should also be used with regard to new ideas, especially when those ideas are embryonic and untested. My little journey thus far in astro-land indicates that I'm not adverse to leaving behind once held beliefs if there are better ways to doing things.

You have confidence in this new theory; in what way does it rectify the current schools "misunderstanding" and how is it used in actual charts (accuracy of the reading is a different argument than how the new theory is applied to astrological charts)

[deleted attacking comments = Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 03-05-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
moonris3 (03-05-2017)
  #111  
Unread 03-05-2017, 11:32 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEclipse View Post
Pisces is a mutable sign, ruled by neptune and jupiter. Neptune the imagination, fantasy, hopeless romance. Jupiter is expansion, over dramatic, over exaggerated, etc. Pisces is exalted in venus because in that sign love has no boundaries.
Hi Solar,

Interesting post. Could you please explain why Pisces has the luxury of being ruled by two planets, and Virgo or Leo don't? I mean there should be some uniform rule or common thread, right, that would make it all look logical when studying rulerships?
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
moonris3 (03-05-2017)
  #112  
Unread 03-05-2017, 12:27 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,478
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

I don't like having this placement and I can't see why it's exalted. I think it's the people who don't actually have this placement who feels it's exalted.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 03-05-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChildOfVenus For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (03-05-2017), moonris3 (03-05-2017)
  #113  
Unread 03-05-2017, 04:53 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 33,438
Smile Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
Yeah it would be cool to be explained why rulerships don't make sense ^^
Anyone?
In this case, check the way Neptune and Venus are related in the Chart.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 03-05-2017, 06:56 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
I don't like having this placement and I can't see why it's exalted. I think it's the people who don't actually have this placement who feels it's exalted.
CoV, I have Venus in Pisces, and I feel blessed as well as that Venus functions better in Pisces than it does even in Libra or Taurus - its domiciles. It all depends on one's perspective, but, astrologically speaking, Venus's love in Pisces, a sign that is selfless and knows no conditions/boundaries, is unconditional and self-sacrificing. Now, some might see it as a sign of weakness or that they get taken for a ride, but, if one were to keep one's negative experiences out of this for a moment, isn't love (Venus) supposed to be just that, all-giving and unconditional (Pisces)?
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
HarmonE (03-05-2017)
  #115  
Unread 03-05-2017, 07:30 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
Venus in Pisces can be great for that "universal" love you talk about, yes.
Yes, and also for all that defines love - selfless, unconditional and all-giving.
Quote:
You don't find the correctness by seeing if it "fits me well". Take the 12th house, co-significant of Pisces, that's one of the most unlucky positions for Venus. It can't express in all its "expansiveness", and isn't love about opening up? The houses, more than the signs, would suggest the correct placements.
Planets rule signs, not houses. There's a quite a significant difference there.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 03-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
CoV, I have Venus in Pisces, and I feel blessed as well as that Venus functions better in Pisces than it does even in Libra or Taurus - its domiciles. It all depends on one's perspective, but, astrologically speaking, Venus's love in Pisces, a sign that is selfless and knows no conditions/boundaries, is unconditional and self-sacrificing. Now, some might see it as a sign of weakness or that they get taken for a ride, but, if one were to keep one's negative experiences out of this for a moment, isn't love (Venus) supposed to be just that, all-giving and unconditional (Pisces)?
It's great that you see these as good qualities that you enjoy. However, I strongly dislike the qualities you mentioned. Whenever a slow moving planet moves in pisces I see myself as being forced to take on these qualities and I hate them and see them as weak. You come last. You get taken for a ride. Used. Having no boundaries often leads to so much abuse. There is a large amount of venus in pisces ppl who get abused.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 03-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
Venus in Pisces can be great for that "universal" love you talk about, yes. As much as a Saturn in Taurus can be a very good placement or a Moon in Sagittarius. And why should one person with Sun in Capricorn ever think that's a bad placement, for instance? Makes no sense.

You don't find the correctness by seeing if it "fits me well". Take the 12th house, co-significant of Pisces, that's one of the most unlucky positions for Venus. It can't express in all its "expansiveness", and isn't love about opening up? The houses, more than the signs, would suggest the correct placements.
Why is Saturn in Taurus good for moon in sag?
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 03-06-2017, 12:39 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonris3 View Post
Planets, Signs, Houses. They're all one inside the other, my dear...
My dear, if that were true, then a person with a Leo Sun in the 12th house would live out, going by your logic, the traits of Leo or Pisces (since by your logic sign and house is same, so 12th house should be Pisces)? It is alright to reinvent a subject, but perhaps it might be a good idea to first understand the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
It's great that you see these as good qualities that you enjoy. However, I strongly dislike the qualities you mentioned. Whenever a slow moving planet moves in pisces I see myself as being forced to take on these qualities and I hate them and see them as weak. You come last. You get taken for a ride. Used. Having no boundaries often leads to so much abuse. There is a large amount of venus in pisces ppl who get abused.
I understand the point you are making, but you seem to be speaking from your own experience, or that of someone else, who has that constellation. I have just the very constellation and I don't feel used and abused. My Venus in Pisces works fantastically. You see, we need to look at just that - the planet Venus in the sign of Pisces, and NOT add our own colour to it. If you want to do so, you need to consider your complete chart, NOT just that one constellation. Then it could mean that one person that finds Venus in Pisces as a sign of weakness or abuse, whilst the other person finds that promise a sign of strength and blessing, perhaps then the first person's rest of the chart is causing trouble, not that constellation, whilst the other person's chart is more balanced.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
moonris3 (03-06-2017)
  #119  
Unread 03-06-2017, 01:20 AM
ICEYOU28 ICEYOU28 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 495
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I'll give my point-of-view. I started out with sun signs at 15, and worked my way through modernist approaches, discarded most of it, went to the traditionalist side of things, took what I found to be useful (which is a great deal of it) and, this is where the rubber hit the road, tested it for myself and found that the techniques I decided to use actually worked; this was so because I'd actually listen to the feedback that I'd get which most of the time agreed with my read on the chart.

Why am I saying this? Ideas aren't inherently good just because they are new and interesting, and the same discrimination and critical judgement you use to decide what you will take from the tradition should also be used with regard to new ideas, especially when those ideas are embryonic and untested. My little journey thus far in astro-land indicates that I'm not adverse to leaving behind once held beliefs if there are better ways to doing things.

You have confidence in this new theory; in what way does it rectify the current schools "misunderstanding" and how is it used in actual charts (accuracy of the reading is a different argument than how the new theory is applied to astrological charts)

[deleted attacking comments = Moderator]
Hi Conspiracy, did you happen to receive my PM I sent you not too long ago?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 03-06-2017, 04:45 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 33,438
Smile Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
My dear, if that were true, then a person with a Leo Sun in the 12th house would live out, going by your logic, the traits of Leo or Pisces (since by your logic sign and house is same, so 12th house should be Pisces)? It is alright to reinvent a subject, but perhaps it might be a good idea to first understand the basics.

I understand the point you are making, but you seem to be speaking from your own experience, or that of someone else, who has that constellation. I have just the very constellation and I don't feel used and abused. My Venus in Pisces works fantastically. You see, we need to look at just that - the planet Venus in the sign of Pisces, and NOT add our own colour to it. If you want to do so, you need to consider your complete chart, NOT just that one constellation. Then it could mean that one person that finds Venus in Pisces as a sign of weakness or abuse, whilst the other person finds that promise a sign of strength and blessing, perhaps then the first person's rest of the chart is causing trouble, not that constellation, whilst the other person's chart is more balanced.
Here's one way of looking at it: Planets "own" Signs, which in turn, "own" Houses. Planets impart their energies more strongly in some Signs than others, and Signs impart their qualities more effectively in some Houses than in others. The questions then are, does a House actually contain within it some of the innate qualities of the Sign that "owns" it, which it then imparts to whatever Sign is currently "visiting"; and if so, do the Signs as numbered 1 through 12 (beginning with Aries) "own" the Houses with matching numbers?
Or, conversely, are the Houses simply about "fortunate" and "unfortunate" "areas of life" with no connection to Sign-qualites at all?

Last edited by david starling; 03-06-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (03-08-2017), sylph (03-07-2017)
  #121  
Unread 03-06-2017, 05:15 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,590
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEYOU28 View Post
Hi Conspiracy, did you happen to receive my PM I sent you not too long ago?
Good Ol' Iceyou all about his business. You could resend me the PM and I'll check it out sometime tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 03-06-2017, 10:17 AM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,643
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Here's one way of looking at it: Planets "own" Signs, which in turn, "own" Houses. Planets impart their energies more strongly in some Signs than others, and Signs impart their qualities more effectively in some Houses than in others. The questions then are, does a House actually contain within it some of the innate qualities of the Sign that "owns" it, which it then imparts to whatever Sign is currently "visiting"; and if so, do the Signs as numbered 1 through 12 (beginning with Aries) "own" the Houses with matching numbers?
Or, conversely, are the Houses simply about "fortunate" and "unfortunate" "areas of life" with no connection to Sign-qualites at all?
David, thanks for sharing your perspective. Going by what you wrote, please explain:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/house_of_joy.html
against
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/signs_of_joy.html

If "planets own signs, and signs, in turn, own houses" (which is actually not the way it works), Sun owns Leo and Leo owns the 5th house? If yes, the Sun should joy in the 5th house, but, instead, it joys in the 9th house.
__________________

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 03-06-2017, 03:48 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 33,438
Smile Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
David, thanks for sharing your perspective. Going by what you wrote, please explain:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/house_of_joy.html
against
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/signs_of_joy.html

If "planets own signs, and signs, in turn, own houses" (which is actually not the way it works), Sun owns Leo and Leo owns the 5th house? If yes, the Sun should joy in the 5th house, but, instead, it joys in the 9th house.
Well, the Sun just enjoys going out and visiting the House owned by Sagittarius, instead of staying home in the House of the Sign it rules. Nothing wrong with that!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 03-06-2017, 09:45 PM
ICEYOU28 ICEYOU28 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 495
Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Good Ol' Iceyou all about his business. You could resend me the PM and I'll check it out sometime tomorrow.
Alright I sent it.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 03-06-2017, 10:18 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 33,438
Smile Re: Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
David, thanks for sharing your perspective. Going by what you wrote, please explain:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/house_of_joy.html
against
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/signs_of_joy.html

If "planets own signs, and signs, in turn, own houses" (which is actually not the way it works), Sun owns Leo and Leo owns the 5th house? If yes, the Sun should joy in the 5th house, but, instead, it joys in the 9th house.
With the arrangement I proposed, the Sun should be VERY influential in the 5th House, just as Mars should be in the 1st and Jupiter in the 9th. Notice that with the Sign/House matchups, all three are by nature, Fire-sign Houses, where the Sun would be at its most expressive, especially when it is also in a Fire-sign, and most especially when it's in Leo. Does this run counter to your experience?

Last edited by david starling; 03-06-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
exalted, pisces, venus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charisma Yoi Astrology and Psychology 95 08-10-2017 04:41 PM
Sexuality & Sexual Abuse chart Q's... Jamisyn Astrology and Psychology 35 09-02-2011 05:16 PM
The Aftermath of Uranus Conjunct Venus Pisces MaeMae Transits 18 04-30-2011 04:19 PM
Lynda Hills' March Newsletter: Venus Retrograde! piercethevale Mundane Astrology 0 03-01-2009 04:39 PM
Other cosmic objects in dignities & debilities BorX Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects 9 09-10-2007 08:18 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.