Moon in Virgo with Mercury in Pisces

byjove

Account Closed
Sense & Sensibility - Moon in Virgo with Mercury in Pisces

Anyone else straddling the divide? Rather than isolating parts of the chart, I'm trying to combine a Moon placement and that of it's ruler to better understand the Moon.

Does this add to or subtract from this Moon placement? Is it just messy? I hoped that it would be a cooling salve to the an otherwise critical, perfectionist nag, adding compassion, imagination and a view of the bigger picture.

But, does it also mean that such a native is 'less sharp' than a typical Moon Virgo native? I think many of the fine researchers on here have been unravelling that dignity and debility can indicate power of a planet and it's functions not intelligibleness exactly. But is it that there is a clash of abilities and they in fact don't combine well or pass silently by in the night like ships?

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I did a little research on celebrities with this (I normally don't care about celebrities at all) and very known people past and present include William Wordsorth (writer), Joss Stone (singer), Steve Balmer (CEO) and John Travolta (actor) just to name a few.

byjove

Account Closed
I've noticed a few things about this combination recently, and I wonder if anyone agrees or disagrees much;

- Virgo Moon allows a critical perspective of what someone else is saying, and Mercury in Pisces likes to believe things or see the best in people
- Mercury in Pisces likes to be friends with almost everyone, while the Virgo Moon can list issues or problems quite readily
- The Pisces side of the thinking adds obvious vulnerability and openness to manipulation, even if a Virgo Moon normally has eagles eyes

gen6k

well that list doesnt have any hard analytic people.

it does seem to have a poetic inclination.

although opportunities for a certain Inclination depends on the evolutionary path of the Inclination outside of the subject as well as the subjects Appropriation of the Inclination within its own bounds.

byjove

Account Closed
I wish there were an 'LOL' button as well as the others because I laughed when I read that. :lol:

I will say that I mellow with the night (it is now where I am) and harden during the day. But perhaps the poetry still cuts through as you suggest. I note that having a Virgo Moon, it's then further ruled by the Mercury in Pisces. Maybe there is a clear chicken and an egg here; amongst the most tolerable and human of Virgo Moons?

And, if I understand correctly, you're saying that any combination provides certain materials, but they can be used in various ways? If I'm unahppy about my perception of this combination, should I dig deeper into their essence to find a better usage of their provisions?

Last edited:

gen6k

kind of. i meant it as a mediumistic process.

if we see that the solution to a problem is always outside its immediate area. not necessarily fully it has to connect back within the medium from the outside.

then we see that it is viable to have different "renditions" of a skill for maximizing its surrounding space.

here is a list of surrounding aphorisms:
foundation-activity
ground- air
order-ocean
math-spirit
science-liberal arts
specialization-generality
particular-universal
traditional-revolutionary
quantity-quality
physical logistics-creative energy

it only counts if there is ambidexterity in the placement if its both Mercurial and Neptunian depending on strength, or strength to one side as well. it doesnt have to be inter-disciplinarian it can be specialized as well.

brooke24

I knew a friend a long time ago who was a Pisces sun/mercury with moon in Virgo - i remember she had a very controlling and critical mother who never left us alone and always had something critical to say about...well anything!

This combination i imagine would be an interesting one..Pisces and Virgo are two signs that may be opposite in nature but they each project a lack of confidence..so i imagine overall the person may be inclined to find fault. Even persons with strong Pisces alone can ironically be on the critical side! Michael Jackson ..a sun in Virgo/moon in Pisces ..he was an absolute perfectionist who overall lacked confidence...

byjove

Account Closed
Ha, I was hoping the Pisces in me would make me more humane! I see once in a while some decisions that I've made are very perfectionist. I just don't like to waste time and am quite ambitious. I've an Aries Sun that's well-placed, self-confidence is reasonably stable I think, but I'm more humble than arrogant, that's for sure.

I feel like I'm still not getting to the roots of this combination, I may have to do a massive research session. So much traditional reading labels Mercury in Pisces natives as 'fools' and modern reading Virgo Moons as 'unbearable'. :lol:

brooke24

Well if thats what 'modern astrology' has panned then the people writing it deserve to be shot - thats all i can say! 'Fools' and unbearable' ?. To look at this in a different light it sounds like not only a massive generalization but that personal hence subjectivity has immersed the people giving these descriptions. Isn't the key supposed to be objectivity?

It is possible to find pros and cons in every combination. I do know that every single moon in Virgo person i have ever met has a strong air of 'reserve' about them - also there is an unmistakable seriousness to them - but it is not the 'meanness' or inherent coldness of a Capricorn moon - Virgo moon people still retain a lot of kindness ..many of them although they cannot seem to escape the inherent reserve and analytical persuasion in the emotional nature - they are also caretakers and many love animals and look after sick people e.g. service orientated. This is just what i have witnessed..up close and personal!!!

gen6k

the moon is one of the most complex figures. many of the moons are unmoon-like.

gemini moon is probably worse than virgo moon its like an inversion of logic, and it has trouble staying put. virgo is sextile to cancer and gemini is semi-sq.

if we all had domcile moons we wouldnt be as advanced in intuitive statistics and so forth to build things.

brooke24

Hi Guys and byjove

Liked the thread. Just letting you know i am leaving the astro forums for good..enjoyed talking with you ..so if i do not respond to any messages you know why!!

haha. Thanks again for the assistance - but i am moving on and i just think for me i do not want to constantly analyze and predict - instead i want to live life and enjoy it - and astrology to fade wayyyyy in the background!

Charlotte x

byjove

Account Closed
That's a great shame, I'll miss you! Take care!

Hi Guys and byjove

Liked the thread. Just letting you know i am leaving the astro forums for good..enjoyed talking with you ..so if i do not respond to any messages you know why!!

haha. Thanks again for the assistance - but i am moving on and i just think for me i do not want to constantly analyze and predict - instead i want to live life and enjoy it - and astrology to fade wayyyyy in the background!

Charlotte x

Ουρανία

Emotions (Moon) are mentally processed (ruled by Mercury) in a basic level (they have to make some sense, logic and real purpose) before expressing them. Emotions must support the reason.
Therefore, these people may be exceptionally emotionally intelligent (Moon in Virgo), especially because there is a distance (opposition) between instinct and reason. Emotional judgments are rare, and that's good because it makes a person an objective and clear in its responses to the environment.

On the other hand, the more we think about the feelings, the less we feel them or suppress them by changing their nature. These people are more likely to feel pressure all the time (in this case mental pressure grows when emotions have no outlet). "The brain is designed to think, and heart is to feel". But for these people, as if the brain performs both functions. Not to mention the way of perception (Pisces Mercury).

In some way, the Moon in Virgo reminds me of Mr. Spock (Although, he probably has Mercury in Aquarius). He is a brilliant and prosperous compared to red-blooded man. But his very logical reactions(Virgo Moon) are not always the wise. Sometimes it is crucial to show emotions and react accordingly, very fast and thoughtless. It is very difficult for the Moon in Virgo, but it can be accomplished by practicing in everyday situations (corresponding to Virgo).

One more thing...
The link between Virgo and Pisces is to serve something (not necessarily someone). So, there is a need (Moon) to practicaly serve (Virgo) something that we consider (Mercury) greater than oureslves (Pisces).
What is it, you can analyze from position of Mercury and the Moon in the houses. But you can also meditate that question :sideways:

Try both Pisces and Virgo technique.

JUPITERASC

Ουρανία;433136 said:
One more thing...
The link between
Virgo and Pisces.....
Another intriguing factor linking Virgo and Pisces is:

Virgo is the domicile aka natural home of Mercury - Mercury is considered the "lower mind" mostly concerned with mundane day-to-day ideas

Pisces is the domicile aka natural home of Jupiter - Jupiter is considered the "higher mind" more concerned with ethics and belief systems :smile:

Ουρανία

Another intriguing factor linking Virgo and Pisces is:
Virgo is the domicile aka natural home of Mercury - Mercury is considered the "lower mind" mostly concerned with mundane day-to-day ideas
Pisces is the domicile aka natural home of Jupiter - Jupiter is considered the "higher mind" more concerned with ethics and belief systems :smile:

Good point.:sideways:
That's exactly what I meant when I mentioned "basic level" and "Greater than Ourselves".

P.S.
I have a question ...
What is your experience with the transits of Neptune in Pisces (Pisces Mercury conjunction / Virgo moon opposition)?

byjove

Account Closed
Ουρανία;433280 said:
Good point.:sideways:
That's exactly what I meant when I mentioned "basic level" and "Greater than Ourselves".

P.S.
I have a question ...
What is your experience with the transits of Neptune in Pisces (Pisces Mercury conjunction / Virgo moon opposition)?

Me or JupiterASC?

If me...Pisces is on my 9th cusp and transiting Uranus is squaring my natal Neptune in Capricorn - my career plans have changed entirely, after years of planning. I've lost faith in my previous profession and have fallen back my interest in international business and technology.

What happens after emotions are intellecuatlised here? The ideas are managed by Mercury in the 9th of Pisces - Pisces being mutuable, intellectual synthesis but in abstract thinking. Pisces, water, emotive, compassionate, sympathetic etc. Ultimately, this Virgo Moon (in the 3rd) intellectualises emotions, funnels them into higher thinking (ruler is Mercury in the 9th) about philosophies on life (Pisces) ?

Attachments

• 1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I don't know which Mercury based Moon would be worse- Gemini (affinity to intellectualize and talk too much) or Virgo (critical and naggy) which are in many ways... similar. Either way, I think the Moon is unhappy in both signs as there's less feeling of the emotions replaced by a compulsive need to analyze them.

Pisces Mercury tends to be psychic and have strong leanings in creative arts... but where Mercury is concerned, it's busted and have problems with facts and rationality. Pisces Mercury can indicate learning disabilities.

Having detriment Pisces Mercury opposite the critical Virgo Moon sounds really rough. I would assume that the Moon usually wins being that Mercury is "corrupted."

byjove

Account Closed
LOL I swear I'm not that bad May28Gemini! To be honest, I wondered did the Pisces planets soften the normally critical Virgo Moon. I notice that Mercury disposes that Moon - possibly the least critical of Virgo Moons given the dispositor. Their opposition is quite wide, between 9 and 10 degrees so instead I tend to focus on the Venus in Pisces opposition. The opposite is also true, the Virgo side of me is just as well 'known'. I account for this probably, because of Cancer rising, it 'reflects light rather than creates it's own' so magnifies the agent of the ascendent - the Moon.

I'm sure there are unique opportunities and talents as well as troubles with this combination, but I still have to acknowledge them. Learning troubles is right May, my Italian professor said 'you learn as if by osmosis, you don't learn exactly, you sit and absorb, but it's difference means the education system fails you'. How Pisces is that?!

Last edited: