Discussion on Neptune

astronerd

Just found this article, that talks about weight loss and overall bad habits, but mostly about how Neptune can be associated with an invasion of privacy during childhood, because of a lack of boundaries between the parents and the child.

Thoughts?

Lin

As always, the whole chart must be seen in order to be confident about being accurate about any aspect.
The Moon is the first energy which encompasses "habits" - both bad and good.

IF Neptune is active in the chart, and esp. if it is negatively aspected to the Moon or other personal planets, the energy become more like "addiction" - the next step after "habit."

Neptune in certain aspects with personal planets, along with other heavy planets, and in certain houses, would represent invasion of privacy (or worse) in childhood...and yes, a lack of boundaries.

Post your chart and ask your specific questions,
LIN

waybread

Don't forget the good side to Neptune: a rich imagination, mysticism, a love of the sea.... I think Neptune rules films (cinema.) What Neptune doesn't deal with is ordinary reality.

katydid

My lovely granddaughter is 2 and a half. She was born in early May, 2015.

She has Neptune in her 1st house in Pisces. Neptune trines her Venus in Cancer in the 5th house. :love:

Her imagination is amazing. She is so perceptive and engaging. She loves books and has almost taught herself to read already. She knows a lot of little words by sight.

If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she says very enthusiastically --" a purple stegosaurus" :lol:

Wheez0r

Lack of boundaries is true with Neptune but on the upside would imagination work if we were stuck within boundaries? Connections to personal planets is difficult, because it's hard to tell how much is it realistic to expect from anything related without losing your enthusiasm or hope for life itself.

Correct me if I'm mistaken (I'll own my Neptune here) but hope and enthusiasm for life aren't entirely water qualities but also fire, latter just being more active and less sensitive, therefore perhaps coming off as less daydreamy... but then fire people can be equally daydreamy about other persons feelings, therefore assuming they're being loved if someone simply submits to them due to being overwhelmed. Think about Pisces and Aries in a relationship; Pisces wants an adventure and being loved but Aries isn't giving it the way Pisces would feel comfortable as themselves, but Pisces finds an excuse to see how/why Aries's way of showing love is still true, even if not on Pisces's terms. :D Then Pisces finally has had enough as Aries might have walked over Pisces's boundaries... for example if Aries became violent or abusive towards Pisces and was dragged into court, Aries would just say: "I thought Pisces loved me and enjoyed because they stayed with me!" while a more sensitive person could've spotted Pisces was internally screaming for help. And pardon if I'm excessively stereotyping the signs in someone elses taste, not saying "all Aries and Pisces are like this".

One question I've been curious about, how to deal with Neptune if it's strong in your chart. I can say I avoid human relationships just due to fear of ending up into similar position as the dear Pisces in my example (yet I'm not a Pisces, 12th hosue south node though), but I'm constantly lacking energy which comes so easily for loud, aggressive and selfish Aries type people, I don't know how to do anything without being overwhelmed or having to rely on someone else when things get rough. It *****. :p

waybread

You might want to read Liz Greene's book on Neptune.

Basically, Neptunians long to merge with the divine, which requires an act of self-denial, if you think about it. When this doesn't work out, they may turn to drugs and alcohol as short-cuts.

Consequently, developing a healthy spirituality is a good use of Neptune. So are the arts, where that imagination has an outlet.

waybread

Here is Greene's book: https://www.amazon.com/Astrological-Neptune-Quest-Redemption-ebook/dp/B007L4SSA2

Hopefully my memory serves, but basically she talks about Neptunians as longing to merge with the divine. But to really do this would be an extraordinary act of self-sacrifice. Put differently, a major religious theme is redemption-- the act of being saved from worldly evils and troubles.

Basically we're talking about mysticism. Jupiter and the 9th house rule conventional religions. Neptune is more the individual's ability to commune with the divine, however she defines it.

But what if that sense of becoming one with divine eludes the Neptunian? What if s/he grew up in a secular household and culture, with no knowledge that this is what s/he was after?

Then drugs, alcohol, and escapism of various sorts provide a surrogate for that elusive spirituality.

Neptune is also tricky because it doesn't deal with ordinary reality. Instead of the balanced mystic, you might get the cult follower or leader, who increasingly goes off the deep end. Neptune gives beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment.

Neptune transports us into other realities; but for the most part, we have to live in this one.

Lin

"Lack of boundaries is true with Neptune but on the upside would imagination work if we were stuck within boundaries? "

YES....it always does when it's successful. Every "movie" has an ending. The film maker has X number of limited minutes to produce the imagined "work."

Every painter has the limitation of the canvas.

ETC.

Neptune, when successful as a motivator and a giver of inspiration, has to work with other planets in order for something "real" to be created.
LIN