natal charts and the stillborn

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi folks,
When a child is born and never takes a breath there can be no *natal* chart for that person.
The case I am considering involves the stillbirth of a child at full term. He died on his *due date*.
I have drawn up an *event chart* for the time of his birth. The time of his death is also known (within a 30 min period).
It seems very strange to me that this child does not *Qualify* for a natal chart, as he failed to meet the criterion of taking a breath.Yet he existed, and existed in a relationship with his mother, and father.He was a person and he was required to have a funeral.He had to be given a name.
Yet-no chart.

I'd be very interested to hear the opinions of other members on this sensitive issue, as no doubt some of us will at some point come across the situation.
The conception date is also available for this child.

Other than the *Event* chart, is there any other astrological means of providing a form of Natal chart in such circumstances?
(I really wasn't sure *where* to post this, and if I have erred, my apologies.)
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

starlink

Lilly, when this child died within 30 minutes, it must have been born 30 minutes before that, so I would take that as his birthchart. Îf the child had died within the womb and the mother had to bring the dead fetus to term, then there is no birthchart other than the conception chart, also used at times by astrologers. Personally I dont know how they do that, or rather how to be exact unless you note the time you made love! and then are 100% sure you got really pregnant!

Also, some people take the first breath as the moment of birth, others the cutting the cord and the third catagory takes the moment the child has totally left the mothers body. As there is so little time between that moment and the first cry, I would take the moment he left the body.

AquariusT

lillyjgc said:
Hi folks,
When a child is born and never takes a breath there can be no *natal* chart for that person.

I am sorry, I disagree with this 100%.

Star, I studied with Emily Faugno and the conception chart is not considered the birth chart. The soul begins is incarnation, not it's Natal.

Yes, the child technically does not take a first breath if stillborn. Many astrologers take the time that the child comes out, and not the first breath, as the Natal.

This subjects hits too close to home for me so I may or may not peek back in. Hugs.

Last edited:

starlink

I once saw a chart of a stillborn baby, same situation as in this case, and there were about 2 aspects in that chart, nothing else. Really eery but very descriptive. I never forget that.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Thanks very much both of you.
The Event chart is fairly descriptive of the situation. The baby died the night before he was technically *born* (the exact time of his sad arrival is known.)
Thanks Aqu.T..
Conception time is known-(date and time) and I'm aware this chart is not usually used, but just was wondering how other astrologers might compute a valid chart for such a circumstance.
Thanks
Lillyjgc

MtnMomma

A dear friend recently lost her son this past week and I wanted to do a chart for him... he only lived 2 hours...
Is there a special way to do this or a site that can calculate it or a way to interpret the planets to make it relevant to his death?

Also, my son and his wife had a stillborn 2 years ago and while I understand technically he did not take a breath, he WAS still a person to the whole family... I wanted to do a chart for him as well... I know there has to be a significance to losing a baby, not just for the parents but for the little soul who comes for such a brief time... wonder what kind of soul agreement *that* is?

Please reply asap and feel free to send me an email if you have any ideas!