lost my mangal sutra

vara_lakshmi

Hi,
I lost my mangalsutra, chain and two finger rings(one is diamond and other one is gold) on 18-dec-2011.

we went to out of station for our first anniversary. we started from our home on 17-dec-2011. after reaching the place i noticed that my jewellery bag was
empty. i am confused whether i have taken the gold items to outstation or not. please help me to come out from this problem. please tell me that whether items was stolen by some one or it is lying in my house some where.

from last 7 months i am in depression and i am searching. please help me is it there in my house or not.
can i get that back or not .

somebody please help me. I am waiting for the reply. please

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Sapnasumam, please create your own separate thread. Also, a Hello and Thank you makes others want to respond on this free-for-all forum. Wouldn't you agree?

:)AQ7

Harold

An obviously desperate plight, but no chart provided. The chart should be set up for the time and place where the astrologer who judges the chart first understands the question. I will be the astrologer, here is the chart.

missing_mangalsutra.jpg

The ascendant is in Gemini and so the querent is Mercury, who is in Taurus and combust.

The question was asked - was the mangalsutra stolen? Traditionally, this was obviously a very common question in times past as the rules about whether the goods were stolen and finding the thief who stole them were many and detailed. The main significator of a thief was a peregrine planet in the angles, particularly in the ascendant, and most particularly if it was the ruler of the 7th. Here, Jupiter is ruler of the 7th, peregrine and in the ascendant.

Further testimony is that the ruler of the 2nd, the goods themselves represented by the Moon here, is 'besieged'. That it, separating from a trine to Saturn and applying to a sextile to Mars. It is curious though that the 'besiegement' is by easy aspects.

It does seem clear however, that the mangalsutra has been stolen.

Who is the thief and where is the mangalsutra now? It can be seen that the Moon, ruler of the 2nd house and representing the mangalsutra, is in her own sign and in her own house. The mangalsutra would appear to be where it belongs. Further testimony is that the ruler of the 4th house, the 'home', is the Sun and the Sun is conjunct Mercury. It would seem prudent to stop there.

starstudent33

I made a chart for when I understood the question. I'm only answering the first person who asked a question. The mangalsutra is the second house/Moon. It is in the first house, which shows it is with you in your home. It is also represented by the Sun, which is on the twelfth cusp, a hidden place. It is hidden inside something that has green, white, and reddish colors on it. You should be able to find it.

Attachments

• mangalsutra.gif
    mangalsutra.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 45

Harold

I made a chart for when I understood the question.

Ah yes, but the ascendant is early at only half a degree. Henry Coley (Key to the Whole Art of Astrology, page 127) says, "If few degrees, viz, the very beginning or the latter end of a sign ascend, 'tis not safe to give judgement for the querent hath been tampering with others." In other words, another astrologer has previously cast a chart for the same question....

Harold

You would only use that rule if you thought the querent might be trying to play a trick on you. I don't see why this would be a trick.

No. The point is that there are now TWO charts for ONE question. What is to stop half a dozen more astrologers piling in with their charts - all of which give differing answers? Which one do we take as correct - if any?

There is a rule in horary astrology that a question may be asked (and answered) only once.

Henry Coley was pointing out that charts with early (or late) ascendants are not safe to judge because it is a sign that the question has been asked (or answered) before. Not because the astrologer has somehow been "tricked".

starstudent33

I say, pile 'em on. The answers are not going to differ if they're correct. As for the early degrees rule, I've never read Coley, but according to Anthony Louis it can sometimes be used. It may indicate the question is premature or not fully formed. It may indicate the querent if very young. It may also indicate the question was spontaneously formed. That's what it is on my chart. I read the post, and immediately made a chart for it without thinking about it for very long.

nirmalapabboju

Re:Question: lost my mangal sutra

This is the first time after marriage that I'am not wearing my mangalsutra. I stay in Delhi and was a victim of chain snatching on 16th July, 2020 at around 5.30pm. I just completed 25 yrs of my marriage and never removed it. And have been observing all rituals sincerely. It has been a traumatic experience for me. My DOB 20.01.1970 (Hyderabad) (9:55pm). Are they any hopes of finding it? The police does not seem to be interested.