I'm an Aquarius but I don't get along with Libras

catharsis

And I think it's because I have my sun at 23 degrees Aquarius, and also Mars 25 degrees Capricorn, and Venus 22 degrees Capricorn. So their sun ends up squaring my mars and venus :lol:

Just a thought. Or observation. And yeah I haven't been romantically involved with any Libras unfortunately. I tend to be attracted to Scorpio ladies though.

JUPITERASC

And I think it's because I have my sun at 23 degrees Aquarius,

and also Mars 25 degrees Capricorn, and Venus 22 degrees Capricorn.
So their sun ends up squaring my mars and venus :lol:

Just a thought. Or observation.
And yeah I haven't been romantically involved with any Libras unfortunately.
I tend to be attracted to Scorpio ladies though.
Exactly, your natal Mars and Venus squares their Libra Sun
AS WELL AS ANY OTHER PLANETS THEY MAY HAVE IN LIBRA
, ARIES, CANCER
:smile:

However
unless you use only the One-Size-Fits-All Cookbook Recipe School of unreliable astrology
there is more to the story

and for clearer insight there is an option to create individual synastry charts
one can create synastry charts using that option at astro.com Extended Chart Selection Page

Bradders

I don't think it could always be the case. Remember they're individuals too with individual charts, even in astrology you might be surprised who you might find as friends and enemies.

I've had alot of fails with Tauruses, loads of great friendships with Aries, but even then, it doesn't really matter. Who you meet could last a week, a month, a day, a hour. Your soulmate could be a libra.

They could be into all sorts of people themselves. I think most people just have problems: Remember you were here to enjoy your life, not feel obligated to some sort of statuory responsibility with everyone you meet.

~ That old talking Pisces Rising Goat Fish

Kitchy

Banned
Aquarius is traditionally ruled by Saturn. That might have something to do with it.

Libra's have a difficult time taking or making a stand as well as making decisions.

Saturn hates that.

But the strange thing about it all - thinking aloud - Saturn is exalted in Libra.

Hope no one is offended....

"sh*it or get off the pot" -

in American colloquial - it means - if you can't decide - get out of the way.

Last edited:

waybread

I think it's your other chart placements, not your sun. We actually share the same birthdate (or degree) and I'm married to a Libra-- for nearly 20 years. His and my suns are trined at the same degree. As time passes, I think you'll meet other Librans with whom you get along just fine.

craft94

Libra's have a difficult time taking or making a stand as well as making decisions.

Saturn hates that.

But the strange thing about it all - thinking aloud - Saturn is exalted in Libra.
I honestly think this is a misconception. With enough mental discipline, I actually think Libra is the best at decision making! (Gemini on the other hand changes its mind 1000 times a day) Libra is represented by the scales; Libra is the lawyer, the JUDGE of the zodiac hence why Saturn is exalted there. I don't think Libra is indecisive so much as it is slow to make a decision, because it needs to consider all the evidence. Aries is an action-orientated sign. Aries makes decisions quicker, but quicker doesn't necessarily mean better. Most people make their decisions quickly based on feeling, the impulse of the moment and this isn't always smart. This is how I feel about politics most of the time.

I'm a Libra, and I'd say I get along best Aquarians. Both signs tend to be concerned with humanitarianism and issues of social justice. But out of all signs, I'd say I have the most troubles with Leo, actually, despite the fact that we're generally considered "compatible". Leo is about ego, Libra is about relationship, how can that possibly work out? But a lot of other Libras say they like Leos so I figure it could have something to do with the abundance of Scorpio in my chart. I can't take anyone telling me what to do. I'd say it's similar for you: it probably has something to do with your Capricorn planets. I don't get into as many fights with Capricorn as I do Leo, but I can't say I click with them either. Leo Sun + Capricorn Moon has been the most difficult combination for me to get along with. The thing is Capricorn and Libra are completely opposite in outlook. (In my experience,) Capricorn sees Libra as idealistic and naive while Libra sees Capricorn as close minded and boring.

My Midheaven is at 23 degrees Aquarius loosely trine my Sun at 27 degrees Libra. A 23 degree Libra Sun would be trine with you. I don't see how the degree could have anything to do with it. I would say it's the Venus and Mars. My Sun actually is square your Mars and Venus.

Last edited:

craft94

And I think it's because I have my sun at 23 degrees Aquarius, and also Mars 25 degrees Capricorn, and Venus 22 degrees Capricorn. So their sun ends up squaring my mars and venus :lol:

Just a thought. Or observation. And yeah I haven't been romantically involved with any Libras unfortunately. I tend to be attracted to Scorpio ladies though.

May I ask why you don't get along with Libras? What kinds of problems have you had with them? Any particular patterns? I'm asking out of curiousity. Also, if youre not attracted to them, then, why is it unfortunate that you haven't been romantically involved with any?

Capricorn and Scorpio are very similar. Both signs tend to concern themselves with status, power and money. Both signs tend to be very serious as well. Venus and Mars are the sexual planets. It makes sense why you'd be attracted to them. Libras are usually more light hearted and easygoing.

Also, what is your Descendant and where is your Descendant ruler? That usually has an influence on attraction. What house is Libra?

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I honestly think this is a misconception. With enough mental discipline, I actually think Libra is the best at decision making! (Gemini on the other hand changes its mind 1000 times a day) Libra is represented by the scales; Libra is the lawyer, the JUDGE of the zodiac hence why Saturn is exalted there. I don't think Libra is indecisive so much as it is slow to make a decision, because it needs to consider all the evidence. Aries is an action-orientated sign. Aries makes decisions quicker, but quicker doesn't necessarily mean better. Most people make their decisions quickly based on feeling, the impulse of the moment and this isn't always smart. This is how I feel about politics most of the time.

I'm a Libra, and I'd say I get along best Aquarians. Both signs tend to be concerned with humanitarianism and issues of social justice. But out of all signs, I'd say I have the most troubles with Leo, actually, despite the fact that we're generally considered "compatible". Leo is about ego, Libra is about relationship, how can that possibly work out? But a lot of other Libras say they like Leos so I figure it could have something to do with the abundance of Scorpio in my chart. I can't take anyone telling me what to do. I'd say it's similar for you: it probably has something to do with your Capricorn planets. I don't get into as many fights with Capricorn as I do Leo, but I can't say I click with them either. Leo Sun + Capricorn Moon has been the most difficult combination for me to get along with. The thing is Capricorn and Libra are completely opposite in outlook. (In my experience,) Capricorn sees Libra as idealistic and naive while Libra sees Capricorn as close minded and boring.

My Midheaven is at 23 degrees Aquarius loosely trine my Sun at 27 degrees Libra. A 23 degree Libra Sun would be trine with you. I don't see how the degree could have anything to do with it. I would say it's the Venus and Mars. My Sun actually is square your Mars and Venus.

Perhaps what I should have said was "Libra takes too long too make decisions." All that weighing and balancing takes time - and generally speaking, Aquarians are decisive, quick-thinking, acting. I agree Libra's make good judgements when they finally get around to making a decision.
I enjoy Libra company very much - except when it comes to shopping, ordering at a restaurant or problem solving. I've had a lot of libra friends through life - great friends - but I have seen them 'miss the boat' too many times when quick decisive action is needed. That may be my Aries MC and Merc-Uranus aspect talking - or maybe even my Sun in 7th.

Plus, in group conflicts (friendships, co-worker, family - I have seen that Libra's are usually the ones who don't take a stand when a stand is needed, and they usually get both sides very pissed off.

My perception.

catharsis

May I ask why you don't get along with Libras? What kinds of problems have you had with them? Any particular patterns? I'm asking out of curiousity. Also, if youre not attracted to them, then, why is it unfortunate that you haven't been romantically involved with any?

Capricorn and Scorpio are very similar. Both signs tend to concern themselves with status, power and money. Both signs tend to be very serious as well. Venus and Mars are the sexual planets. It makes sense why you'd be attracted to them. Libras are usually more light hearted and easygoing.

Also, what is your Descendant and where is your Descendant ruler? That usually has an influence on attraction. What house is Libra?

libra descendant 7th, venus in cap 10th

craft94

libra descendant 7th, venus in cap 10th

Libra Dsc.? Interesting. I usually find the Dsc. says a lot about what kind of partner you're attracted to but I guess with Libra's ruler in the 10th house, Capricorn, you prefer someone with more Cappy kinda qualities. Maybe the Libras you know square your planets in Cap.

Is there a specific reason you don't get along with Libras? Have you had any bad experiences with them? Is it the indecisiveness that bugs you (referring to what Kitchy said) or what? Just because you don't like someone of a certain Sun sign does not mean youre destined to not get along with that sign...There's at least one person of every Sun sign I like and at least one person of every Sun sign that I dont. There are patterns, but maybe if you find a Libra woman with Sun in the 10th house conjunct your Dsc. and Moon in Capricorn conjunct your Venus or Mars, you'd change your mind.

Slightly off topic, if the cookbook description for Libra was always accurate, I'd hate Libras too but as it stands, I am a Libra.