Aliester Crowley Thoth card interpretation help

insania

Thanks for the information.

I m not sure if the second path is so positive with a 5 of Disk in it.

Any advices how to ask a question? Should I use a timeframe?

Do emotions have any influence on the cards?

Last edited:

insania

I have made a celtic cross spread:

Question: How will my project go?

Card 1: The present: 2 of Cups

Card 2: The challenge: Prince of Swords

Card 3: The past: Knight of Disks

Card 4: The future: Wheel of Fortune

Card 5: Above: Emeperor

Card 6: Below: Ace of Cups

Card 7: Advice: Two of Disks

Card 8: External influences: Two of Wands

Card 9: Hopes and/or fears Knight of Swords

Card 10: Outcome: Three of Wands

All in all a very positive spread. Wheel of fortune and 3 of Wands as outcome could mean great opportunity.

THe Sword cards worry me a little bit, but could mean mental anxity?

The Ram

The Hierophant represents hierarchies and general group dynamics. Teachers as well and has been said, religious leaders.

3 of Wands indicates growth in your venture. Fortune is incrediibly positive obviously. The sword cards are court cards which are less negative than most swords cards.

Prince of swords as the challenge (crossing you I presume) indicates that your challenge lies in the intellectual and logical realm of air, maybe a lack of, or poor communication.

Last edited:

insania

Thanks for the answer.

I have heard Three of Wands can also mean big plans but not much behind it. Would you agree with this interpretation?

Marinka

I have made a celtic cross spread:

Question: How will my project go?

Card 1: The present: 2 of Cups

Card 2: The challenge: Prince of Swords

Card 3: The past: Knight of Disks

Card 4: The future: Wheel of Fortune

Card 5: Above: Emeperor

Card 6: Below: Ace of Cups

Card 7: Advice: Two of Disks

Card 8: External influences: Two of Wands

Card 9: Hopes and/or fears Knight of Swords

Card 10: Outcome: Three of Wands

All in all a very positive spread. Wheel of fortune and 3 of Wands as outcome could mean great opportunity.

THe Sword cards worry me a little bit, but could mean mental anxity?

I think you can modify your question to get a better result ...

- Will my project make money within 6 months
- Will more than 100 people buy my project within 6 months
- Will I feel that the time I spent on the project has been beneficial to me within the next year.

The word "go" leaves a lot unsaid .. are you looking for money, recognition, status, awareness ... Also, the time period could be better defined .. 6 months, 1 year and so on.

insania

Thanks for the advise.

Have you people ever had a good Tarot spread but a bad astrology chart?

Would you do a spread during a Mercury retrograde?

The Ram

Thanks for the answer.

I have heard Three of Wands can also mean big plans but not much behind it. Would you agree with this interpretation?
Well theres a pos and neg expression for everything. What do you think it represents in this situation? If that interpretation resonated for you then thats something you should consider.

But overall the 3 is a great card. The only Wands cards that are better are the Ace and the 4. The 3 and 6 are the next best and are on even footing.

The Ram

Btw how are you liking the deck?

When I first got the deck what stood out to me most was how heavy and intense the symbolism was.

Last edited:

insania

Yes, the art is amazing!

They are very accurate too. I am quite addicted to them.

I bought a book by Banzhaf. It's okay.

Last edited:

The Ram

Yes, the art is quite spectacular.

First book I'd reccomend for this deck: Tarot Mirror of the Soul by Gerd Ziegler. It really explains the cards in a very easy to understand way. It's the best place to start for this deck imo.

Then I'd reccomend next The Tarot handbook by Angeles Arrien. Very comprehensive, with lot's of info on spreads, year cards and other stuff.

Those 2 books would be a good foundation to start from I'd say. They both cover the thoth deck exclusively.

Ziegler also wrote another book on the thoth deck called Tarot Mirror of Relationships. Which is quite good as well and something you may want to consider, if you're going to ask relationship questions frequently.

The book of thoth by Crowley is amazing as well. but I wouldn't start with that. It's not written for the beginner.

The Ram

Oh yeah: Understanding the Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo Duquette is a decent place to start as well. I'd rank it 3rd after my first 2 reccomendations.

insania

Thanks for the recommandations.

The recent spreads wee all quite wrong which kind of shakes my confident in the cards ...