Progressed angles & the fixed stars

ethertwist

My Progressed MC is just about to reach 26 Taurus, which is home to the much maligned fixed star Algol and my Progressed Asc is currently at 29 Leo, almost exactly aligned with the Royal Star, Regulus. I've read some really unpleasant things about Algol, while Regulus seems to be quite auspicious. I'm wondering if the fixed stars have any effect when our progressed angles or planets reach them? I'm not very well versed when it comes to working with the fixed stars in the natal chart, much less our progressed or return charts. Are they worth considering or is their impact modest or imperceptible?

Any insight is much appreciated!

:smile:

dr. farr

I share Robson's (Vivian Robson: "Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology") view that when angles, Lots or planets progress to the place of the star, the star has a modifying effect. HOWEVER, as with progressions (and profections and SR's) in general, NOTHING that is not already indicated (as potential) in the radical (natal) chart, can result from the progression, so, for example, unless Algol already had a relationship established in the natal chart, the progression to Algol of an angle or planet would not bring into play a major Algol effect that would suddenly change the trends and directions seen in the natal chart. It would have a certain modifying effect, but would not spin the life in a brand new direction; same goes for all the stars (in my understanding of this subject)

ethertwist

I share Robson's (Vivian Robson: "Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology") view that when angles, Lots or planets progress to the place of the star, the star has a modifying effect. HOWEVER, as with progressions (and profections and SR's) in general, NOTHING that is not already indicated (as potential) in the radical (natal) chart, can result from the progression, so, for example, unless Algol already had a relationship established in the natal chart, the progression to Algol of an angle or planet would not bring into play a major Algol effect that would suddenly change the trends and directions seen in the natal chart. It would have a certain modifying effect, but would not spin the life in a brand new direction; same goes for all the stars (in my understanding of this subject)

dr. farr, I so appreciate that!

That makes a lot of sense and helps me immensely in my process of learning about and working with the progressed chart.

I will be checking Vivian Robson's book out for sure.
:smile:

Mark

So, if I interpret correctly, stars tend to create "sensitive" points in the natal chart, which can be activated by later progressions/transits over those points?

dr. farr

Yes, IF the star is longitudinally conjunct or Parallel a natal planet, Lot, or other significant natal horoscopic point (such as the ascendaning degree, MC, and so on)

Also note that the progressed (directional) star influence is a transitory effect, while the natal connected star influence is, of course, life-long.