A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

david starling

Blm only matters when its a white person who kills a black individual.

Come to Philly come to cincy. Brothers are killing brothers on the daily.

It's really about police brutality. The name of the movement isn't descriptive enough.

The police are being used as Storm Troopers and Cossacks in service to the Elites as well. But, on a day to day basis, black people in particular are being considered their "rightful prey".

WisdomJoy

Blm only matters when its a white person who kills a black individual.

Come to Philly come to cincy. Brothers are killing brothers on the daily.

Here we go again with those all lives matter, back people kill black people- let me try and use everything possible to invalidate the movement/ cause. I'm not saying these things are not true, but your use of them really isn't the best.

https://www.latimes.com/science/sto...gs-are-a-leading-cause-of-death-for-black-men

Just spend some time research the economics of the disenfranchised, there's so many lists that have gone viral in the wake of George Flyod's death. They are super easy to find.

A start:

1) THE HISTORY OF WHITE PEOPLE by Nell Irvin Painter
2) RECONSTRUCTION by Eric Foner
3) FEAR ITSELF by Ira Katznelson
4) A DIFFERENT MIRROR by Ronald Takaki
5) THE PRICE FOR THEIR POUND OF FLESH by Daina Ramey Berry
6) HOW CAPITALISM UNDERDEVELOPED BLACK AMERICA by Manning Marable
7) THE COLOR OF MONEY by Mehrsa Baradaran
8) WHITE RAGE by Carol Anderson
9) THE WARMTH OF OTHER SUNS by Isabel Wilkerson
10) STAMPED FROM THE BEGINNING by Ibram X. Kendi
11) FREDERICK DOUGLASS: PROPHET OF FREEDOM by David Blight
12) EVICTED by Matthew Desmond

Inquisag

It's really about police brutality. The name of the movement isn't descriptive enough.

The police are being used as Storm Troopers and Cossacks in service to the Elites as well. But, on a day to day basis, black people in particular are being considered their "rightful prey".
I agree that police brutality is driving the protests behind the Floyd murder. That officer didn't care if he was killing Floyd. I learned today that he was a senior officer training two of the other officers that were there. He should not have been working as an officer and all the reasons why he was still there should be examined.

I feel racism enters the picture when you see how many people and the ethnicity of those who have been killed by officers recently. Just as serial murderers tend to prey upon marginalized groups such as prostitutes and teenagers, officers have learned that they can do almost anything to certain groups without losing their jobs.

eekndyn

Here we go again with those all lives matter, back people kill black people- let me try and use everything possible to invalidate the movement/ cause. I'm not saying these things are not true, but your use of them really isn't the best.

https://www.latimes.com/science/sto...gs-are-a-leading-cause-of-death-for-black-men

Just spend some time research the economics of the disenfranchised, there's so many lists that have gone viral in the wake of George Flyod's death. They are super easy to find.

A start:

1) THE HISTORY OF WHITE PEOPLE by Nell Irvin Painter
2) RECONSTRUCTION by Eric Foner
3) FEAR ITSELF by Ira Katznelson
4) A DIFFERENT MIRROR by Ronald Takaki
5) THE PRICE FOR THEIR POUND OF FLESH by Daina Ramey Berry
6) HOW CAPITALISM UNDERDEVELOPED BLACK AMERICA by Manning Marable
7) THE COLOR OF MONEY by Mehrsa Baradaran
8) WHITE RAGE by Carol Anderson
9) THE WARMTH OF OTHER SUNS by Isabel Wilkerson
10) STAMPED FROM THE BEGINNING by Ibram X. Kendi
11) FREDERICK DOUGLASS: PROPHET OF FREEDOM by David Blight
12) EVICTED by Matthew Desmond

Are you serious? Or are you evading the fact it only matters when its done by the white hand. All lives DO MATTER. We are all humans.

aquarius7000

I agree that police brutality is driving the protests behind the Floyd murder. That officer didn't care if he was killing Floyd. I learned today that he was a senior officer training two of the other officers that were there. He should not have been working as an officer and all the reasons why he was still there should be examined.
When you say, "he didn't care if he was killing Floyd" , would you say there was any intent to kill him in the first place, or was just the outcome (even if due to chauvin-ist's actions)?

WisdomJoy

Are you serious? Or are you evading the fact it only matters when its done by the white hand. All lives DO MATTER. We are all humans.

I am being dead serious. Did you not read what I said in the earlier messages? Your consistent push for all lives matter in direct response to people saying that black lives matter is problematic. Once again, it's a concept of racism. Once again, it makes you part of the problem. Once again, when people say that Black lives matter they are not insinuating that other lives don't.

If Black lives matter really didn't care about others why are they constantly showing up for other groups? They are front line supporting Palestine, they were front line supporting DACA.

Just read up and educate yourself a bit more. Or are least watch the video above. It's short and it drives the point home.

It's tiresome that every single time the movement pushes forward, there's always the people that are quick to use these baseline arguments to negate it. And it's the same explanations over and over again. You can't honestly tell me that you haven't heard these challenges to your comments before. And what's particularly sad, is people have to break it down like y'all are in Kindergarten... all over it... from the very beginning.. every single time.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

When you say, "he didn't care if he was killing Floyd" ,
would you say there was any intent to kill him in the first place,
or was just the outcome (even if due to chauvin-ist's actions)?
*Updated to provide clarity about the Felony Murder Rule. See 8:00. :smile:

The AG has upgraded the charges
against Chauvin and the other police officers. Why?
George Floyd: 3rd or 2nd Degree Murder?
UPDATED (LegalEagle’s Real Law Review)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpshmYWTQDo

Inquisag

When you say, "he didn't care if he was killing Floyd" , would you say there was any intent to kill him in the first place, or was just the outcome (even if due to chauvin-ist's actions)?
I have to say he didn't care. His eyes gave me that impression. Unfortunately, I have seen the eyes of people contemplating a heinous act and in the middle of committing one. They look focused. Chauvin looked lost; it was like he lost track of what he was doing, but wanted to make sure it was completely done. It didn't seem like Floyd was a person to him, he was a demonstration mannequin.

david starling

I have to say he didn't care. His eyes gave me that impression. Unfortunately, I have seen the eyes of people contemplating a heinous act and in the middle of committing one. They look focused. Chauvin looked lost; it was like he lost track of what he was doing, but wanted to make sure it was completely done. It didn't seem like Floyd was a person to him, he was a demonstration mannequin.

"Depraved indifference" describes it.

Dirius

I think the word privilege really hits the mark.

Privilege is a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group. In a world that is built on both overt and covert white supremacy, that is the very definition I just listed.

If there are civil rights that are "apparently" entitled to all and for over 400 years this hasn't been happening, then what does that tell you? That there are a group(s) that is being favoured and another group(s) are simply not.

If this was true, why are Asian americans at the top of the income bracket in the U.S.? Shouldn't it be white people on top?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

aquarius7000

If you are interested in knowing my opinion too, to me that chavin-istic pig looked like one who had real disdain for blacks, and perhaps that is why did not care. In other words, that is why to him this black's life just did not matter. :sick::sad:

Dirius

If Black lives matter really didn't care about others why are they constantly showing up for other groups? They are front line supporting Palestine, they were front line supporting DACA.

Because it is a left-movement for political gain mate.

BLM is doesn't care about black lives, otherwise they wouldn't trash and assault black neighborhoods.

Dirius

I feel racism enters the picture when you see how many people and the ethnicity of those who have been killed by officers recently. Just as serial murderers tend to prey upon marginalized groups such as prostitutes and teenagers, officers have learned that they can do almost anything to certain groups without losing their jobs.

So when police brutality occurs to white people.

Whats the reason behind it?

I remember a video from a guy who was killed in a hotel room by the police for no reason at all.

WisdomJoy

Because it is a left-movement for political gain mate.

BLM is doesn't care about black lives, otherwise they wouldn't trash and assault black neighborhoods.

I'm not your mate.
All you have to do is research. That's it. Read/ educate. Start with the book list I shared.
You have no authority to say that BLM doesn't care about black lives. That simply is not true. You are speaking from ignorance.
You are so keen to condone what you don't understand, you expect people to show up in certain ways and when they don't their pain is no longer valid.
Black people could try and burn the entire world down and it doesn't change the fact that institutional and systemic racism is alive and well and based on your comments, flourishing. It's impacts are both economic and psychological.

Dirius

Population must be considered. Asians make up about 6% of the population. Non-Hispanic Caucasians make up 60% of the population. 6% at $87,194 60% at 70,642.

It still means that the average person of Asian descent earns much more than the average white american "priviliged" person.

If privilige existed, then how is this possible?

Have in mind we are packing "whites" all together, despite there being multiple ethnicities.

Germans are not the same as Italians, not the same as Poles, not the same as Jews, etc.

Dirius

I'm not your mate.
All you have to do is research. That's it. Read/ educate. Start with the book list I shared.
You have no authority to say that BLM doesn't care about black lives. That simply is not true. You are speaking from ignorance.
You are so keen to condone what you don't understand, you expect people to show up in certain ways and when they don't their pain is no longer valid.
Black people could try and burn the entire world down and it doesn't change the fact that institutional and systemic racism is alive and well and based on your comments, flourishing. It's impacts are both economic and psychological.

I have every authority to say whatever I want mate.

BLM doesn't care about people. They are interested in political gain, nothing more.