Lana Del Rey

Lucid

Definitely Leo rising. I don't see cancer, her face isn't round and doesn't have that feminine quality that cancer rising types have. Also cancer rising people seem to be slow or deliberate talkers while leo tends to have a "valley girl" effect. Also her head is more square than round which points to fixed, she is very self stylized and a bit of a prima-donna. Another small detail is that I have noticed that females that are either leo rising or a strong leo sun tend to have pouty or puffy lips, especially the bottom one... like a pouty princess.

Well, considering she's got her moon in leo, she could have a leo rising with moon right on the ascendant. I actually think she's got a round-oval face, no sharp edges at all, with the only pointy feature being her nose. And, for "Also cancer rising people seem to be slow or deliberate talkers" - she IS a slow, soft-spoken, very introverted talker, though that could be her mercury in cancer. I vote for a leo rising. All that bling, the big hair, dramatized characters in her videos make me believe she's got a leo rising.

dioskouris

Account Closed
Right. I only see the cancer/moon influence on her appearance as being secondary, by her perhaps moon rising. Also mercury in cancer to me would after her speech, yes, but I to me even though her speech is introverted there is a charisma to her expression that definitely speaks of a leo rising person.
But the main thing I have to disagree with however is her face shape. It isn't properly "oval" to me. I can see what you're saying though, perhaps between square and round.

Melaike

Definitely Leo rising. I don't see cancer, her face isn't round and doesn't have that feminine quality that cancer rising types have. Also cancer rising people seem to be slow or deliberate talkers while leo tends to have a "valley girl" effect. Also her head is more square than round which points to fixed, she is very self stylized and a bit of a prima-donna. Another small detail is that I have noticed that females that are either leo rising or a strong leo sun tend to have pouty or puffy lips, especially the bottom one... like a pouty princess.

Angelina Jolie's face is more angular than her but Angie is Cancer rising.
İf she's Cancer rising than her Moon sign and aspects will gain more importance.Moon in Sag ,conjuncts Uranus and Neptune describes her very well

stroud

Lana frequently references Marilyn Monroe in her music, which is interesting because according to MM's birth certificate, Marilyn had a Gemini sun and Leo Ascendant-- like one of the theories of Lana's birth signs. Marilyn was also year of the Fire Tiger (1926), like Lana (1986). The Chinese zodiac system works on a 60 year cycle, and Lana was born a little over one cycle after Marilyn; June 1, 1926 -&- June 21, 1986.

Attachments

• mm_fragmenty_ulubiony_portret_mm.jpeg
    mm_fragmenty_ulubiony_portret_mm.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 33
She is talented but I can't get over the fact that she lies about her past and her plastic surgery. The Gemini stuff makes sense.

It's interesting to hear you guys talk about signs affecting your physical appearance.

LeoCassandra

On one of the others astrology forums someone said:
I'm starting to this she has a sag asc with chiron conjunct dsc.
Because she screams heart broken beauty queen. Plus uranus conjunct asc would bless her with that genius originality. and sag asc would give her a lust for dat open road
And i would agree with that:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: With 1985, as her birth year the Leo asc doesn't fit. She must be a Gemini Sun or Uranus aspecting ASC because she has huge hands, super long fingers...And yes she talks, sings often about cars, driving.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_ldr.29405.4202.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_ldr.29405.4202.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 38
  • gallery_1_49_223763.jpg
    gallery_1_49_223763.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 001~7.jpg
    001~7.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 37
M

may28gemini

Angelina Jolie's face is more angular than her but Angie is Cancer rising.
İf she's Cancer rising than her Moon sign and aspects will gain more importance.Moon in Sag ,conjuncts Uranus and Neptune describes her very well

Angie's Cancer rising but her Moon is cardinal (Aries) in an angular house (10th) so it modifies her appearance to looking more like what a cardinal rising sign would look like (lean, sharp/angular lines, pointy chin, etc.)

Uranus 8

http://i39.tinypic.com/258ovo7.jpg

I would say 21 june 1985 15h34 . scorpio rising, conjunct pluto giving to her the hypnotic aura.

Angular leo moon in 10th (public notoriety) moo=pl/node

Sun in 8th =ve/ju = me/ur

Mars in 9th house = Sun/Pluto = Node/Uranus (1986 have no midpoints.)

Mercury in 9th house = Sun/Pluto = Jup/Ura = Uranus/Node (far more dynamic than the 1986 date, whose capricorn mars is not creating midpoints neither)

Uranus in 2nd house (personal values) =mars/saturn (pain) mer/venus (speak about seduction...)

The 1986 date seems less lively than '85 one, for an artist.

The sadness of her themes fits well with the story contained by the south node conjunct saturn.
The quest for power is there also.

Comfort zone with jupiter.
saturn on it's way don't block a lot of things.

Nice found. I don't listen that kind of music. In a lighter & more mature way, she reminds me my ex, born 3 days after.

The 1986 date dont speak to me.

Last edited:

LeoCassandra

Thanks for midpoint interpretation. It was an interesting read:kissing: In 1985 we have Yod with Mercury. Her Cancer Mars speaks more for her fascination with 'sugar daddys'. Women, that i know, with Mars in Capricorn are very independent and would not tolerate being dependent on someone else, or at least they pretend:tongue:

WeCareALot

Figured I'd resurrect this thread after some Lana birthday news has come to light. Apparently, she was born in 1985, not 1986! She confirms it in a recent Rolling Stone interview:

Del Rey just turned 29 – not 28, as it's usually reported – but she denies responsibility for shaving off a year.
"People have said different ages," she says with impressive vagueness.

Here is a link to the interview: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...fter-two-long-days-with-lana-del-rey-20140724

WeCareALot

Also, if we assume her birth time is the same (9AM), that would make her a Cancer Sun at the 0 degree and a Leo ascendant with her moon conjunct her ascendant from the 12th house. She also has 2 yods--one pointing to Uranus in Sag in the 4th and the other pointing to her Mercury in Cancer in the 12th.

Love2Know

Thanks for midpoint interpretation. It was an interesting read:kissing: In 1985 we have Yod with Mercury. Her Cancer Mars speaks more for her fascination with 'sugar daddys'. Women, that i know, with Mars in Capricorn are very independent and would not tolerate being dependent on someone else, or at least they pretend:tongue:
I have mars cap. Bring the sugar daddys my way!!!!

Flapjacks

I have mars cap. Bring the sugar daddys my way!!!!

I have a gay friend who is 1 month younger than me, and we both have Mars in Cap, and we like to joke about finding our "sugar daddies".

Funny too, my boyfriend also has Mars in Cap, and he likes to pretend to be the sugar daddy. Although, he's not really. :innocent:

I think it's more we like to pretend we are in that kind of relationship when we're actually independent. :tongue:

Strong Cancer influence makes sense for Lana Del Rey. I find her to be very emotionally self-indulgent. Even though how she likes to invoke past eras is intriguing, I hate how "fake" she is about it (someone who does this kind of thing in style is a gorgeous burlesque dancer who lives in my area and she actually lives like she is in the 40's every day, and it's the sexiest thing this Cancer Sun has ever seen.... but that woman has an Aries sun, :lol:). Lana Del Rey's smugness also bothers me as smugness is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I don't really care for her voice. There must be strong Neptune, as well, as she's very concerned with the "fantasy worlds" of Hollywood, victimhood, etc.

I've been interested in the fact that there are many famous, pop female artists born within 1984 - 1987 that all have an obsession with creating a hyper-dramatic, fictional universe around themselves. Lada Gaga, Janelle Monae and Lana Del Rey come to mind quickly.

Last edited:

Love2Know

I have a gay friend who is 1 month younger than me, and we both have Mars in Cap, and we like to joke about finding our "sugar daddies".

Funny too, my boyfriend also has Mars in Cap, and he likes to pretend to be the sugar daddy. Although, he's not really. :innocent:

I think it's more we like to pretend we are in that kind of relationship when we're actually independent. :tongue:
Lol yeah so I just read anna nicole smith had mars in cap...

savanna

Astrotheme now has her birth year as 1985 and no birth time.

I believe she is Gemini Sun and Cancer Ascendant or late Gemini Ascendant.