Venus In Capricorn

I often notice that people think this is the worst position for Venus (Except Scorpio Venus). What do you think? Venus and Saturn don't seem to blend well ...

Venus in Capricorn; Boring, moneyseeker, to practical, not hot at all, maybe good with money but that's about the only good thing.

/JJ, Capricorn Venus and fine with it!

Last edited by a moderator:

archergirl

Venus in Capricorn isn't such a bad placement. Cappie folk tend to be indirect in showing affections, and quite serious. Venus in Capricorn usually also blesses the individual with fantastic bone structure, as well...what a plus!

I would say Venus in Aquarius is worse; they tend to be just plain strange. :p My MIL has this placement, and love is something she's never been particularly successful with.

AG:)

Polo

Actually, they can be quite sexy. I don't know what you're talking about.
They tend to zero people in, and if they like you, the attraction can be intense. They show love by actions, and if you're the kind that likes her man to stay forever, you're safe with a Capricorn. Their willingness to work hard and reach the highest heights of achievement should be a turn-on in itself.

Polo

I know an 18-year old girl who's loving her time with a 29-year old. She finds it completely natural.
The thing you have to understand is, Capricorns like authority. They admire people who can teach them something; someone they can admire. The sign Capricorn is known to be the oldest and wisest of all signs, so it's no wonder that even youngsters can understand adults very well.

reallypisces

Well, Edith Piaf had Venus in Capricorn, and she was an extremely passionate anf generous woman. It's strange, Venus in Capricorn is usually associated with caution in love, but she was just the contrary - she always fell in love like a teenager. But then again, she was the one who always abandoned her lovers - perhaps fearing lest she should be the one abandoned.

Inside Out Orange

I've had a couple of experiences with Venus in Capricorn. My general feeling is that Venus was suppressed by a much harder headed view of love that wanted to be sure it was making the right choice before committing itself. That typical Capricorn pessimism wanted regularly and frequent proof that love existed.

Reyka

Polo said:
[...]The thing you have to understand is, Capricorns like authority. They admire people who can teach them something; someone they can admire. The sign Capricorn is known to be the oldest and wisest of all signs, so it's no wonder that even youngsters can understand adults very well.
Don't know if they're the wisest, but they like authority for sure!
I am a Cancer with Moon in Leo and fell head over heels in love with a Sagittarious with Moon + Venus in Capricorn.
Of course he could use a shag, but I didn't stand a chance for him... -> He was in love with one of his bosses, who, incidentally, is married.

He was always pretty cold to me, and ended up badly, the worst part is that I still think of him after 2 years, and I cannot find anyone as manly (and beautiful at the same time).
I guess I'm having a hard time to let go because my sign is opposite his Moon... *sigh*

I wonder if his life was even affected by me at all.

(Just in case you want to have a peep, I was born:
26 June 1971 at 00:50 (legal time, that is it was actually the 25th at 23:50) in Macerata (Italy).
He was born 18 December 1971 in New York

Inside Out Orange

Reyka said:
Don't know if they're the wisest, but they like authority for sure!
I am a Cancer with Moon in Leo and fell head over heels in love with a Sagittarious with Moon + Venus in Capricorn.
Of course he could use a shag, but I didn't stand a chance for him... -> He was in love with one of his bosses, who, incidentally, is married.

He was always pretty cold to me, and ended up badly, the worst part is that I still think of him after 2 years, and I cannot find anyone as manly (and beautiful at the same time).
I guess I'm having a hard time to let go because my sign is opposite his Moon... *sigh*

I wonder if his life was even affected by me at all.

(Just in case you want to have a peep, I was born:
26 June 1971 at 00:50 (legal time, that is it was actually the 25th at 23:50) in Macerata (Italy).
He was born 18 December 1971 in New York

I haven't looked to closely at the ins and outs of your chart but it's similar to mine as I was born in Aug 1971.

So I know you also haveMars in Aquarius (stubborn fixedness) and Neptune conjunct Jupiter (excessive idealisation of romance) which for me cause problems when I meet someone really 'special' which happens very rarely.

You also have Pluto square his Sun which might make for some level of obsession. And of course you're Cancerian who are always emotionally nostalgic and struggle to let go.

I have Venus in Capricorn and this thread is very accurate on it's expression. I do approach love with caution, and I will sometimes wait to see if the other person shows their true feelings before I will reveal mine. I have had two partners younger than me but wished they were more mature and after the last failed relationship, I went for someone a little older and it has worked out better, he is more career driven etc, although he is bad with handling money.

Reyka

Inside Out Orange said:
I haven't looked to closely at the ins and outs of your chart but it's similar to mine as I was born in Aug 1971.
[...].
IOO, thanks for all your info, you actually shed a light for me!
He actually has the same aspects for Jupiter and Pluto as me, I wish he had obsessed over me instead of somebody else :(

To Shining Ray: aren't people with Sun or Moon in Capricorn supposed to prefer older partners?!

To stay on topic: I have a very good friend who is a Pisces with Moon in Capricorn. She had a baby 4 years ago, and she still is a more detached parent figure than her husband is. For instance, she very seldomly washes the baby or takes him to the loo, she leaves the father do it, while she attends the feeding/cooking part. AND she's the one to say "NO" when the baby does somthing wrong.
I've always found the above a little odd, and it might all originate from some book they read with advice for new parents, but I can't help thinking her "cold" Moon in Capricorn plays a part. What do you say?

Inside Out Orange

Reyka said:
To stay on topic: I have a very good friend who is a Pisces with Moon in Capricorn. She had a baby 4 years ago, and she still is a more detached parent figure than her husband is. For instance, she very seldomly washes the baby or takes him to the loo, she leaves the father do it, while she attends the feeding/cooking part. AND she's the one to say "NO" when the baby does somthing wrong.
I've always found the above a little odd, and it might all originate from some book they read with advice for new parents, but I can't help thinking her "cold" Moon in Capricorn plays a part. What do you say?

I'd say that's par for the course for mothers with Capricorn prominence. In the end, relationships are about complementing each other, and it seems the father is able to do all the bits she doesn't. It would be interesting to know more about his signs.

As for books ... Gina Ford wrote "The Contented Baby" book which essentially says the parents set the pace. They don't do things to the schedule that the baby sets. I can imagine for an authority-bound Capricorn type it would resonate strongly with how they want to bring their child up. But it certainly doesn't suggest swapping gender roles ;)

woolgatherer

I've read that Venus in Capricorn can be attracted to "moody loners", hah. I wonder if that's true for anyone here?

I don't have that placement myself, but I like people who do. I have Saturn in the 7th so I can be serious about relationships too.

rogue_red

Reyka said:
IOO, thanks for all your info, you actually shed a light for me!
He actually has the same aspects for Jupiter and Pluto as me, I wish he had obsessed over me instead of somebody else :(

To Shining Ray: aren't people with Sun or Moon in Capricorn supposed to prefer older partners?!

Capricorn moons are NOT cold!! *throws a hissy fit to prove her point. But seriously cappy moons arent cold its just not always seen as appropriate to be so demonstrative. As cappy moons, or venus for that matter get older they become younger its like reverse ageing. Yound capricorn will quite often date older men but older capricorn likes them younger because they relate better. When I was 20 i dated 40 somethings, at 26 1/2 I married a 21 year old. Now that Im 40 I tend to be attracted to 30-40 year olds (although I havent actually dated anyone over 38 since divorcing).

VENUS

my best friend is an aquarius with a venus in capricorn, and from a little girl she's always had a crush on the dad on sound of music. she explained she loved his authority, status, and how he was so strict. somehow she ends up with younger guys, and no, she never expresses her feelings first, EVER. (in relationships.)

my other best friend is a triple sag, with a venus in cap, and she never seeks men with money, but somehow she always finds 'em. (i guess she is blessed with the "lucky" sag energy) lol

windwispers

haha yea, my venus progressed into aquarius a long time ago. i have my natal mars in saggitarius, which also progressed into cap. awhile ago.

i've always been attracted to the same time of men: older, rebellious, out-doorsy; take a hike with, ride on a motorcycle with, eccentric, witty, possibly twice my age, men.

i can spot them from a great distance, believe it or not lol

windwispers

lol, i know it's hard to believe, but when i like someone it's like an instant attraction, and it's very intense. kindof like beening repeatedly slapped in the face everytime you see that person. with the aqua progression my feeling is similar to yours Jenna Jupiter, where you said you experienced a "50% I loved you from the first day i talked to you and 50% I don't want to get close to you and if i do i get bored." except my experience is more like, "50% I loved you from the first day i talked to you and 50% I don't want to get close to you because i'm not sure i fully trust you, and i'm a little scared you'll get bored."

Hehehe...i'd be glad to introduce you to one when i've spotted him... my sob story is that i usually don't even let myself get close to that person, because i just never trust their loyatly enough.... so you can go ahead and step right in b.c. my romantic life is presently moving at a glacial pace.

jenna, you are right, if you had the chance to make the perfect person, it would absolutely be boring, and you really wouldn't end up learning anything on how to become a more accepting person in the long run.

just a little side note: capricorns have great endurance. i was once asked at my place of work to dig out these huge stone steps that ran about a hundred feet down from the side entrance to our building. each step, and there were about 30 total, was buried under 3-4 feet of sand/dirt. it took me two hours to finish the whole project, going nonstop, without a rest. when my coworkers saw what i had done they couldn't believe it and said "how did you do that? i just would have never had the energy." i told them i was vegan, and they couldn't believe it lol... but secretly i was saying that i was a 6 planet capricorn and so am understandably, full of perserverance, and persistence. so there can be an upside to us, pertaining to certain areas of life....if you get what i'm hinting at, lol

yeah and capricorns like older partners because they like the idea of a more experienced person showing them the moves when it comes to sex... just thought i'd toss that out there:p

AquaAqua

I have a venus in Capricorn (Rx), also one of my friends has a venus in capricorn. From what i have read and experienced here are my observations.

There is a 'connection' with the father. Love or approval is important. Love is not 'gradual' or highly emotional. Its a mix of instinct and highly observative selection process. Venus is capricorn people prefer stable and comfortable relationships (and partners) rather than 'torrid affairs', yet there is a very intense quality to it. Once 'in' love they are quiet lovers (NOT silent) who prefer lots of common ground, stability, tenderness and warmth. Feelings run deep and once committed they can be quiet vulnerable.

On the perceived negative side thier selection process is very earthy and is often based on credibility of partner on grounds of finances/ambition and understanding and appreciation of thier values, something like 'you either understand us or you don't'. (also preffered mode is quiet approval rather than loud rhetoric :)). They find it hard to get along with flighty, dramatic, fickle minded or simple minded folks.

Just my 2 cents

Aqua

the_crabs

Venus in Capricorn handles love so seriously, however she lacks passion and can last a relationship for years, this way. Cappy Venus functions well in many ways because the native is relationship-focused and monogamous. Yet, she is a bit boring and doesn't know how to have fun. One of the parties of the couple should be entertaining. Bringing work to home, being too serious or continually suppresing emotions with logic are the main problems that can arise. Still it is much better than a moon placed cap. In that case the native is too cold and distant, might have been badly influenced by an oppresive, unloving, restrictive and deppresed mother.

AquaAqua

the_crabs said:
moon placed cap. In that case the native is too cold and distant, might have been badly influenced by an oppresive, unloving, restrictive and deppresed mother.

Hey crabs. Any particular source for this sentence?

Thanks

Aqua