Is Fidel Castro Dead?

franklin taylor

Hello,
Although I have an interest in Horary Astrology, I do not really know much about it. I did just ask the question "Is Fidel Castro Dead?" and this is the map of the heavens at the time. Could anyone find anything significant in it.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&&cid=espfileejDMHm-u1116648750&nhor=23317354
I asked the Sabian oracle and it gave;
24 degrees Scropio
Crowds coming down the mountain to listen to one inspired man.

Take Care.
Franklin

pwadm

Staff member
As the leader of a foreign country, Castro is represented by the 10th house counted from the 9th house, that is the 6th house - in Cancer. The Moon is in its exile, in Scorpio, on Serpentis, indicating a most critical situation, meaning that he's still alive. Turned 8th house cusp at 29 Capricorn - that's a sign that death might be very close.

Last edited:

franklin taylor

Hi Arian,
Thank you for the upload.

Radu, Congrats on the birth of your little one. We Cancer Moon natives love nurturing and to nurture. I don't know if it could apply, but I thought I heard the media say he may have a severe intestinal infection? A complication of diverticulitis, a very painful disorder in of itself, is gas gangrene. A very difficult bacteria to treat and in a short amount of time becomes untreatable and terminal as you may or may not know. Cancer rules intestinal disorders. 6th house health concerns. Would the first house Neptune almost in perfect square with that tenth house moon indicate the public (Moon and 10th house) deception (Neptune) or any thing like that? Thanks for the helpful insights.
Later.
Franklin

pwadm

Staff member
This is a most interesting chart. Let me be serious about it.

Indeed as you say the Moon square Neptune is a perfect indicator of infection, because Neptune is considered the natural ruler of infections (they inflitrate unnoticed, give some undefined symptoms, and so on). And the Moon is Fidel Castro's significator in this chart (the Moon rules the 10th house - leader - from the 9th house - foreign country Cuba -).

Redefining house assignments: if Castro is shown in the 6th house (turned 10th from the 9th), then his turned 6th (acute diseases) is the 11th in Sagittarius, his turned 8th (death) is in the 1st in Capricorn and his turned 12th (chronic diseases) is in the 5th in Gemini.

His chronic disease: Mercury is in Cancer in the 6th = his first house. Cancer rules the stomach, which is a PERFECT description for his illness - a chronic stomach disease (could be gastric cancer or ulcer).
Mercury is in applying semisquare with Mars (Mars is quicker than Mercury at this moment) - there're ongoing complications, such as inflamation or others such as a perforation of the stomach which would give infection.
Another indicator of infection: 6th house Venus (a secondary significator of Castro, since Venus is in the quesited's house) in inconjunction with Neptune.
Moon's aspects: square with Neptune, trine with Mercury - indicate infection and then possibly a restoration of the chronic disease as it was.

There're several indications that lead me to think to cancer as his main disease (although he could have easily more than one major disease): his significator, the Moon in Scorpio, Jupiter (turned 6th house ruler) in Scorpio and Pluto in the turned 6th house.

As for the acute part - Jupiter - it separates from a square with the Sun, indicating the stressful surgical procedure he tries to recover from, and now applies to a sextile with Mars. But Mars is also the turned 10th house ruler, which represents the (surgical) cure, so presumably the surgical procedure has reached its goal.

[About Mars, representing the surgical operation he's been through: it is on the "dark side" of the chart's 8th house cusp, which is probably the main reason people considered him dead, as a result/because of this operation.]

Further information on Mars: it is in Virgo therefore disposed by Mercury, the 12th house ruler (chronic diseases). So this may mean that the surgical procedure was performed according to the general health condition and the chronic diseases Castro is suffering from. This is logical. If the diagnostic really was cancer, as there are indicators pointing out, then at his age (79) and his altered state, then this might have been just a palliative surgical technique, not a radical one, meaning that the surgical operation was pointed at relieving the symptoms not curing the disease. Most likely the cancer was overspread or the age and the condition didn't allow a radical cure, so it is likely that the cancer was not completely eliminated, but only put out for a while, so that Castro could live. This is something also suggested by the very nature of Virgo, which is not a "radical cure" sign, but rather a "palliative cure/symptoms relieving" sign.

As for my previous interpretation of the 8th house cusp being at 29 Capricorn, I'd say now that it means that death was very close, he was almost dead but he managed to survive. We see Saturn, turned 8th house ruler, representing death being disposed by the Sun, in a strong condition, in domicile, so it is likely that the death has no power at this moment, since his life energy (the Sun) is so strong. As a news headline said, Castro is a survivor, he already survived several assassination attempts by CIA.
But Neptune in the 8th house cusp is a threat. The abdominal infection (Neptune) in his condition is life-threatening.

Will he survive? For a while, yes. For how long? His significator is the Moon, one of the luminaries (lights). Both luminaries, the Sun and the Moon, are in fixed signs - indicating good stamina, but applying by a conflictual aspect to Neptune - the infection is draining him out of energy. Besides, the Sun is also conjunct Saturn - so the end of the rope is not far. I'm not good at timing but this looks like he still has several months to go.

Last edited:

Carole

Radu:

I still have to learn lots and lots about Horary, so please, help me. Can you explain me why is this chart fit to judge? Can it be considered radical even if the ascendant is at 29 degrees and Saturn shows in the 7th?

Thanks.

pwadm

Staff member
Hi Carole

Of all modern horary authors, I prefer John Frawley's approach on chart radicality: he says that all charts are fit to be judged, given that the question is genuine and all other conditions are met.
The chart may be harder to understand, but again this depends on astrologers' skills.
If horary works by means of synchronicity or the correspondence law (What is above so below), then truly there isn't a single important question whose horary chart isn't radical.
In this case, I don't see any reasons to question Franklin's Taylor way of asking the question.

So the chart is fit to be judged.

It all rounds up to understanding why the ASC is at a such late degree. It's easy: the questioner already knew the official version of Castro being alive, yet due to the reaction of exalted Cuban diaspora in Florida he began to doubt it. So this is what a late ASC means: the querent already knows the answer in some degree...

As for Saturn in the 7th - it doesn't make any difference since the astrologer is the one asking the question, so the astrologer is represented by the 1st house, not the 7th as it would be if a client would have asked the question.

Carole

Hi, Radu!

I deeply appreciate your explanation. I am learning all of this by my own, and it's always a great help to hear what those who know more have to say. It's pretty obvious but I overlooked the fact that the querent was the astrologer in this case.

Thank you!!! :)