Why has he contacted me? What does he want?

rosar

Hello everyone,
There’s this guy who I’ve been sort of seeing, long distance and all. He’s been silent for a week and a half, I guess he’s been going through something, and I thought – well, he’s probably moved on, whatever. And the other day he texted me. My question, naturally, is ‘Why has he contacted me? What does he want?’
Well, I’m Saturn in Capricorn in the 1st house and Venus in Pisces in the 2nd. He’s Moon in Libra in the 9th and Sun in Aries in the 3rd. I know Saturn in the 1st means the chart isn’t radical, but given that it’s the ruler of the Ascendant, I don’t know…
Saturn is upset with the Moon (or disappointed, angry – sort of true. He’s been soooo distant, I figured he didn’t care, hence the disappointment). Saturn exalted in Libra - he’s apparently into me. Both Venus and Sun are about to change signs – we’ll probably see each other in a little over a week, and it sort of makes sense, Venus in Aries and Sun in Taurus, both sexually attracted to each other. Also, Saturn square Moon at 2,13 degrees – again, makes sense, that’s when things had gotten weird (two weeks ago or so) for some reason before he disappeared.
What do you think? Does my interpretation make any sense? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 43

IleneK

Premium Member
It looks like you are using reception according to John Frawley and I use the more traditional reception which infers the opposite. So Moon in LI and Saturn in CP would say to me that he is not liking the sign that you/Saturn wear, and that you as Saturn are really over the top about him. So I am not sure if his texting was favorable. What was its content? By that I mean, was it just "What's up?" or something like that, or did he text with any particular intent?

I would like to add, by the way, that I have seen both methods of reception employed very well, so I am not disputing your use, only indicating that I do not use it.

So, overall your interpretation makes sense to me, except that we see reception differently. And I would only add that Saturn in the 1st does not mean a chart is not radical; it means it does not bode well for the party signified by the first house. But if Saturn is a significator in the question, then this does not hold true.

rosar

It looks like you are using reception according to John Frawley and I use the more traditional reception which infers the opposite. So Moon in LI and Saturn in CP would say to me that he is not liking the sign that you/Saturn wear, and that you as Saturn are really over the top about him. So I am not sure if his texting was favorable. What was its content? By that I mean, was it just "What's up?" or something like that, or did he text with any particular intent?

I would like to add, by the way, that I have seen both methods of reception employed very well, so I am not disputing your use, only indicating that I do not use it.

So, overall your interpretation makes sense to me, except that we see reception differently. And I would only add that Saturn in the 1st does not mean a chart is not radical; it means it does not bode well for the party signified by the first house. But if Saturn is a significator in the question, then this does not hold true.

Thank you for responding! Yes, I was using receptions according to Frawley. Can you tell me more about the ones you're using? Or recommend a book maybe? I'm really curious.

So far Frawley's receptions have been accurate for me. In this case, I'm not exactly sure I've got feelings for him, at least no rose-coloured glasses, as exaltation would indicate to. When he texted, it was not just "What's up?", he did ask me about my plans for the upcoming trip etc, the whole thing was him asking questions and me answering, I was too disappointed to ask anything myself.
I will get back to you in a couple of weeks, let's see how the trip goes and what he's going to do.

Chrysalis

When moon in 9th was trine his L5/mars, this was the okay stage. But mars is also in aversion to you saturn, to me this means awkwardness, being unsure, there's attraction but you seem too different. This is further signified by the then applying square to you/saturn. This is why there was silence, it was a re-evaluation time for him.

The trip will happen moon/jup sextile, but im not seeing things lasting with him much after this, with the then Full moon.

I'd just like to add that venus your L5, you would hope to see in a nice aspect to you/saturn, moon or sun for this to carry on in a good way, but all venus is doing is edging closer to changing signs, which puts her then in her detriment and in the fall of you saturn, this highlights even further that this situation between you and this guy will end up being a no go. And id say it would be to do with indifference in personalities.

Last edited:

rafaella

Hello everyone,
There’s this guy who I’ve been sort of seeing, long distance and all. He’s been silent for a week and a half, I guess he’s been going through something, and I thought – well, he’s probably moved on, whatever. And the other day he texted me. My question, naturally, is ‘Why has he contacted me? What does he want?’
Well, I’m Saturn in Capricorn in the 1st house and Venus in Pisces in the 2nd. He’s Moon in Libra in the 9th and Sun in Aries in the 3rd. I know Saturn in the 1st means the chart isn’t radical, but given that it’s the ruler of the Ascendant, I don’t know…
Saturn is upset with the Moon (or disappointed, angry – sort of true. He’s been soooo distant, I figured he didn’t care, hence the disappointment). Saturn exalted in Libra - he’s apparently into me. Both Venus and Sun are about to change signs – we’ll probably see each other in a little over a week, and it sort of makes sense, Venus in Aries and Sun in Taurus, both sexually attracted to each other. Also, Saturn square Moon at 2,13 degrees – again, makes sense, that’s when things had gotten weird (two weeks ago or so) for some reason before he disappeared.
What do you think? Does my interpretation make any sense? Thank you in advance

We cant see degrees in this chart so I don't know whether Moon/Saturn are separating or applying...or is Saturn conjunct SN?

But looking at receptions Moon exalts Saturn, he has interest in you, putting you on a pedestal yet to me its like having, as you said, rose coloured glasses. Saturn in its own 1st house and detriment of Moon, you on the other hand not too interested in him, also being a superior planet Saturn overpowers Moon. There is also opposition to Sun happening... plus reception between Sun and Saturn is opposite to that of Moon, so it seems he has mixed interest in you, doesn't want you physically yet needs the emotional connection. Its almost he doesn't like women in general or has some fears, as Sun in detriment of Venus, looks like he has issues perhaps with femininity and sexuality.

Last edited: