Is he happy in his life right now?

So, I did this horary chart thinking I would be able to interpret it myself, but realized I have no idea how to interpret these kind of questions about someone else. I also thought it was a pretty interesting chart overall seeing his significator is the Moon in the 1st house conjunct my significator Saturn. He also has a perfect applying trine to Venus in his 7th (I sometimes read Venus in the 7th as a female partner/fling). Yeah ... it's just interesting somehow.

What would you guys say? Is he happy in his life right now?

https://i.imgur.com/aIZGdzr.png

IleneK

Premium Member
If we judge how one is feeling based on the essential dignity of their significator, then I would say he/Moon is not particularly happy or unhappy. Just kind of untethered, wandering in the feeling realm with neither dignity nor detriment, but what is described as peregrine. You can google it to get a clearer idea of his state.

If we judge how one is feeling based on the essential dignity of their significator, then I would say he/Moon is not particularly happy or unhappy. Just kind of untethered, wandering in the feeling realm with neither dignity nor detriment, but what is described as peregrine. You can google it to get a clearer idea of his state.

That's really interesting IleneK! Thank you! I immediately looked it up and the description for a peregrine planet seemed very fitting for this kind of question:

In a horary chart, a peregrine planet might symbolize a suspicious stranger, or an unusual, unsettling situation. In a modern interpretation of a natal chart, the peregrine planet may be very original and unique in its expression, but lacking in socialization or desire to fit in with other people.

I wonder why his significator is conjunct mine though? Wouldn't that possibly indicate a positive answer as you usually read applying contacts with significators as a 'yes'. Hmm. But perhaps the nature of the question makes those kinds of contacts less important. Either way, the peregrine planet seems like a plausible answer reading the description. I haven't talked to him in a while, so I'm not sure how things are going for him right now (hence the question obviously), but it's difficult to validate or the opposite.

Thank you so much again for pointing this out!

IleneK

Premium Member
That's really interesting IleneK! Thank you!

I wonder why his significator is conjunct mine though? !

You are welcome.

Well, if he is not in a relationship with you, then the 7th from the 7th [or the radical 1st house] may be the current relationship he is in, if he is in one. Then Saturn would be that woman.

And this chart would say to me that she/Saturn is strong in this matter by essential dignity, that she likes him, receives him well by reception. And that he is interested in her, based on being in her house, and she is self-interested being in her own house. In all of this he is kind of lost in terms of feelings due to his significator being peregrine.

Things are pretty late in the game in his current relationship [if there is one] with the rising point at such a late degree. Like it's a done deal. Maybe he knows/sees the writing on the wall about how he feels, or his ambivalence, perhaps. And he/Moon applies to trine Venus [which is in his/7th house] so maybe someone else is in the wings or in his line of vision.

That's one possible story.

Wouldn't that possibly indicate a positive answer as you usually read applying contacts with significators as a 'yes'.

No, it wouldn't.
It all depends upon the question, and your question was "Is he happy with his life?" That is one significator, him, Moon. So the applying aspect between you [or someone else, depending upon who the 1st house signified] has no relevance in this delineation. There was no question asked of those two significators.

Last edited:
Thank you so much again for elaborating! I can't find that much information on how to read charts that doesn't involve the quesitor so it's interesting to hear some interpretation suggestions.

Though I had a couple of thoughts when reading your response so I'll just throw those out there: Doesn't the 7th house represent the quesited only in so far that they are opposite of the quesitor? I.e. couldn't he then (if I'm as the asker is out of the equation all together) just as well be represented by the 1st house himself? Thus suggesting him being strong in his house? What else would make him a 7th house person if it isn't in relation to me? (Do you see what I mean or am I complicating things? :sideways:)

I namely saw a response in the thread about Britney Spear's conservatorship in which they used Britney as the ruler of ASC and thought: if the 1st house isn't representing me, what's stopping it from representing him? Since he becomes the main character of the chart?

Other than that, I'm not sure if he's in a relationship since he's not the type of person who posts stuff like that online so it's difficult for me to know. I would assume so, just because most people seem to be in a relationship these days :whistling:. I can't tell you the last time I met someone over the age of 30 who's single, so I'm assuming he's moved on to a new relationship.

Yeah, those are my reflections! Thank you so much either way for contributing with your interpretation.

IleneK

Premium Member
You are welcome. My replies are in blue below.

Thank you so much again for elaborating! I can't find that much information on how to read charts that doesn't involve the quesitor so it's interesting to hear some interpretation suggestions.

Though I had a couple of thoughts when reading your response so I'll just throw those out there: Doesn't the 7th house represent the quesited only in so far that they are opposite of the quesitor?

No. If you were asking about an ex-bf and his current gf, and you were not part of the question, then bf would be 7th and his gf would be the 7th from the 7th, or the 1st.

I.e. couldn't he then (if I'm as the asker is out of the equation all together) just as well be represented by the 1st house himself? Thus suggesting him being strong in his house? What else would make him a 7th house person if it isn't in relation to me? (Do you see what I mean or am I complicating things? :sideways:)

I see what you mean, and the answer is no. If you are out of the question, your ex-bf is still the 7th.

I namely saw a response in the thread about Britney Spear's conservatorship in which they used Britney as the ruler of ASC and thought: if the 1st house isn't representing me, what's stopping it from representing him? Since he becomes the main character of the chart?

That just is not how horary works.

Thanks for further elaborating IleneK! That cleared some things up. And at closer examination, about the Britney Spears chart, I think they might not have used Venus a significator due to it being ruler of ASC but because it's the "general female significator" (possibly). So I think I got that confused.

I wish I was better at reading my own horary charts but I have some more reading up to do before I'll get the hang of it!

IleneK

Premium Member
I like how you are thinking about the subject matter. It's good to make mistakes or go down paths that lead nowhere. That is how you learn. That is how you know you are learning.
Good work.