Full Moon- December 12, 2008

tsquare

Well this one looks interesting.
No time to upload a chart.
Moon in Gemini, Full, opposite mars and sun conj.

Mercury is conj pluto.

There are some really interesting aspects this date.

Sun mars Conj. included in a grand cross of Uranus Saturn and the Full moon.

neptune is sextile the mars sun conj.
inconjunct Saturn
trine the full moon.

Cast a noon chart for the date of December 12th 08.
What do you think?

Mercury is also conj. Pluto.

All of these aspects are very tight.

The aspects look quite tough.

the new moon looks intersting as well....
mars conj. Pluto, conj. sun,
Mercury and Jupiter are conj.
Venus and neptune are conj.
And all these are very tight conj.s'

December is an Interesting month....

Wish I had more time to look these over......:(

Maybe it will be a heads up for those interested.

Cheers,
TS

I think there may be some violence during this full moon. Just a thought...explosions.
For the New moon...starts...but starts of what?
I don't know the moon too well...and for someone with the moon in the first house, and for being a cancer sun....this is very stupid of me.

Squapius

Banned
Hi Tsquare.

12.12.2008 <--Chart

I uploaded the chart.
Well tell me if it´s useful.
The planets are placed as you said in the chart I posted, but the asc is not the same. I don´t know why that happened. Maybe you can tell me the reason and I fix it.

I will make an astrological observation later (I´m tired and I have work to do now).

Last edited:

tsquare

I uploaded the chart.
Well tell me if it´s useful.
I will make an astrological observation later (I´m tired and I have work to do now).

thanks for putting it up.
I have a few things I'm working on right now as well.
chart looks interesting, doesn't it.

I looked for events earlier today for the 12th.
Quite a few movies coming out, but I never came across anything too interesting.....there is the Che series of movies having their first showing in New York.
There is that new Vampire movie, and also there is the new movie with that guy from the matrix, Reeves in it.(can never spell his first name.)
I can be horrible with names at times...even if I care....(laugh)

Other then movies I can't find anything of interest......need more time...just seen it and posten on it fast...I don't know enough...but my first intuitive guess by looking at the sky on the 12th is that it simply looks tough.
Mars square uranus
Sun square uranus
THose are interesting aspects...I think of violence as a possibility...or idealism in some conflict with agression, or will, then there is saturn...and the uranus saturn opposition has come under much talk over the elections...so there is that alone in the charts as of now that is intersting....now throw in mars and sun conj Tsquare...and that enough is intersting....then a full moon at opposition with the aspectm trine, from neptune.....it's intersting....don't know what to make of it.

Full moons can indicate explossions and violent tempers...I've read of this, someone did a personal study on the moon cycles, and found the new moon to be more implosive and the full moon to be exposive when it came to world events...I was reading through some of his stuff on the moon and I though tI may as well look at what it's doing next...whens the next full moon, and I was a bit suprised to see it opposite mars and sun conj. and caught up in that saturn uranus opposition...I never know how this stuff is going to turn out...but id say tempers may be unstable. It's a wild guess.

I'm going to watch it happen, and see what does, I want to see what happens in the world a few days before and after the full moon...
I'll have my eye of Georgia, & Russia.
Also Tibet.
The Dalai Lama has decided to give up on talks with China and is looking to retire. That caught my eye.
There is another solar eclipse over India next July. I need to look at this some more, especially after the Georgia Russia conflict that occured arround the 1st of August....and I want to look at the moon some more to see just what is going on with it.
Looking for better ways to keep track of it...calenders, programs...etc...and I'm a bit more curious about the moon right now.

I'm nowhere near an expert on the moon, not even close, i've barely started...so I'd be interested to see what someoe who pays allot of atention to it and what they would say.
For example: How does the full moon act in aspect.....?
I'm not sure.
Personally i have expereinced conflicts on full moons, and I have witnessed conflicts...but I don't have allot of data on it...just some light personal observation and some light shock in seeing that it was a full moon the time of the event...people get a short fuse, etc...so I don't know....well see how it goes. I'd like to set up some kind of research on mooncycles....but I' don't have the means, or knowledge to do so right now.
thanks for posting the chart though.....saves me a step, and I've been having some trouble uploading files with imageshack.....takes me forever lately..and I'm also swamped with other work.

Thanks,
TS

gesso

The full moon on dec 12 , USA (SAG chart)

-moon is conjunct USA mars (opposing sun and mars in sag.)
-saturn will be a degree from USA neptune-22 virgo, and squaring mars
have a look...sorry about my extra points if they are too distracting

USAdec12.jpg

this chart has a quickly approaching nodal opposition (april-something)

neat little tidbit......
"the moon will be closer to Earth than it’s been in the last 15 years.
The moon will be less than 357,000 kilometers – or 222,000 miles – away. After today, the moon won’t come this close to Earth for another 8 years."
www.earthsky.org/radioshow...e-march-93

Extreme Perigees:
The last time the moon was less than 356,400 kilometers distant was on January 15, 1930 (356,397 kilometers) and the next time will be on January 1, 2257 (356,371 kilometers), p. 39, More Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, by Jean

gesso

This mutable grande cross is VERY intense energies going on...and all planets are direct for most of dec (until saturn goes rx at the end of dec)

flea

my birthday is on the 10th and my sister the 12th.... I suppose though not hitting the full moon, wont be quite so full on. MAybe I check back with you in a year and see what major things happened for us.

The t-square has been ponderous for me I must say.

FleaXX

tsquare

Ahhh..almost solar return time for you. :)
Those are fun..
I was just looking at mine tonight and the upcoming eclipse for next year that I will have...can't find a anything on it yet....I suppose I'll have to wait a while...but I'm curious about it, soon enough I suppose.

It should be interesting for you....I hope it goes well.
Happy Birthday If I don't catch it later.

Cheers,
TS

Gesso:
This mutable grande cross is VERY intense energies going on...and all planets are direct for most of dec (until saturn goes rx at the end of dec)

I know...wild isn't it.:)
I wish I knew how to read into it more....
Interesting that the moon is so low, it should be huge when it's full...

It;s also interesting too see the position of the US mars in relation to this event.
Thanks for posting this...you read my mind.
I wanted to look at this...but I deleted the US chart I had, and didn't want to put it back in, I'm out of room in my astro account and now have to weed out a few charts to fit anything new in.....or I have to finally buy some new softwear.:eek: BUY SOFTWEAR!!:eek: I'm a cheep *******.
What are you using? The charts look nice.

unfccc.int/meetings/cop_14/items/4481.php thought this was interesting. Started on the new moon, concludes on the full moon. I created a chart with the exact time of the eclipse(5:37pm, 12 Dec) in Proznan, Poland where this meeting is happening and it places uranus on the MC...

Links busted...
This should be interesting....
The Uranus and saturn opposition is intesting enough the way it is..with uranus on the MC..hmmm...this is kind of fun.

Thanks for sharing this.
But what eclipse are you talking about?

Squapius

Banned
Hi Tsquare.

Apparently this chart seems to show that something important is going to happen. The squares may indicate that some tension seeks release. It looks like the plotting of something of great impact that is going to develop very slowly (but this is only an impression I have).

You know? You are the one who is feeling curious. Maybe we can find some significators of the moment you thought about this full moon day. When did you thought about this or when did you had this doubt for the first time? What where you thinking when this came up to your mind? We can get the horary chart and then we look for significators and we can have a clue about what is and where that important thing is going to happen.
Well, now I don´t think that doing the horary makes much sense, but at some point I thought that was a good idea.

I want to know more things about the lunar nodes and cycles too. Those are important.

Tsquare said:
Full moons can indicate explossions and violent tempers...I've read of this, someone did a personal study on the moon cycles, and found the new moon to be more implosive and the full moon to be exposive when it came to world events.
Is that true? Why?

gesso

hey t-square :cheers:
thanks..i am using Solar Fire Gold...been trying it out for a few months now and i really love it.
I love the ability to make custom charts, and the calendar feature. It can bring up in seconds for you, a (printable) calendar of your choice in timespan (day up to month) of your choice of different transits that you wish to see. Its been an addictive program

I am trying not to be jumpy here..but i really have to wonder what is going to go down in the next month (and following) for the US and others...
India's chart (mubai incident) is looking pretty intense right now too
Pluto has moved into tighter opposition to their natal mars at 0'34 CAN....

(Mars in mundane : The armed forces and police; violent crime, war, industrial concerns; when associated with Uranus may cause explosions, terrorism; with Neptune, treachery. Divisive elements in society.)
Stationary uranus no doubt involved...

India has progressed moon quincunx AC exact nov 26,
prog merc (in the 6th) square venus, (also exact nov 26,)
It also looks like their p.moon just made a sign change at the beginning of nov...into scorpio
Their moon is headed for a conjunction to their progressed venus though, end of dec

India's chart with transits for yesterday http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/_streetspirit_/india.jpg

Mercury: News media and the Press, literature, all schools leading up to higher education; the post office and means of communication; political speeches, opinion polls, transportation.
Moon : The population, the popular mood; national security needs, basic necessities, women's issues, agriculture.
Venus : Art -painters, sculptors and musicians, entertainment, celebrities and high society, fashion, culture, beauty, women, money and wealth; contributes to national happiness. Victory in war.

hopefully good news then...? :p

On a personal note..The pluto/merc conjunction at the time of this full moon, is RIGHT on my natal mercury in the 11th (ruler of my 4th, 5th, and co-ruler 7th house) exact...trining my natal north node in the 7th

The Sun will be conjunct my natal neptune in the 10th at the time of the full moon
So the grand square will highlight my 4th, 10th, and 1st and 7th houses
(which makes sense because i am focusing on looking for new work at this time

What i am not sure of, is if a person should take transits to progs seriously, cause i have the transiting north node conjunct my progressed sun in the 1st at this time.
When the north node was on my natal venus(1st), it just made me more sociable :p

Last edited:

tsquare

Hi Tsquare.

Apparently this chart seems to show that something important is going to happen. The squares may indicate that some tension seeks release. It looks like the plotting of something of great impact that is going to develop very slowly (but this is only an impression I have).

You know? You are the one who is feeling curious. Maybe we can find some significators of the moment you thought about this full moon day. When did you thought about this or when did you had this doubt for the first time? What where you thinking when this came up to your mind? We can get the horary chart and then we look for significators and we can have a clue about what is and where that important thing is going to happen.
Well, now I don´t think that doing the horary makes much sense, but at some point I thought that was a good idea.

I thought the same thing at one point...and then it seemed kind of silly...not sure why, I just was in thought of the China situation with Tibet, and how that is going, then I thought of the solar eclipse on my birthday and how that is going to be over China, and I also thought of the fighting that broke out in Georgia near the last solar eclipse.....fighting started to increase around eclipse time..."invasion" wasn't till later...I put it in quotes becuase I really don't know how it "started"(laugh)...it's an old conflict and as far as how it all got going..the pieces at play...and the players...I'm not sure of...I do know it became world news around the 12th and a little earlier....started around the games...so that was the 8th....yeah...I can't recall the exact date of the conflict off the top of my head...but it was around the time of the eclipse on August 1st....I'm sure ther is an agreed upon "start".

About a few weeks ago, just as I was getting off of the forum for a while, someone emailed me something on the moon, and I thought of it then, they kind of made me pay more attention to it...so it's really nothing significant...I just thought of looking it up and was surprised to find it in the aspects that it was in.

I've been thinking of a December forecast...a basic one...one covering world events. just too see what is going on around the full moon......
January is important because Jupiter moves into Aquarius in January.....so I want to watch for that......see what occurs, I thought of Obama taking office in January, and then I thought maybe this new moon may be a start of negative activity in the East. Fighting, or maybe Bush would start a few things up before leaving office.
I have to look at allot of charts, ad I don't have decent softwear....like...when is the sun conj jupiter and in what sign...
I want to watch planetary transits more now for some reason, and those transits in aspect to natals, or the charts of nations......I'd like to squeeze the moon in there too, as a study..and I'm just kind of working out the best way to do that now.

I want to know more things about the lunar nodes and cycles too. Those are important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsquare
Full moons can indicate explossions and violent tempers...I've read of this, someone did a personal study on the moon cycles, and found the new moon to be more implosive and the full moon to be exposive when it came to world events.

Is that true? Why?

Not sure. I haven't done the study myself.
He has a few different ideas, that include some things people may find far out...having to do with gateways, interdimenional stuff, attacts, etc, and windows of opportunity for magic, etc.....different things...he covers quite a few different angles on the moon, even ones that make astrogers cringe, (laugh)...(I like that, willingness to look at things from POV's that are uncomfortable) and he has some basic theory...I may share it, but I wonder of the result of that, would it be rejected or not.
They arn't my views because I don't really have too many yet, but I thought much of it was intersting and I like some of his other writing on other various subjects.

IT seems he sort of just stumbled upon the moon to study it, he never really planned it, just noticed that there were odd times when bad things would cure with people..he was a moderator on a board, and he somehow traced it to the moon cycles and was surprised so he did a study and was a bit shocked ot find things really did occur during the full and new moon.
It's kind of a new idea to me to follow it so closely..
I ignore the moon in some respects.
I don't do Lunar returns.
I don't look for lunar eclipses.
I don't follow the lunar phases.
I have always just looked at where it is in a chart and looked to see if it would indicate the psychology of teh individual...their emotions...or their mind, or brain in some way...
The guy I mention, he brings up times where people basically loose their equilibrium...and I noticed one day, it was when the moon was in Aries, it may have been a full moon, pretty sure it was...October...i'm kind of in a rush now so not being specific..but I got into an argument....it was over quick but really I just felt more impulsive and well...fiery...angry...explosive..and I wanted to get into a fight with someone...anyone...just to argue...it was strange, and invigorating, but unproductive...so we argued for a bit and it was nothing...but I had to find out why, so I looked it up, and there was the moon in Aries...it was night so I went out, and right off the ground, just right above the trees, to the east was the moon, it was huge, and full, and I thought.....wow...(laugh)

So as far as personal observation, certaity and research, that's all I have, it was really intersting to notice it....but there is allot of other observations out there...I thought this would be a neat way to study one somehow....collect events from around that time..and just see if things a little bit out of the ordinary occur.
It's kind of weird coming up with the best ways to do this......I really should just write the guy I know of and ask him..
There are all different kinds of moons with different names...this one is called the Cold Moon, being it's in December...and well..I suppose cold...and there are different names for even this moon....so this is all new to me, and I'm looking things over......it's kind of short notice...but it's an interesting set of aspects....even Neptune which is out of the grand cross, aspects the grand cross in many ways.....trine the full moon for example...so I thought drugs..and of people escaping the pressure of the aspects...But I don't think it can be read as a natal chart.........it's bigger then that......so if there are charts, like what Gesso did....I thought that would be interesting...and if there are specific meetings around these days...at the least 2 days before and after I thought those would be interesting to look at.

I'll see if I can copy and paste some of that other fellows data on what he found over to here, and drop a link...I havn't read it for a while now..I scanned it a day ago...but I have to look it over again.
Following he moon is what sparked his interest in astrology it seems, and I don't see too much writing on astrology form him as of lately..but I ahve allot of people I sort of watch, and I havn't looked at his stuff for a while.

Maybe i'll do it tonight...no promises.

In my solar return during the total solar eclipse next july, the sun is conj. the SN.....I have no idea how the nodes work or even what they are.LOL...
I just think of them as some kind of goal axis that is at the most a mystery to me.
I have read interpretations of them, and find them to be eeringly accurate...but just as to how they work....relaly HOW they work...I have no idea.

I'm working with 56K so putting up charts takes forever, and with the softwear setbacks........it's slow...not sure if ther really is enough time to do anything too intesting with this moon....as far as observation and what time allows..but for the first time, looking into the full moon a bit deeper, and the cylces, and just coming across what is there......I'm quite suprised and the stuff on the moon looks very intesting....it's just that all of the data is slightly overwealming, and i fewar it's all gone through a bad case of telephone...being altered and changed throught time...and I want to try to get accurate data for information.....and how it was used, etc....beyond the agred upon translations.......and that takes allot of time and digging.....knowing me I want it done now.(laugh)....but it will take some time. To do it right anyhow..

Personally I like the idea of it opening up inution, but also openeing up one to other influences...which could indicate it's use in magical works....like gateways, telepathic activity, and of ther eare people who tap into this knowingly...well...there could be some world power issues....in general.

I can't emember if I posted that with the sun and mars conj in sag, I thought of expansion in it's own right...and I thought that with it opposite the moon, as a maybe, maybe there would be more outspokeness that gets out of hand...and anything basically timed to that uranus saturn opposition is going to be effects..........so that aspect alone is intersting....there aree allot of aspects to look at and then work on gathering the big picture..and the various effects of the aspects.

Just ideas on how I would do it...but probably wont too much...don't hav the charts, or the time to do proper research....but will be watching it for ure and maybe poking at it as I go allogn with other things up tipp the date before and, well, if anything happens, during.

I've had a sense of doom for some time now, and before the eclipse over china and Tibet, Russia, etc. I thought there would be somethig that would go on there....and they did have the games arround that time, and ther ewere the protests, etc. Tibetin protests, and ther was the Russia Georgia conficts...and It was intersting too see it all kind of flare up durring that new moon...I think ti was a new moon solar eclipse....I need more study and to clear up terminology....

The moon is important...probably more then I like, it moves arround so fast, so it's always seemed to me hard to follow....well see how it goes in teh future.

I'll post those other observations of what I had read now.

rogue_red

have fixed the broken link oh and no eclipse, i meant to say full moon.

Not feeling so good today. I hate worshipping porcelan:(

tsquare

Here is some of that article, they are the views of that author.

link is here:

http://montalk.net/matrix/114/food-for-the-moon

Personal Observations

Studying the mythological and esoteric meaning of the moon is mere entertainment if no practical understanding comes from it. One can easily get absorbed in the arcane and lose sight of its application in the real world. So I was fortunate to have observed the lunar influence for myself before reading anything about it, and based on these observations I developed some practical solutions.
This began with my early experiences as moderator of an alternative discussion group on the internet. Having been a member of several forums previously, I was aware of the various pitfalls and how theoretically to avoid them. Putting theory into practice required close observation, foresight, and a case-by-case system of moderation. Over the months I was forced to deal with various disruptors of varying degrees of cunning, each of which played key roles in setting up and triggering a period of emotional turmoil.

After numerous months of this, it finally dawned on me that these disruptive episodes followed a cyclical pattern, always one or two incidents per month on the same set of days that would gradually shift later in the month with each passing month. So it was nine months of observation that made me realize there was order behind the chaos. Furthermore, trouble wasn’t limited to the forum; often it occurred elsewhere such as in my personal life or with my family, on other message boards, and with friends and their families — anyplace at all, but only during certain predictable days of the month.
That these key days shifted a little each month implied that perhaps it has something to do with the moon phases, since full and new moon dates do shift gradually from month to month thanks to our messed up calendar system. So I took the nine months of records and checked them against a moon calendar: sure enough, the disruptive incidents happened consistently within two and a half days from new or full moon.
But there was another pattern: early on the incidents generally took place before the new or full moon, then they happened during, and in later months they arose after. I found out that this latter pattern involved moon perigee and apogee, times of the month when the moon was closest or farthest away from the earth. Trouble days occurred between the new/full and perigee/apogee dates. For instance, if new moon was on the 23rd and perigee was on the 27th, then the disruption would predictably take place around the 25th.
This much I had figured out by October 2004. By constructing a calendar with days shaded according to their proximity to lunar perigee or apogee and new or full moon, I was able to test the theory over the next several months. It was utterly disturbing to watch disruptions take place on schedule month after month during the predicted days and never outside of those days. And it wasn’t just me seeing what I wanted to see because when learning lessons of an emotionally charged nature arise, there is no mistaking or ignoring them. Additionally, I started with nine months of unbiased records in which a pattern was clearly evident before I ever suspected the moon might be involved; the data speaks for itself.
Putting this knowledge to practical use involved predicting and preparing for disruptive days, understanding that during heavy lunar influences things might not be as they seem, and remembering that emotional buttons are far more sensitive during such days. Moderating the forum became a game of nailing the timing, nature, and plot of the upcoming disruption in order to head it off, sometimes with success and sometimes without depending on how sneaky the plot was and how well I could decipher the synchronistic omens and symbolic warning dreams preceding these impending obstacles.
The process usually played out as follows: within a week or two leading up to an incident I would be given dreams containing symbolic clues about the themes and characters involved, then I would reference the moon chart to get an idea of the timing, and finally within a day I would receive numerous synchronicities informing me the event was close at hand. Lately I have begun incorporating astrological aspects (planetary alignments) to gain additional insight on the timing and theme.
While this system may seem delusional to the casual reader, it was derived using a process of observation, hypothesis, testing, and refinement. That this system has been applied successfully in all areas of my life to reduce stress and redundant obstacles, improved my skills as moderator and kept the forum impervious to permanent disruption, and continues to correctly predict when mechanical tendencies are amplified is proof to me of its validity and practicality.

Squapius

Banned
Tsquare said:
He covers quite a few different angles on the moon, even ones that make astrogers cringe, (laugh)...(I like that, willingness to look at things from POV's that are uncomfortable) and he has some basic theory...I may share it, but I wonder of the result of that, would it be rejected or not.
That happens to me a lot. Sometimes I have something to say, and I think it could be rejected because it´s not based in very technical astrology insights. It´s more of a mystical opinion blended to a bit of imagination.

The guy I mention, he brings up times where people basically loose their equilibrium...and I noticed one day, it was when the moon was in Aries, it may have been a full moon, pretty sure it was...October...i'm kind of in a rush now so not being specific..but I got into an argument....it was over quick but really I just felt more impulsive and well...fiery...angry...explosive..and I wanted to get into a fight with someone...anyone...just to argue...it was strange, and invigorating, but unproductive...so we argued for a bit and it was nothing...but I had to find out why, so I looked it up, and there was the moon in Aries...it was night so I went out, and right off the ground, just right above the trees, to the east was the moon, it was huge, and full, and I thought.....wow...(laugh)
That never happens to me, not that I knew. The moon transits do not create a big effect on me. But I feel venus transits very trongly, and I hate it. A transit that really impacted me was the entering of mars into scorpio about a month ago...and I even joined a pr0n site XD but when venus entered to scorpio too, all the happiness and crazy stuff died (I´m sorry...back to the full moon theme).

I need to search for more moon nodes and moon phases articles for I could also keep on posting in my Conception & inherited family aspects thread, that is very interesting by the way.

even Neptune which is out of the grand cross, aspects the grand cross in many ways.....trine the full moon for example...so I thought drugs..and of people escaping the pressure of the aspects...But I don't think it can be read as a natal chart.
Maybe, as neptune is trining the moon, some of this tension that has been created by delaying some pending responsabilities will seek release by a violent and impulsive display of negligence (mars/sun squaring uranus) and a necesity of escaping from the situation by destroying something (saturn square mercury/pluto conj entering capricorn)...in a subconscious attempt of getting things more clear.
It could represent drugs, but as you said it couldn´t work because that is at a personal level.

Personally I like the idea of it opening up inution, but also openeing up one to other influences...which could indicate it's use in magical works....like gateways, telepathic activity, and of ther eare people who tap into this knowingly...well...there could be some world power issues....in general.
Then we would have to submit to the spirituality and mysteries thread and get more into neptune and pluto studies...yep. And very deep horary analysis.

Last edited:

Squapius

Banned
Tsquare said:
So I took the nine months of records and checked them against a moon calendar: sure enough, the disruptive incidents happened consistently within two and a half days from new or full moon...
...But there was another pattern: early on the incidents generally took place before the new or full moon, then they happened during, and in later months they arose after.

Some astrology studies say that new moon symbolizes a begining and the full moon symbolizes the culminant point of that begining. Maybe, our organism and its blood and celular processes are tightly bound to the moon cycles as the sea tides are to it.
This pattern you have found, this events that happen once in a month and then come to rise again in later months...when those events happen, the moon is passing through its new/full phases, the moon is placed in a sign. Then the moon rolls over the entire zodiac a couple of times making returns and the new and full moons get placed in other signs. And I think this is like a progression. The internal emotional issue madurates or developes, and manifestates again when it´s new/full moon. This displays of emotion can be outlets for the moon progression...I don´t know if this could be a progression. The natal chart has a full progression process that goes on during a lot of time, but the moon returns could cause a development in a shorter scale of time.

The process usually played out as follows: within a week or two leading up to an incident I would be given dreams containing symbolic clues about the themes and characters involved, then I would reference the moon chart to get an idea of the timing, and finally within a day I would receive numerous synchronicities informing me the event was close at hand. Lately I have begun incorporating astrological aspects (planetary alignments) to gain additional insight on the timing and theme.

This is interesting and fascinating...there is no doubt that the moon has a very close relation to our organism.

Can you tell me please more about the lunar apogees and perigees?