sun square neptune... equals father?

brooke24

Hi every one

I have a Question!! I have sun square Neptune in the natal chart and i have read it means you may have had a difficult relationship with the father? It also says you may be into drugs or other 'fantasy' escapism (which i am definitely not into) ..Neptune is in the 10th house (i have wondered if this affects it) Also my dad is an Aries moon and myself a Libra moon.

it is also strange as my mother is in opposition with my brothers moon like dad and i (Gemini and Sagittarius- yet i trine my mothers moon, brother trines fathers moon)

Does anyone else have sun square Neptune? If so do you have odd or difficult relations with your father?

Vagabondgirl

I have Moon square Neptune. My mother was absent from most of my childhood. I had a idealistic picture of her being perfect and everything, before we got more contact again when I was a bit older. She wasnt into drugs or anything like that, but had several husbands and many children. Many kids got hurt when she disappeared.

So Im guessing there is something similar with Sun representing father?

kacena

I have this, my relationship with my father is very difficult. He was moody, abusive and agressive and I was relieved after he finally left. This square means escapism and I like to fantasise a lot.
I think because of the sun, this square refers to the father figure.

brooke24

thanks for the replies..sounds like the aspect meaning is correct from what you have all said about your father and you. My dad and i have temperamental clashes and he is also a narcissist. My friend is 6 days younger than me and has sun square Neptune but her father is so lovely, normal and sweet...yet she often expressed dissatisfaction with him for various reasons ..

lazarusx

I have Sun opposite Neptune, but a similar situation.

My father was absent for most of my childhood.. he was always working away from home, a bond was never really developed between us.. we are very different people.. we dont get along too well, sometimes but not for long.

I've also dealt with drug use in my late teens, and aspects of escapism in the past, but i've moved on from this since then.. i do still however struggle with responsibility, and spend more time 'day-dreaming' then getting anything done, fantasy has always been far more appealing then reality for me.

Last edited:

ziggurat

I have Sun quincunx Neptune; Neptune is also in the 10th. That is part of what I take to be my father in my chart. Also, on the other side, I have Saturn (5th) conjunct my Cancer sun (6th), and Sun is focal point of an intense T-square. I am not sure how it fits together, but these aggregate into something of a father-picture. I had a very difficult experience with my father.

My father is an addict, and though my mother chose to stay married to him, most certainly was functionally absent. There were years growing up when he actually lived in a different state altogether. He was also emotionally abusive, manipulative, rigid and unstable. We are still "together" as a family, but nominally so.

Escapism is certainly part of my life, mainly in the form of film, fantasy, art, music, poetry. I am not an addict, and I am fortunate in that some of the more positive aspects of my chart combine artistic talent with an ability to organize, communicate, teach, etc. But I must admit, despite my mainly positive aspects with trans-Saturnians and their ultimate spiritual / aesthetic potentials, the laziness, diffusion and indulgence that can characterize Neptune is tangible at times. This is where a heavier Saturn / Capricorn (I am Capricorn rising in tropical chart) may actually serve me in the long run, so that I may actualize the higher potentials of these Neptune / trans-Saturnian aspects without succumbing to some of the pitfalls.

Oh, and my father is an Aries sun, which doesn't jive too well with my Cancer sun, either.

Also, I am editing my post here as I re-read O.P.: you say odd or unusual aspects re: the Neptune father. Yes, absolutely. My father was / is a genius as a scientist, quite eccentric, and has severe communicative difficulties (he is not able to express his emotions, thus he acts them out unconsciously). This strange relationship has somehow allowed me more leeway in how I may define myself and my own creative expression, perhaps in a way that parallels his, yet with a much different, fundamental nature.

Last edited:

acvila

wow.i've never thought there could be so many people that have similar stories to mine.same thing with the father, drugs and so on.but knowing that there are other people out there who feel the same..well, it;s a bit comforting :cool:

tee_jay66

wow.i've never thought there could be so many people that have similar stories to mine.same thing with the father, drugs and so on.but knowing that there are other people out there who feel the same..well, it;s a bit comforting :cool:

I have moon square neptune

I had a terrible or non existent relationship with my mother for many years. Its as if she were dead...............I suppose its similar to sun/neptune as in father:unsure:

Matto

I have Sun square Neptune as well, and I did have a somewhat difficult relationship with my late father. He was an alcoholic, which my chart suggests - Sun square Neptune, and also Neptune in the 10th house and in conjunction with MC. I find that all this explains why I happened to be the son of an alcoholic man. We got along quite well at times, but he had issues. Also, we didn't see each other that much in the last years of his life, because we lived in different countries - I moved to Ireland from Estonia with my mum. I did visit him though and we got along nicely the last few times, played cards a lot.

I also have a tense relationship with my mother, and I believe this comes down to my Moon square Saturn in my chart - hard to express emotions to your mum, not feeling supported enough by her, etc.

kennedyrosewhith

I have Sun opposite Neptune and Uranus. I don't really have too much of a relationship with my father, and I know this aspect sometimes lands you with a father who was absent, or had to go spend his time elsewhere out of duty. Pretty much my entire life he's worked either late or 12 hour shifts, and when i was younger it was almost always the 3pm-11pm shift, sometimes till 3am. This meant that I would be going to sleep when he was coming home, he'd still be sleeping when i left for school, and when i came home from school he'd be leaving for work. I remember saying to my mom when i was about 8 years old and he had a business trip to Italy, "it won't even be like he went anywhere, he's never home anyway". And then when i was 11, my parents got a separation and he moved out and so i saw him even less, despite him living a 10 minute drive away. He moved back in a couple years later and it was tough getting used to having him around again, i remember no one was REALLY happy about that part.

Our relationship now is okay. We talk, we get along, but that's about it. We have eachother's backs because we're family, but there's no strong relationship.

He has used drugs in the past and according to my mom he did quite a lot, but it was never something we talked about or anything i knew about until recently. I don't remember him as the most reliable person, it's common for him to be late or slow with getting ready. It's kind of annoying and inconvenient, really.

I've messed around with drugs a bit. When i was younger, like 13-14, it was escapism, but lately it's been for positive, spiritual reasons. I'm a huge day-dreamer, though, and i do have a problem with putting fantasy into action.

I have sun opp Neptune and it can cause identity crisis especially in teenage years.

thesun.gif
square.gif
neptune.gif

Sun square Neptune
shows suffering from an inferiority complex. You feel that you must constantly defend your ideals and objectives. You may find yourself being undermined, or perceive this is the case. You are imaginative, but you may reject reality. It can be difficult for you to find an avenue of self-expression. You become involved when others lean on you and depend on you. You are sensitive to suffering, and more emotional than you let on. You are vulnerable emotionally. This aspect sometimes produces a lax in morality, and many impractical and unrealistic ideas.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sunaspects.html#susne

michel12

I have sun in 11h square neptune in 7h, yes my father was absent most of the time ,as a girl the effect was very bad! no father figure, when he past away someone asked me how come you are not crying and mourning and my answer was that i mourned over him many years ago. very difficult!

Vagabondgirl

So people with Sun or Moon square Neptune... How do you think this has affected your relationships as adults?

I sometimes find myself "in love" with emotionally distant guys, and I cant help it really. I get problems with real relationships after some time and reject them in the end. Its like I prefer to be in love with some kind of illusion like "far away" from me:/ Either emotionally or physically distant.

I read a psychology article about womens relationships with their mums when younger had a much greater impact on ones future relationships than one would first believe.

Chirongirl

I have Moon square Neptune. My mother was absent from most of my childhood. I had a idealistic picture of her being perfect and everything, before we got more contact again when I was a bit older. She wasnt into drugs or anything like that, but had several husbands and many children. Many kids got hurt when she disappeared.

So Im guessing there is something similar with Sun representing father?

My daughter have Neptune square Moon. I am very reluctant to let her go out of my sight. I am one of the last few best mothers existed in this world. She loves me too bits, very clingy and I love her equally. We do a lot of activities together and have great fun. I can not imagine to do something which can hurt her even slightly. I am not into druggs or many husbands. She only have one brother and both my children are my life line. My Son has Neptune trine Moon.

It sounds very different than yours, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Are you a Neptunian mother or something then? :)

I dont think all mothers of Moon-Neptune square should be absent or emotionally cold.

Chirongirl

Are you a Neptunian mother or something then? :)

I dont think all mothers of Moon-Neptune square should be absent or emotionally cold.

You are spot on, Vagabondgirl, I am totally a Neptunian Mother!! I have Neptune on my ascendant and I am blessed with all the posetive energy of Neptune. I am raising my children in a neptunian way-meditation, astrology, crystals etc which a dash of Saturn in that...hahaha.

Vagabondgirl

And maybe your daughter has potential for strong extrasensory abilities? What Ive read about Moon-Neptune aspects is that they open the portal between the physical world and "the other world", astral planes or whatever we can call them. Its true for me at least:) I assumed I developed them through strong emotions from "mourning" my mum as a child. But I dont know really! :)

Chirongirl

And maybe your daughter has potential for strong extrasensory abilities? What Ive read about Moon-Neptune aspects is that they open the portal between the physical world and "the other world", astral planes or whatever we can call them. Its true for me at least:) I assumed I developed them through strong emotions from "mourning" my mum as a child. But I dont know really! :)

My daughter is still very young so I am not sure about her extrasensory abilities. But she has a lot of potential in her birth chart for psychic abilities. We will have to just wait and see..haha

but it is true that me and my children share some extra ordinary psychic connections. Its amazing how we understand each other and respond to each others need. We also have strange ability to heal each other just by being close.! My children understand me and my mood intuitavely and I understand them. When we three are together, the whole world is a beautiful place...all Neptune..hahaha!

LovelyMissAries

I have Sun square Neptune and I always had a good relationship with my dad. Him and I are very similar... although I have lots of Neptune squares so maybe because I was always around him more than my mother I morphed into even more of a masculine character to compensate for him not having a son (even though he's never wished he had a boy - he was happy to have a kid altogether.) Hmmm. That's certainly food for thought.

I have sun in 11h square neptune in 7h, yes my father was absent most of the time ,as a girl the effect was very bad! no father figure, when he past away someone asked me how come you are not crying and mourning and my answer was that i mourned over him many years ago. very difficult!
Neptune is the *great dissolver* illusionist and wearer of 'rose tinted glasses' sometimes we enjoy the romance of it or overidealise someone. I have neptune opp sun/moon and can't quite believe my parents 'were' my parents and that I chose them (spiritually before birth) they were there physically, but not emotionally, both self employed workaholics

So people with Sun or Moon square Neptune... How do you think this has affected your relationships as adults? Look at other aspects that may ground these effects. I have Uranus, chart ruler square to sun moon and this acts as impatience and wanting to break free of 'delusions'

I sometimes find myself "in love" with emotionally distant guys, and I cant help it really. I get problems with real relationships after some time and reject them in the end. Its like I prefer to be in love with some kind of illusion like "far away" from me:/ Either emotionally or physically distant.

I read a psychology article about womens relationships with their mums when younger had a much greater impact on ones future relationships than one would first believe.
Sometimes it's a good idea to ask a close friend about a male/female and get their opinion if they think this person is a good/bad influence on you.

Neptune/moon hard aspects seem to cause 'emotional illusions' and sometimes/occasionally eating disorders, but hopefully there are other aspects from moon to help matters.
chirongirl,My daughter have Neptune square Moon. I am very reluctant to let her go out of my sight. I am one of the last few best mothers existed in this world. She loves me too bits, very clingy and I love her equally. We do a lot of activities together and have great fun. I can not imagine to do something which can hurt her even slightly.
sounds bit like smother love to me :andy:

Yes, I think this is true with all moon/neptune aspects, whether it's utilised or not