How come despite being the most logical and scientific sign, Virgo is religious?

Darth MI

Virgo is considered the sign of medicine and also the most logical sign. Yet I notice most Virgo dominant people I known are quite religious.

My dad is Virgo dominant tied with Scorpio and Leo and also his dominant house, the 5th, is in Virgo. He takes Catholicism very seriously. I'll grant he also has his sun and mercury in 8th house (and thats his next house with most planet) and his 8th house is in Sagittarius. With Mars and Pluto in his Virgonian 5th house. But my mom, primarily a Scorpio dominant with Capricorn and Virgo tied in second place, takes Catholicism so seriously she threatened to kick me out for trying to convert to Protestantism. And to add in her dominant house is the 8th house which is in Virgo in her chart.

I seen charts of Virgo dominant people and so many are often religious. The best examples I can think of ATM is Rocky Marciano who was frequently praying and reading the Bible during his career in boxing before the morning run (even avoiding alcohol during his service in the army out of religious self-restraint) and George Foreman (who has been running a Church as a minister up until today once he retired from boxing for good). Both who are Virgo suns with some other Virgonian influences I can't recall ATM.

Why is does Virgo have this contradiction?

rahu

Banned
if you study esoteric astrology/spiritual astrology one finds that the analytical abilities of virgo should be used to find the "Christ" within. this is the same a the gnostic view of finding god or the higher power within yourself.

rahu

waybread

Sigh. Can we puh-leeze get beyond simplistic sun-sign astrology to look at the whole chart?

Virgo is ruled by Mercury. This makes Virgo analytical, but as an earth sign, Virgo tends to be practical rather than focused upon ideas.

The 9th house rules conventional religion. The 12th house and Neptune relate more to mysticism. You might want to look at what else is going on in the horoscope.