Venus in Scorpio Love life?

hello everyone.

this question is posed to everyone; as well as those with this placement, i would like to know your thoughts and experience especially.

i have this positioning and have talked with someone who happens to have it as well, and we have concluded it is a difficult placement (for us at least)

what i see in regards to my own life is that i will be incompatible with a very large portion of women i meet; but the ones i am compatable with and begin to date, i seem to get along extremely well with and form a solid connection(typical scorpio all or nothing trait).

what are your thoughts on this placement? and to those with this planetary placement, what are your experiences?

here is my chart if anyone is interested in my particular experiences http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-...st=Los+Angeles,+CA+(6),+United+States&lang=en

Therese

hi Ricktatorship,

I also have Venus in Scorpio, but very differently placed than yours (and rx).

I consider essential dignities to be very informative. Planets in domicile or exaltation can express whatever they signify in an unhindered, almost automatic way unless challenged by difficult aspects.

Planets in detriment or fall struggle, it's like you are given something and you are either not sure what it is and what it is good for or they are actually contrary to your purpose.

You have to find your own way with a detrimented/fallen planet, what works for almost everybody else will not work for you. It means a lot of trial and error, and usually suffering in that area of life, until you reach the necessary level of self-awareness and come to terms with whatever the planet signifies.

Lots of people equate Venus with love and money, but what kind of love, and what kind of money are we talking about? I'd say the kind that is about compromise and interaction with others, the one that establishes you in the community of human beings. Venus is not necessarily about "romantic love", it's more about give-and-take relationships.

Venus is in domicile in Taurus (and also in Libra, and exalted in Pisces). Taurus takes things as they are. "I am who I am, you are who you are and things are as they are". Unless troubled by challenging aspects, Venus in Taurus will not make a fuss about relationships or values: they know what they are worth, they know what kind of people they like, what kind of things they need etc and they will ignore everyone and everything else.

Venus is in detriment in the opposing sign, Scorpio. Scorpio cannot take anything "as is", themselves included. They are always digging deeper and deeper, and they must be careful not to get lost in the labyrinth of the underworld.

Scorpio is the night domicile of Mars (or if you prefer modern rulers, the domicile of Pluto). Scorpio signifies "creeping beasts and beetles", and everything "poysonous", quagmires, stinking lakes, etc, - it is the realm of the unconscious. Venus is in detriment here - it's difficult to have balanced, relaxed, "normal" relationship with others, for example, (or to stop and smell the roses, etc) when your inner world is so intense and in such turmoil.

Planets in detriment or fall usually urge you to be more conscious in that area of your life. They require quite some effort from the native, otherwise they tend to bring trouble and suffering.

hmmm. so in this instance is it better to take a page out of tuarus's book and accept things in the way they are presented and be less quick to investigate?

thanks for posting, i find your comment makes alot of sense

Charlie

Well...I have Venus in 8th house capricorn sextile Pluto, and if I remember correctly 8th house is ruled by Scorpio.

For what it's worth I've been very intense in relationships. Sometimes even starting arguments out of nothing just because it's been too calm for too long :innocent: I used to think I was manipulative but I've been told otherwise, just moody and emotional lol. However there is a stellium in my 8th so it's a bit more complicated than a Venus-scorpio link.

Looked at your chart and saw Venus conjunct Pluto and moon in libra which would greatly impact your love life, and may indicate a very charming intellectual snob and definitely no inherent obstacles to love...once you find someone who meets your high standards. But do correct me because I'm no astrologer :sideways:

thanks for chiming in!

yea ive heard from a number of people that my chart has a lot of favorable aspects, but at this point in my life its felt like the opposite is true. the love life has been difficult.

but intellectual snob is half right ; )

Aurelius

I have Venus in Scorpio, but it's conjunct Pluto and Mercury, and all three of those are square with Saturn. Which is kind of a mess. :lol:

Venus, Pl and Merc have me waaay overthinking relationships. I read in between the lines without ever actually reading the lines. I end up ignoring what's actually being expressed in favor of subtext that may not even be there. I do this in all relationships, romantic, platonic, familial, it's a problem lol.

Then with Saturn in the mix I tend to be tense and nervous, thinking the worst about relationships and myself. Not to mention it slows down everything, so I haven't had many opportunities for romance. I like to think Saturn won't give me a chance to love someone else until I've learned to love myself. :lol: Cosmic humor I guess.

That's my Venus in Scorpio experience, sometimes I hate it but other times I think once I use it to grow and learn it'll be for the best. I can potentially turn overthinking and baseless assumption-making into really understanding people and communicating with them properly. And the delay in my love life gives me time to focus on and master myself. Gotta find the silver lining :joyful:

haha oh man.

thanks for sharing. the interesting thing like you said is to find the silver lining.

i wonder what the true strengths to be found in this placement are