Relocating to a warmer place

Chaotic_Crab

Hello! Currently I live in Portland Or, and while I do enjoy things here I can't help but feel like im intuitively drawn to wanting to live in Austin Texas;

I've been thinking about it for the past 2 years now but, currently I've been working and living in Portland just fine and living here I feel has made me more outgoing where as when I was in Michigan I felt more introverted and to myself (Michigan is were im from originally) although I do wish it was warmer.

What kind of changes could I expect from such a move? Why do you think I feel so drawn there?

Here's my chart if that helps
I appreciate any responses I get!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_sterling_gordon.9632.688.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_sterling_gordon.9632.688.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
:bumb: How would I figure out my alignments for moving to a new place anyway ?

From what I have read, so far, you haven't given us any good reasons why you want to re-locate to Texas.

What do you actually hope to expect/achieve in Texas.

Beware of the "grass is greener" philosophy !

If you have a program like Solar Fire, you can automatically take the natal chart and relocate it to any new location in the world, by going to file, locality, then a dialogue box with the new location will then autopopulate.

If you don't have SF, you can take the time zone of the targeted location and subtract or add to/from the original birth time.

The relocated chart and its house cusps generally falls back 1 degree for every 60 miles west of the place of birth.

For locals east of the place of birth, you would ADD 1 degree to every 60 miles east of the city of birth.

HM

:bumb: How would I figure out my alignments for moving to a new place anyway ?

From what I have read, so far, you haven't given us any good reasons why you want to re-locate to Texas.

If you have a program like Solar Fire, you can automatically take the natal chart and relocate it to any new location in the world, by going to file, locality, then a dialogue box with the new location will then autopopulate.

If you don't have SF, you can take the time zone of the targeted location and subtract or add to/from the original birth time.

The relocated chart and its house cusps generally falls back 1 degree for every 60 miles west of the place of birth.

For locals east of the place of birth, you would ADD 1 degree to every 60 miles east of the city of birth.

HM

p.s. the coordinates for your place of birth are wrongly stated in your natal chart posted. I get 86W15 for Muskegon, Michigan, and not 80 degrees and change, as you have stated.

In any event, a cursory look at Austin Texas reveals a capricorn ascendant (18 degrees) with the chart ruler (Saturn) found in the 12th house.

This indicates a difficult life in Austin. You should never put the chart ruler in the 12th house of the RLC chart.

Bad move on your part.

The Portland, OR rlc chart has Sagittarius rising, while chart ruler is found in the 5th house.

As Jupiter (chart ruler ) is inconjunct both Uranus and Saturn. your life is not always easy, here.

Inconjunctions brings adjustments and forced living conditions.

However. this also brings a much more upbeat personality and more self confidence.

Furthermore, Venus is angular in Oregon, a mitigating factor, as it is one of the best places for you to live on Earth. (Venus = 7th house cusp).

Moving to Texas would be a big mistake ! I would stay where you are !

HM

Last edited:

Chaotic_Crab

HM

Well honestly you summed it up pretty with the the "grass is greener on the other side philosophy" Besides that I feel like it would be a bit cheaper than were a currently live. I Guess I'm over analyzing my current situation. Thanks for the info in regards to moving and how to plot out other locations; Im always wondering if I'm living in the best place I could be so that does answer my question.

Well honestly you summed it up pretty with the the "grass is greener on the other side philosophy" Besides that I feel like it would be a bit cheaper than were a currently live. I Guess I'm over analyzing my current situation. Thanks for the info in regards to moving and how to plot out other locations; Im always wondering if I'm living in the best place I could be so that does answer my question.

Hi Thanks for the feedback...

Again, you did not state why Texas as a place to live.

The Oregon relocated chart is particularly well suited for romance and finding a life long partner.

However, RLC Saturn and Jupiter move into the 1st house, so you must be patient and willing to work hard in the beginning.

Venus on the 7th house cusp has a dark side, too ?

Namely, you attract beautiful type people, who are somewhat lazy, indolent and even vain ?

Venus on the angle is typically the ultimate "mickey mouse" experience. Life is always comfy and good and there is never a bad day...

A partner or loved one is always in the picture...not always the spouse...

take care,

HM

Last edited:

Chaotic_Crab

Hi Thanks for the feedback...

Again, you did not state why Texas as a place to live.

The Oregon relocated chart is particularly well suited for romance and finding a life long partner.

However, RLC Saturn and Jupiter move into the 1st house, so you must be patient and willing to work hard in the beginning.

Venus on the 7th house cusp has a dark side, too ?

Namely, you attract beautiful type people, who are somewhat lazy, indolent and even vain ?

Venus on the angle is typically the ultimate "mickey mouse" experience. Life is always comfy and good and there is never a bad day...

A partner or loved one is always in the picture...not always the spouse...

take care,

HM

My main reason for wanting to move to Texas has to do with the cost of living and the fact that I enjoy warmer climates.

However, the info that you have just relayed with Venus and my finding a partner explain the current situation that I'm in and I do feel as though I'm having a easier time as far as finding a mate since I moved here.

You mentioned the ruler of my chart is in a good place and I take it that's Jupiter based on my relocation chart; What did you mean by a "dark side" on the cups of the 7th house So to speak?

"you attract beautiful people who are somewhat vain" I feel that is very prevalent for me here, and it seems to coincide with my natal chart saying I will want to be surrounded by beauty later in life.

Oh and the program you mentioned solar fire; How do you get access to that ?

Thanks again for all your insight!

Last edited:

unique_astrology

When you relocate a chart be sure to check the Moon's longitude in the relocated chart against the original birth chart. They must be the same.

Attached are your 3 locational charts. Pluto on the MC in Austin perhaps not favorable.

Added Map of southeastern US showing natal Jupiter on the IC line. Any place near that line would feature a strong Jupiter and to the east side of the line add a trine from natal Mercury and Venus to the Asc in some locations. Be ready to adjust to summer heat and humidity and the occasional gnarly hurricane depending on location.

And if near the Everglades you might be visited by 'gators or a Boa Constrictor.:whistling:

Attachments

• cc whereever.gif
    cc whereever.gif
    56.3 KB · Views: 30
  • cc SE.gif
    cc SE.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Chaotic_Crab

When you relocate a chart be sure to check the Moon's longitude in the relocated chart against the original birth chart. They must be the same.

Attached are your 3 locational charts. Pluto on the MC in Austin perhaps not favorable.

Added Map of southeastern US showing natal Jupiter on the IC line. Any place near that line would feature a strong Jupiter and to the east side of the line add a trine from natal Mercury and Venus to the Asc in some locations. Be ready to adjust to summer heat and humidity and the occasional gnarly hurricane depending on location.

And if near the Everglades you might be visited by 'gators or a Boa Constrictor.:whistling:

Thanks for the charts, and the gator warning :cool:

Pluto on the MC in Austin perhaps not favorable.

LOL Very good idea ! NEVER go to a part of the world where RLC Pluto is angular. It's simply a dangerous place, indeed, especially if you are older and fragile in health.

Even people on holidays can experience bad things, there ?

Where-ever Pluto is angular, you may well be the victim of a powerplay, a hit on your life, an accident, or even elements of the underworld and or criminality ?

For example, President JFK was assasinated on his Pluto Midheaven line, in Dallas, Texas, back in 1963.

Since Pluto is at the midheaven of his chart in Dallas, this strongly suggests that someone within a governmental agency, itself, was responsible for his horrible demise.

Not necessarily the U.S. Government, but perhaps the leader of some other government ? Pluto = the 10th house cusp.

The Kennedy family made a lot of enemies and who knows for sure. Many did not like them because they were Irish. Pluto also rules racism and prejudice, based on racial origin.

Pluto is perhaps the most intense of energies. Your life is changed forever, regardless of what happens in this zone and usually, "the gloves must come off," since Pluto is also a higher octave of Mars ?

HM

Last edited:

Chaotic_Crab

LOL Very good idea ! NEVER go to a part of the world where RLC Pluto is angular. It's simply a dangerous place, indeed, especially if you are older and fragile in health.

Even people on holidays can experience bad things, there ?

Where-ever Pluto is angular, you may well be the victim of a powerplay, a hit on your life, an accident, or even elements of the underworld and or criminality ?

For example, President JFK was assasinated on his Pluto Midheaven line, in Dallas, Texas, back in 1963.

Since Pluto is at the midheaven of his chart in Dallas, this strongly suggests that someone within a governmental agency, itself, was responsible for his horrible demise.

Not necessarily the U.S. Government, but perhaps the leader of some other government ? Pluto = the 10th house cusp.

The Kennedy family made a lot of enemies and who knows for sure. Many did not like them because they were Irish. Pluto also rules racism and prejudice, based on racial origin.

Pluto is perhaps the most intense of energies. Your life is changed forever, regardless of what happens in this zone and usually, "the gloves must come off," since Pluto is also a higher octave of Mars ?

HM

Wow that's incredibly insightful! I never realized how powerful of an influence could have; Well I guess its better to find out now then to move there and find out later.

Chaotic_Crab

Austin is becoming expensive because everyone from California is moving there. Traffic is terrible. They have a drought in Texas (not to mention tornadoes) and are overrun with illegals as is most of the southwest. So it's becoming California.

Oddly enough, my psychic keeps telling me I might meet my soulmate there. She said he's from the south and saw the letter A, so I'm hoping it's Atlanta!

Looks like all the liberal warm places to move aren't looking as enticing as I was once thinking.

In your situation though I think traveling or relocating with the chance of meeting your soul-mate is always a good thought to drive you forward.

So my chart changes with a relocation, does that mean my career opportunities change as well ?

Looks like all the liberal warm places to move aren't looking as enticing as I was once thinking.

In your situation though I think traveling or relocating with the chance of meeting your soul-mate is always a good thought to drive you forward.

So my chart changes with a relocation, does that mean my career opportunities change as well ?

Hello again:

Relocation astrology is a complicated science, indeed, and can take months, if not years, to master.

There are many things to ponder, such as the angular planets, but also, the house position of the new ascendant ruler, the planetary crossings, etc.

I teach an introductory course in relocation astrology. If you would like more information, please PM me. My rates arevery reasonable.

Regarding where to get a demo copy of Solar Fire, Astrolabe is the company who sells them, they are based out of Massachutsets.

I have been dealing with them for over 20 years and have bought several versions of Solar Fire from them.

They have been around a very long time, they are formerly known as Para Research, co founded by Robert Hand, a very reputable, world famous astrologer, as you are likely aware.

Their products are generally reliable, however, some software "bug" issues have arisen in over the years, which I have found annoying, but what can one do ?

I would call up Madeline Hillis-Dinine and ask her for a free demo version and she might oblige? Just tell her you are broke (if you are?) and see what she says !

I think that the latest version of SF is version 9.

They have other interesting software as well.

Regarding Texas, yes, the weather is quite warm, indeed, compared with the Northwest.

Regarding so called illegal immigrants who live in Texas, LOL, well, the reason immigrants are attracted to the USA at ALL is it's the land of milk and honey, the "Land of the FREE and home of the brave !" LOL

Since USA is a Sun in Cancer country, (Sun, Venus, and Jupiter in Cancer) the Cancer tendency is to hide in its shell, and to build a fortress around the perimetre, so that nothing gets past ?

Having said that, the main problem is that people are so impoverished in Mexico and other third world countries, that they would do anything to escape those squalid conditions, even risking their lives and that of their families, to have a better life.

You can bet your *ss that many of those Mexicans who cross the border, "illegally," do not consult their relocation chart or the stars, before doing so ! You can make a life anywhere, actually, if you work hard and are ready to strip away all of your illusions ....

Once all personal illusions and doubts are stripped to the bone, then the mythical bird called the Phoenix, can arise from the bitter ashes of despair ?

Yes, my friends, the miracle of Pluto is in redemption, even rescue, from dangerous forces ?

- HM

Last edited:

I think that when it comes to relationships, people have it *ss backwards.

They raise the bar far too high from the get go, therefore disapointment is inevitable ?

The initial goal is to have a "plain" boyfriend or girlfriend, with just mustard, relish, and ketchup ?

Then, once found, you can ramp up to a super duper, all dressed partner, with all of the fixings...

Then finally, a soul mate, a loftier ambition for sure...

Think about this: only a fast sportscar can go from zero to 60 in five seconds...

A volkswagen or potato wagon must reach its destination less quickly.

- HM

Last edited:

Chaotic_Crab

Hello again:

Relocation astrology is a complicated science, indeed, and can take months, if not years, to master.

There are many things to ponder, such as the angular planets, but also, the house position of the new ascendant ruler, the planetary crossings, etc.

I teach an introductory course in relocation astrology. If you would like more information, please PM me. My rates arevery reasonable.

Regarding where to get a demo copy of Solar Fire, Astrolabe is the company who sells them, they are based out of Massachutsets.

I have been dealing with them for over 20 years and have bought several versions of Solar Fire from them.

They have been around a very long time, they are formerly known as Para Research, co founded by Robert Hand, a very reputable, world famous astrologer, as you are likely aware.

Their products are generally reliable, however, some software "bug" issues have arisen in over the years, which I have found annoying, but what can one do ?

I would call up Madeline Hillis-Dinine and ask her for a free demo version and she might oblige? Just tell her you are broke (if you are?) and see what she says !

I think that the latest version of SF is version 9.

They have other interesting software as well.

Regarding Texas, yes, the weather is quite warm, indeed, compared with the Northwest.

Regarding so called illegal immigrants who live in Texas, LOL, well, the reason immigrants are attracted to the USA at ALL is it's the land of milk and honey, the "Land of the FREE and home of the brave !" LOL

Since USA is a Sun in Cancer country, (Sun, Venus, and Jupiter in Cancer) the Cancer tendency is to hide in its shell, and to build a fortress around the perimetre, so that nothing gets past ?

Having said that, the main problem is that people are so impoverished in Mexico and other third world countries, that they would do anything to escape those squalid conditions, even risking their lives and that of their families, to have a better life.

You can bet your *ss that many of those Mexicans who cross the border, "illegally," do not consult their relocation chart or the stars, before doing so ! You can make a life anywhere, actually, if you work hard and are ready to strip away all of your illusions ....

Once all personal illusions and doubts are stripped to the bone, then the mythical bird called the Phoenix, can arise from the bitter ashes of despair ?

Yes, my friends, the miracle of Pluto is in redemption, even rescue, from dangerous forces ?

- HM

This is very good information; I am intrigued in learning more. Although I do have a question. Since my venus has changed position based on the relocation chart position does that mean my career opportunites have changed as well? By saying that what I mean is are certain careers more likely or possible with new or changed energy and planetary placements based on the location that you have moved?

By moving has my chart focused switch from career to maybe a more love/ significant other focus ?

Since my venus has changed position based on the relocation chart position does that mean my career opportunites have changed as well? By saying that what I mean is are certain careers more likely or possible with new or changed energy and planetary placements based on the location that you have moved?

By moving has my chart focused switch from career to maybe a more love/ significant other focus ?

Here's what I think. "The stars impel, they do not compel."

In other words, the planets, whether relocated or natal, don;t make you do anything !

Rather, humans must make their own decisions, under universal law.

Therefore, your career is not diminished by moving to Portland, OR.

However, with RLC Moon moving to house 11 and Venus moving to the 7th house or descendant, your social life will get a boost, here.

This will likely help your career, or else, your career will shift to community or not for profit work.

The RLC chart cannot displace what your natal chart distinctly points out.

good luck,

HM