Does everyone reincarnate? Do you believe in it?

fair enough. i probably should have more accurately described it as a near death experience. after all my body did not decompose.

but i do consciously remember, that among other things related to this life, that i was dying and leaving my life behind. and that is when i was revived with minimal sensory perception and no control over my body., but this was not until after i had experienced other things including seeing other living beings(souls/spirits) in a waiting/holding/frozen/contained still state, but they could still see, or i felt that they could.

Last edited:
K

Katydidit

Re: Do you believe in it?

This thread caught my eye yesterday; it has stayed with me. I return to find a trending toward 'death'.
Not goin' there.

Part 1: Preliminary Perception
Reincarnation has fascinated me since as long as I can remember. But even before that there was/is a poem, “Trees” by Joyce Kilmer, that was an early inspiration for me -- my emotions always surged at the hearing/reading of it. In later years, it fostered and supported my first ‘feels really good’ perception of reincarnation. I’m hoping it might help if I share it here.

When first entertaining the idea of reincarnation it seemed feasible to me, and certainly a darn good idea. But if it is true, then how do I fit in? Why should I believe in it? Why would I want to keep coming back? Then came the thought of the tree.

If God (the All) were a tree, then we must surely want to learn all parts of that tree. A tree has roots, and branches, and bark, and streaming fiber. A tree has inner cycles, the process of photosynthesis, and rejuvenation even in its waning years. A tree converts, creates, and recycles energy.

I found myself comparing the learning of the All to the learning of a tree. If we incarnate so that we might stand under and understand the All of God, then maybe that means we take a turn at weathering like the bark, or maybe we take a turn at flirting and whispering like the leaves. Next time maybe we’re ready to burrow with the roots, swim with the watering tides, or build our newest twiggy castles into the sky. What happens when we choose the flowing process of photosynthesis?

And when do we get to say, “Been there, got the T-shirt?” What’s after physical reincarnations?
Once we can be one with the tree, once we think we understand the All (at least so far), and we finally understand that the beginning is only the continuation of a middle that we thought was an end, then how do we find those newer beginnings where we no longer have to dive back into the tree and repeat ourselves?

And so I answer, yes, I believe in reincarnation. But then, I also listen to trees <big grin>.
-- K

Part 2, Expanded Perception, might follow in a day or so.
(Since it's my first time putting it to pen and paper – I'm workin' on it.)

the only resource i can recall off hand is a book called A Spiritual Approach to Astrology

i believed the way this book reads before i read it. i believed in lots of stuff before i read it or heard about it. can't wait till my book finally comes out LOL.

retinoid

Prominent, you live in your head too much. The answer is not there. Only use your mind to bring realization onto this plane, it does not CONTAIN any answers.

Prominent

eh.. I disagree. Not too much to think about regarding death, unless you want to make up stories about it. All I'm doing is explaining truthful representations that are stripped of the fantasy and imagination. So to say that I'm sharing some thought up viewpoint is wrong of you because all I'm sharing is knowledge of what is sensible and observable.

sequestra

eh.. I disagree. Not too much to think about regarding death, unless you want to make up stories about it. All I'm doing is explaining truthful representations that are stripped of the fantasy and imagination. So to say that I'm sharing some thought up viewpoint is wrong of you because all I'm sharing is knowledge of what is sensible and observable.

Dear God you are irritatingly arrogant as hell. Don't reply to me again, end of story.

Prominent

Why read a thread like this if you will be irritated by other people's perspective and what they may say? Not everyone will agree with you, so you should be confident enough in yourself to argue your own view otherwise it says a lot as to what you believe in.

sequestra

Why read a thread like this if you will be irritated by other people's perspective and what they may say? Not everyone will agree with you, so you should be confident enough in yourself to argue your own view otherwise it says a lot as to what you believe in.

Funny that I'm not irritated with *anyone* else's perspective apart from yours since you state *your opinion* as fact. Go write another book about it.

retinoid

Funny that I'm not irritated with *anyone* else's perspective apart from yours since you state *your opinion* as fact. Go write another book about it.

Prominent doesn't really believe what he is saying it is just lack of proof that frustrates him. I feel the same way often times. This world is a heavy blanket.

Prominent

Do facts bother you or something? If you want to refute a claimed fact go ahead. If you want to believe in tales that's your choice, but I'd like to discuss the subject of reincarnation. I'm not saying that life doesn't continue on, I'm just trying to clarify all the distorted views people seem to be spreading, either for them or for myself for whatever it is worth since this thread is just a thread and doesn't really matter much to the whole issue of reincarnation because whatever we say doesn't really change what actually occurs, so I prefer to look at what has the least possibility of misinterpretation. Look at what is obvious. Get over your fear and need to have to make something up about it because you can't see beyond it. Life has limits.

Prominent

Prominent doesn't really believe what he is saying it is just lack of proof that frustrates him. I feel the same way often times. This world is a heavy blanket.
Yea.. It's hard to believe when I want to know. So much requires you to believe though, it's kind of odd universe.

retinoid

Yea.. It's hard to believe when I want to know. So much requires you to believe though, it's kind of odd universe.

It is the nature of worlds such as these. It *****. It is sad. It is disheartening. It is frustrating. The best thing to do is not focus on such things and focus more on things we can build on to create a more peaceful life for ourselves and others (such as compassion). I think at least. In this sense you rise above this world which fosters separation, loneliness, ignorance and egotism.

sequestra

Do facts bother you or something? If you want to refute a claimed fact go ahead. If you want to believe in tales that's your choice, but I'd like to discuss the subject of reincarnation. I'm not saying that life doesn't continue on, I'm just trying to clarify all the distorted views people seem to be spreading, either for them or for myself for whatever it is worth since this thread is just a thread and doesn't really matter much to the whole issue of reincarnation because whatever we say doesn't really change what actually occurs, so I prefer to look at what has the least possibility of misinterpretation. Look at what is obvious. Get over your fear and need to have to make something up about it because you can't see beyond it. Life has limits.

There you go again. I haven't made anything up - you have no idea what I do or do not believe. I am open to possibilities. Unlike you, I don't state my opinions as facts.

Prominent

It is the nature of worlds such as these. It *****. It is sad. It is disheartening. It is frustrating. The best thing to do is not focus on such things and focus more on things we can build on to create a more peaceful life for ourselves and others (such as compassion). I think at least. In this sense you rise above this world which fosters separation, loneliness, ignorance and egotism.

Compassion can help bridge barriers, but I question whether it is right to go to the extent of building things and reinforcing them when all that can do is create a distinction that causes a separation.
Perhaps the best way to solve suffering in the world is to create a separation between yourself and the world- to see yourself as something limited and take responsibility for that limit instead of the limits of everything else.. I don't know.. It's hard to not try and reach out sometimes, but I guess when you do reach out it is because you are wanting to believe in them or something.

Prominent

There you go again. I haven't made anything up - you have no idea what I do or do not believe. I am open to possibilities. Unlike you, I don't state my opinions as facts.
Of course I have ideas as to what you believe. Are these ideas that I have about what you believe made up? I don't know- It's hard for me to believe.
I'm open to possibilities as well, otherwise I wouldn't be subjecting myself to this stuff or doing anything within this reality.
Like I said before if you want to refute some claimed fact, do so. You can't really refute a fact by misinterpreting it.

Prominent

What did I misinterpret about that?

I'm not sure. What issues do you have with that sentence?
I basically said that when a person dies, they lose everything including their memory/awareness of existence.
I suppose a person needs to understand where the limit of memory ends as well as the limit to the awareness of existence.. How does one attain a sense of something if everything they are now completely dissolves away and becomes diffused through the universe, being moved and shifted by things that are continuing to exist when you cease to exist. So essentially- It isn't you(as you're familiar with right now) that is doing anything anymore but rather everything that isn't you.
Now.. How can you assume that you'll return to living if you no longer are anywhere, and how can you assume that the thing that previously was living (but now ceases to be anything it was) is now doing anything to become alive when the only things doing stuff are those already alive?
You have to look at how things sense reality if you want to understand what gives awareness within the individual. Things that interact and conflict create friction that has texture and feeling. Being completely diffused into nothing removes all of that friction and removes all possibility of any feeling. But nothing does conflict with everything, and so where does this feeling arise.. in everything?... and where does this feeling become real?.. in each and everyone? Does everyone create more awareness, more life?.. well, we can see that.

JUPITERASC

Eh.. not sure what you're looking at. I'm just sharing what I know.
We are all doing that AND from our own particular individual and personal perspectives.
No dude, you're sharing what you think. What you think you know.
Exactly

'Sensible and observable' to you perhaps

Therefore that's just an opinion – remember individuals differ.

.. well, we can see that.
One sees what one sees... None can be certain of knowing indisputably what 'we can see' :smile: