Your Personality and Planets

pndt

Humans have two types of personality- Outer & inner. It is represented by planets to explain different aspects of an individual.
Outer Personality: It represents physical body that Soul gets after birth and develops slowly it with the influence of previous and present birth's sentiments, activities and ideas.
Inner Personality:It is a collection of memories, nature and experiences in the mind.
Human tends to bring harmony between outer and inner personality. According to Astrology [JYOTISH] subconscious mind brings together outer and inner personality in one form. These traits are represented by seven planets. The difference in the powers of planets make every individual different in one or another way. It can be summarized as below:
#92ba47​
Personality
Planet
Effect
Outer
Jupiter
body,religion,law,beauty,power,love etc.

Mars
senses,enjoyment,desire,firmness,confidence,courage etc.

Moon
changes in mind & body, sensitivity,imagination,desires etc.
Inner
Venus
unconditional love, brotherhood,affection,cleanliness,ability,knowledge, wisdom etc.

Mercury
intellectual power,decisive power,memory,love for art, logic, etc.

Sun
simplicity,will-power,leadership,ambition,kindness,etc.
Subconscious mind
Saturn
elementry knowledge,leadership,prayer,firmness,seriousness,alertness,workability,stability, etc.

MamaMinnee

What about Uranus, Neptune and Pluto? Has Vedic incorporated these planets and do they possess the same characteristics as in Western Astrology?

ian wood

i have studied both systems and find both useful. it is up to indian astrologers to incorporate the outer planets. so also should western astrologers incorporate vedic knowledge, the nakshatras for example . we can focus on the differences or the similarities, but as with reading a chart synthesis is the key to understanding

CurtisSWN

From time to time transits of the outer planets seem to explain things traditional Vedic indicators miss, but that is rare.

I use the outer planet in more of a generational way, however a Mars transit to your natal Pluto or Neptune is going to be very significant.

But if you know your dasas, especially the 3rd and 4th levels, they compete very well with transits. (and the Raman ayanamsha ;) )

Curtis

ian wood

hi curtis the outer planets seem to have more an effect on the imagination more than external reality. difficult aspects between inner and outer planets can create psychological problems as described in the excellent work of wolfgang doberheiner his munich rythm theory and 7 year cycles are an extremely accurate way of getting to the root of some major emotional /psychological problems the best western system that i found. when u mention 3rd 4th level do u mean sub sub periods of dhasa? just starting to explore k.p. astrology so that should keep me busy 4 some time it seems to b popular do u use these methods?

CurtisSWN

Right sub sub (and sub) periods. I haven't really done much with KP, maybe someday. I don't even exactly know what KP is any way lol

ian wood

astrology system that uses vedic with placidus house cusps .search k.p.astrology 4 good site to learn this system. has reputation for accuracy in prediction.im just starting to look at this, so not qualified to explain more.