Venus in Gemini - until August 2012

Caro

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/venus-retrograde-for-2009
http://darkstarastrology.com/venus-retrograde/

Venus in Gemini - 2012

The above are some interesting weblinks on this transit.

would be interested in hearing how this affects anyone as it is a longer than normal transit.

Its in my 8th H - running out to buy that lotto ticket now..........:tongue:

Caro

SB
Which house does it occupy?rule?

I realise it rules my 12th H! ha ha lets not go there.

I do seem to be planning stuff which I cant talk about to most people.

it will trine my sun and mars at some point. so possibly a grand trine in air.

interesting that no one is interested in 'venus' the planet of love!! :happy:

dr. farr

For those who consider the South Node, notice that Venus will be sign-conjunct the SN during Venus ingress and transit through Gemini; (some of us, who also accept the concept of sign-conjunction) believe this will have a modifying influence/ramification upon Venusian connections/affinities/influences, during this period of its transit through Gemini...

Caro

Thanks Dr f.
SN is currently 5 degrees gemini

and moving towards taurus.

Venus is 18 degrees gemini and rx.

however the SN and Venus will not be conjunct again.(during this phase)

so by 'modify' you mean weaken the influence of venus for good or ill? or is it just the good bits!

SniperBomber328

SB
Which house does it occupy?rule?

I realise it rules my 12th H! ha ha lets not go there.

I do seem to be planning stuff which I cant talk about to most people.

it will trine my sun and mars at some point. so possibly a grand trine in air.

interesting that no one is interested in 'venus' the planet of love!! :happy:

It occupies my 12th house as well as rules it and the 7th house. Perhaps I will engage in an isolating activity?

Inconjunct

Bernadette Brady tells us the personal planets (Sun Moon Mercury Venus) move too quickly to make their transits meaningful. If we accept a transit has an orb of 1 degree applying and separating, then any transits from these bodies to natal positions will be mostly over and done with within about three days. Mars may spark off events, but generally also moves too rapidly to be felt in any significant way.

The transits to watch for are those of outer planets (Jupiter to Pluto) to personal planets or to their own natal positions.

SniperBomber328

Bernadette Brady tells us the personal planets (Sun Moon Mercury Venus) move too quickly to make their transits meaningful. If we accept a transit has an orb of 1 degree applying and separating, then any transits from these bodies to natal positions will be mostly over and done with within about three days. Mars may spark off events, but generally also moves too rapidly to be felt in any significant way.

The transits to watch for are those of outer planets (Jupiter to Pluto) to personal planets or to their own natal positions.

This can't be true. Had this been the case it would make all predicitonal-traditional astrology void or invalid.

Caro

I agree with SB.(hope you enjoy your activities in isolation)

the reason I posted this transit, venus is 4 months in this sign.
Also a thread on mars in virgo.

both threads were to see the influence of these planets in action and also cos the trads dont use the outers. so if they dont use (uran,nep,plu) then surely these personal planets have to influence otherwise life would stand still.
:whistling:
I have read a litte by BB and she does a lot of horary and sporting events.She doesnt use the outers at all. I thought she was a trad!

Inconjunct

Transits are not the only predictive method in astrology. They are one of many, but merely the most prevalent in modern astrology. Traditional astrologers using transits would have used the outer planets Jupiter and Saturn, but they also (as I understand it) used primary directions, solar arc directions, solar and lunar returns and progressions.

SniperBomber328

I agree with SB.(hope you enjoy your activities in isolation)

the reason I posted this transit, venus is 4 months in this sign.
Also a thread on mars in virgo.

both threads were to see the influence of these planets in action and also cos the trads dont use the outers. so if they dont use (uran,nep,plu) then surely these personal planets have to influence otherwise life would stand still.
:whistling:
I have read a litte by BB and she does a lot of horary and sporting events.She doesnt use the outers at all. I thought she was a trad!

Venus should conjunct my natal Venus in June or so. I can't wait, since that'll be also when my natal Jupiter conjunct's the Sun.

dr. farr

Thanks Dr f.
SN is currently 5 degrees gemini

and moving towards taurus.

Venus is 18 degrees gemini and rx.

however the SN and Venus will not be conjunct again.(during this phase)

so by 'modify' you mean weaken the influence of venus for good or ill? or is it just the good bits!

Brings a chaotic element into the Venus influences/qualities-that's really what the SN is all about = chaos, so its potential influence on a planet, especially if that planet (or Lot) is longitudinally conjunct or Parallel the SN, is to introduce an often significant chaotic quality into the sphere of that planet's influences; being sign conjunct, as Venus (now) only is with the SN, is a much weaker SN influence, and of course as Venus moves further away in Gemini, that SN influence will continue to weaken.

Caro

Ok I get it. Makes sense.

I shall keep my fluorite with me in the next few months.

SnB - you may want to read Lynne Koiner article she mentions the 7th and 12th H.(I have taurus in 7th)

Im meeting with a previous partner over next few weeks. our relationship has always had a karmic feel to it.

the events that will bring us back together are venus rx.

fullmoonlibra

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/venus-retrograde-for-2009
http://darkstarastrology.com/venus-retrograde/

Venus in Gemini - 2012

The above are some interesting weblinks on this transit.

would be interested in hearing how this affects anyone as it is a longer than normal transit.

Its in my 8th H - running out to buy that lotto ticket now..........:tongue:

I will have this in 10h house, on my Chiron.. After that, it will move to my 11th house and form a kite + grand cross.

fullmoonlibra

Brings a chaotic element into the Venus influences/qualities-that's really what the SN is all about = chaos, so its potential influence on a planet, especially if that planet (or Lot) is longitudinally conjunct or Parallel the SN, is to introduce an often significant chaotic quality into the sphere of that planet's influences; being sign conjunct, as Venus (now) only is with the SN, is a much weaker SN influence, and of course as Venus moves further away in Gemini, that SN influence will continue to weaken.

Is the influence of SN transit then weak when the planet in transit is a beneficial? For example, Jupiter will cross the SN transit soon too.

Caro

I have been reading about the sn on another forum.

apparently jupiter transit can cancel some of the negative effects of a south node transit. so good to know. (Celeste Teal)

lilithofeden

I have been reading about the sn on another forum.

apparently jupiter transit can cancel some of the negative effects of a south node transit. so good to know. (Celeste Teal)

Venus will conjunct my natal south node!! So for me it's more than just sign conjunct...

Also, the only other real relationhsip that I've been in other than the one I'm in now, our composite has Venus transiting our 12th house, about the trine Mars who is opp. composite Neptune and Uranus! I wonder if this will spark some sort of action where we meet each other to get over those old wounds... hmmmm