Can a sport have a spiritual meaning?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

I hope you won't think I'm crazy!

Basically, I was wondering if a sport can have a spiritual meaning.

Throught my life, I kept meeting people who love to sail. Granted, I love being around and have always pictured myself living by the beach, but I had never really thought about sailing per se. This sport has always followed me though I've never really had any exposure to it.

When I was in college, I befriended a girl who loved sailing. Then, when I moved again, I dated someone who loved sailing & more recently, I met another person who also adores sailing.

Sailing is not really a super popular sport, this is why it has me somewhat intrigued. I'm not saying I will be a sailor, but it seems it has a deeper meaning. I'm taking up classes and I've sensed a true shift in energy.

So, can a sport really have a spiritual meaning of some sort?

Whoam1

No your not Crazy, Thai fighting is highly spritual as well as other martial arts. Do you have strong Neptune and Pisces in your chart? I like to sail/boat too [just like to be on water] so I'm just wondering.

LostinPhilly

No your not Crazy, Thai fighting is highly spritual as well as other martial arts. Do you have strong Neptune and Pisces in your chart? I like to sail/boat too [just like to be on water] so I'm just wondering.

No, I don't have a lot of Pisces actually. I just have Midheaven in Pisces. Neptune in Capricorn in the 6th. I have lots of water though: 5th house stellium in scorpio and cancer rising.

I did martial arts when I was younger, but it never really clicked with me for some reason.

This is very strange that it is something that has more or less surrounded me my entire adult life, but I never thought until picking up until now.

LostinPhilly

I might very well be, you know!

The reality is that since sailing was never part of my life as a child/teenager and I'm suddenly meeting people who love it in different countries fairly randomly, I'm starting to question these "coincidences".

Whoam1

No, I don't have a lot of Pisces actually. I just have Midheaven in Pisces. Neptune in Capricorn in the 6th. I have lots of water though: 5th house stellium in scorpio and cancer rising.

I did martial arts when I was younger, but it never really clicked with me for some reason.

This is very strange that it is something that has more or less surrounded me my entire adult life, but I never thought until picking up until now.

Capricorn is sea faring too.

LostinPhilly

For some people their relationship with the sea, or the wind and water, is spiritual. Are you familiar with this poem?

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/54932/sea-fever-56d235e0d871e

Thanks waybread! I really like it!

The truth is that I can be in the worst of moods, but as soon as I'm at sea, I'm at peace. When I come back home afterwards, I'm always incredibly happy. Some people say meditation helps clear the mind and liaise with your higher self. Personally, it does not work for me. I've tried for many years and it's never worked. Surprisingly enough, nothing clears my mind like being at sea. I forget everything and things that made me upset suddenly seem insignificant.

waybread

Thanks waybread! I really like it!

The truth is that I can be in the worst of moods, but as soon as I'm at sea, I'm at peace. When I come back home afterwards, I'm always incredibly happy. Some people say meditation helps clear the mind and liaise with your higher self. Personally, it does not work for me. I've tried for many years and it's never worked. Surprisingly enough, nothing clears my mind like being at sea. I forget everything and things that made me upset suddenly seem insignificant.

Yes, absolutely yes! Nature has such a strong therapeutic value. I hope you live near the ocean, or can get there often enough.

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

So yesterday I had my very first sailing lesson and I absolutely loved it. I felt so at peace and comfortable on water.

Once strange thing happened however - I had been sporting a labradorite bracelet for months, which I never really took off. I specifically remember still having the bracelet on after I had left the school, then all of the sudden, it disappeared.

This is the type of braceleter that was exactly my size, so it never slided off my wrist, nor was it damaged and it didn't have any open/close mechanism as it was holding on with a string. I headed off for a walk by the pier after the lesson, and poof, gone.

I've never lost any bracelet or piece of jewellery before. I even walk around with small stones in my bag. I've had them for years and they never disappeared despite the various trips I've had, the bags switching, etc..

Strange.