Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-11-2020, 10:26 PM

People CRAVE hysteria and panic

If you notice, people love a good doomsday scenario.
They love the feeling of being correct, over nebulous sounding predictions, and love the excitement and drama it brings to their lives.

They want to feel like they're survivors in a movie or something. That's why all of these fringe news websites all revolve around end of the world scenarios, because their user base are the ones who crave for it and don't want their efforts and beliefs to feel pointless.

Unread 03-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Re: People CRAVE hysteria and panic

Imagine that man who wears camo nonstop and hoards guns and canned foods actually thinks he can make it out of a end of the world scenario by himself. He thinks he's being all cool and badass, but he won't realize that survival in an urban context requires teamwork and is not a solitary activity.

I think the middle aged soccer mom in the distance clutching her pearls and purchasing every hand sanitizer hollering "BUT PEOPLE ARE DYING" enjoys what she does without realizing it because it feeds into her undiagnosed anxiety and control issues. Then she talks about her "suffering," (despite all that's being done is just being insufferable towards her family) and gets a lot of attention, so she feels justified

Then people trying to peddle their snake oil cures, such as essential oils or marijuana being able to cure cancer or whatever random ailments. Or bleaching their intestines with their weird enemas. And doing anything and everything else except seeing a doctor who will actually solve their issues

Then you have the overly religious folks who are just loud and unproductive, and take advantage of the confusion to promote their ideologies, etc. It starts to look like a tribe and people start behaving oddly.
Unread 03-11-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
They love the feeling of being correct, over nebulous sounding predictions, and love the excitement and drama it brings to their lives.

They want to feel like they're survivors in a movie or something. That's why all of these fringe news websites all revolve around end of the world scenarios, because their user base are the ones who crave for it and don't want their efforts and beliefs to feel pointless.
Quote:
Imagine that man who wears camo nonstop and hoards guns and canned foods actually thinks he can make it out of a end of the world scenario by himself. He thinks he's being all cool and badass, but he won't realize that survival in an urban context requires teamwork and is not a solitary activity.

I think the middle aged soccer mom in the distance clutching her pearls and purchasing every hand sanitizer hollering "BUT PEOPLE ARE DYING" enjoys what she does without realizing it because it feeds into her undiagnosed anxiety and control issues. Then she talks about her "suffering," (despite all that's being done is just being insufferable towards her family) and gets a lot of attention, so she feels justified

Then people trying to peddle their snake oil cures, such as essential oils or marijuana being able to cure cancer or whatever random ailments. Or bleaching their intestines with their weird enemas. And doing anything and everything else except seeing a doctor who will actually solve their issues

Then you have the overly religious folks who are just loud and unproductive, and take advantage of the confusion to promote their ideologies, etc. It starts to look like a tribe and people start behaving oddly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-12-2020, 12:22 AM

I'll take venus in taurus side for a sense of security, keeps the pearls. They just closed our school district til 4/20. Every store in our area looks like the day before Thanksgiving. I am going give credit to the soccer moms or any parent who needs it. perhaps this "panic" will bring those back to the basics and become more self sustainable. Sounds good to me.
Unread 03-12-2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:

I would say it's because most people come from volatile, dysfunctional households. A subconscious pattern of reliving the past.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 03-12-2020, 01:57 AM

Bunraku,

I agree with everything you have written. 😄 Everything!

Neptune is in Pisces, in its happy spot, spreading infectious panic. Neptune is also sextile Jupiter, maybe making it easier for the spreading of panic. In mid June we will have tight aspects of Pisces Mars, Capricorn Jupiter and Capricorn Pluto, all being at about 25 degrees. Neptune will be at 20, still aspecting. I am curious to see how those aspects will play out. Also to see if the Corvid will still be in the news.

My older friends are afraid. Sadly, they donít want to go anywhere, or see anyone, they are barricading themselves in solitude. Watching the news. Believing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
Bunraku (03-12-2020)
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:05 AM

Itís called affluenza in a certain large segment of the population, Bunraku.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
Opal (03-12-2020)
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:47 AM

its times like these we eat popcorn
Opal (03-12-2020)
Unread 03-12-2020, 06:36 AM

Smile Re: People CRAVE hysteria and panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Bunraku,

I agree with everything you have written. �� Everything!

Neptune is in Pisces, in its happy spot, spreading infectious panic. Neptune is also sextile Jupiter, maybe making it easier for the spreading of panic. In mid June we will have tight aspects of Pisces Mars, Capricorn Jupiter and Capricorn Pluto, all being at about 25 degrees. Neptune will be at 20, still aspecting. I am curious to see how those aspects will play out. Also to see if the Corvid will still be in the news.

My older friends are afraid. Sadly, they don’t want to go anywhere, or see anyone, they are barricading themselves in solitude. Watching the news. Believing.
It's Saturn, spreading fear and panic. Saturn's Age is ending, and he won't go quietly. Neptune in Pisces is calming things down, not stirring them up. The Grim Reaper holds Saturn's harvest scythe, not the fisherman's trident of Neptune.

The word "panic" derives from the Greek god Pan, associated with Capricorn, Saturn's Domicile-sign.

Credit where credit is due! Saturn still rules the Age, and the Aged. Fear is Saturn's emotion, along with gloom and doom.

Last edited by david starling; 03-12-2020 at 07:25 AM.
Unread 03-12-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Bunraku,

I agree with everything you have written. �� Everything!

My older friends are afraid. Sadly, they donít want to go anywhere, or see anyone, they are barricading themselves in solitude. Watching the news. Believing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's Saturn, spreading fear and panic. Saturn's Age is ending, and he won't go quietly. Neptune in Pisces is calming things down, not stirring them up. The Grim Reaper holds Saturn's harvest scythe, not the fisherman's trident of Neptune.

The word "panic" derives from the Greek god Pan, associated with Capricorn, Saturn's Domicile-sign.

Credit where credit is due! Saturn still rules the Age, and the Aged. Fear is Saturn's emotion, along with gloom and doom.

This got me thinking about the end of the world craze after the Cuban Missile Crisis, when there was widespread fear and panic about nuclear war following JFK's address to the nation about his decision to threaten the Soviets with nukes if they refused to remove their missiles from Cuba.

On the evening of the address, Oct. 22, 1962, Saturn in Aquarius was close-opposition to Mars in Leo close-conjunct the NN. Neptune was in Scorpio then--talk about craving excitement!

Last edited by david starling; 03-12-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Unread 03-12-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Saturn 29 Capricorn is no doubt involved, the only planet it is touching tightly is Mercury 28 Aquarius. Deception is Neptune though. Saturn may have caused the panic but the big cloud of deception wasnít clouded by him. I was looking at aspects, it didnít jump out at me.
Unread 03-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Account Closed

Some people thrive through chaos, hysteria and panic

Letís see how it all plays out
Unread 03-12-2020, 02:48 PM
Account Closed

Quote:

Kali yoga ds kali yoga ......
Unread 03-12-2020, 03:09 PM

CNBC Host Recommends Giving Coronavirus ďTo EveryoneĒ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6DQBG8D4X4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-12-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Saturn 29 Capricorn is no doubt involved, the only planet it is touching tightly is Mercury 28 Aquarius. Deception is Neptune though. Saturn may have caused the panic but the big cloud of deception wasnít clouded by him. I was looking at aspects, it didnít jump out at me.
It jumps out at me, since the tropical Age-indicator is involved. In 2 days Saturn will be exactly Conj the True-setting of the Age-indicator @ 29 degrees 25 minutes.
Unread 03-12-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Kali yoga ds kali yoga ......
That's ending, according to what I've read. The transition out of the Kali Yuga is happening during the transition out of the tropical Age of Capricorn into Aquarius.
Unread 03-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
That's ending, according to what I've read. The transition out of the Kali Yuga is happening during the transition out of the tropical Age of Capricorn into Aquarius.
And this is how it ends. Panic and hysteria. Itís going out with a bang. What you thinking DS?
Unread 03-12-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
And this is how it ends. Panic and hysteria. Itís going out with a bang. What you thinking DS?
Something is beginning also. One door closes, another opens. Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:03 PM

You guys actually agree with me for once. Truly we are at the end of times!
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
You guys actually agree with me for once. Truly we are at the end of times!
•For something new to begin, something old must end.•

Wow, that sounds wise!
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:14 PM

We're living in a "Plato's Cave" situation, chained to a shadow reality which is beginning to fade away. But, it's all we know, so it feels like the end of all things.
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:16 PM

I'm not seeing Spanish flu levels yet. Just shutdowns of universities and stores prepping--shortages of cleaning supplies and whatnot. Also airlines are laying off workers. On the plus side, airplane tickets are super cheap.

We'll see where it goes and what Trump & the CDC does.
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
We're living in a "Plato's Cave" situation, chained to a shadow reality which is beginning to fade away. But, it's all we know, so it feels like the end of all things.
I was out of the cave years ago
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:22 PM

I'm waiting to see what happens when Saturn ingresses Aquarius on the 21st/22nd.
Unread 03-12-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I was out of the cave years ago
Price of gas is going down. How soon can you get a new car so you can benefit from it?