Does Venus Square Ascendant make a person feel unworthy/ugly?

summer92

I'm just wondering how this aspects pans out.Conjunction makes a person beautiful,but how would a square turn out since it's harsh?

Leocorpicer

Feeling unworthy could be related to venus square ascendant, but overall beauty is not determined by natal chart in contemporary astrology.

Though some astrologers take a more subjective approach and say specific aspects make one more attractive/stand out in the crowd with a strong presence. With Venus aspects this is particularly the case. Even negative aspects to Venus in females or Mars in males can result in increased attractiveness due to the inherent energy in tension aspects. I' read that people with Venus square Mars, for example, happen to be very good looking. Such claims have no place in modern astrology though.

The definition of Venus square Ascendant is projecting the need for a affectionate connections to other people in order for them to appreciate themselves. In this way, the tension of this aspect forms as an unhealthy need to look good and appear to be charming, because the bearer of this aspect thinks other people will not like him/her otherwise. Dysfunctional problems are the result, and women with this aspect can be provocative both in the way they dress up and assert themselves, while men with the same aspect can be superficial and have an aversion to women because they think they are not attractive to them. Both sexes feel constant need of approval until the aspect itself is understood and it's tension transformed into energy. Then the said energy provides one with with a drive to excel in social communications that are warm and affectionate.

Venus conj ASC does not make one more beautiful, it makes one utilize one's own body as a vehicle to convey one's ideals about beauty and harmony. This essentially manifests as a person who cares about his/her appearance (and the way he/she communicates), and not necessarily as some form of universal beauty or handsomeness.

Last edited:

summer92

I have this aspect in my natal chart and can relate to what you've written.It's absolutely true in my case.Especially this

" In this way, the tension of this aspect forms as an unhealthy need to look good and appear to be charming, because the bearer of this aspect thinks other people will not like him/her otherwise"

Thank you!

IleneK

Premium Member
... but overall beauty is not determined by natal chart in contempporary astrology.
<..>
Venus conj ASC does not make one more beautiful, it makes one utilize one's own body as a vehicle to convey one's ideals about beauty and harmony. This essentially manifests as a person who cares about his/her appearance (and the way he/she communicates), and not necessarily as some form of universal beauty or handsomeness.

I'm not sure what you mean by "overall beauty" or "does not make one more beautiful" but placements like Venus on the midheaven or Libra rising often do exactly that: make the individual appear beautiful to others. You can look closely at the person and see that they have ordinary or even unattractive features, but the overall impression is that of beauty. That is part of what featured Venus, Libra is all about.

Leocorpicer

I'm not sure what you mean by "overall beauty" or "does not make one more beautiful" but placements like Venus on the midheaven or Libra rising often do exactly that: make the individual appear beautiful to others. You can look closely at the person and see that they have ordinary or even unattractive features, but the overall impression is that of beauty. That is part of what featured Venus, Libra is all about.

It could be the case and I wouldn't attempt to rule out this possibility in the whole of the astrology, though I personally choose to not take part in this train of thought. Visual beauty is subjective, and astrology is also inherently subjective. So, it is typical that some people would use one to determine the other.

I personally choose to look at venus/mars/pluto contacts to make comments about sexual attractiveness, as I think that even negative aspects between those cause their bearers to exude a subtle form of sexuality (which is not revelant to their looks).

I also have to say that I do not like this sentence:

"placements like Venus on the midheaven or Libra rising often do exactly that: make the individual appear beautiful to others."

This sentence inherently implies that people who do not find the said individual beautiful, have a marginal perception of beauty. Such is why I disagree with this approach and choose to not make judgements about visual beauty based on a natal chart.

Last edited:

Lin

The ascendant shows how you project your "self" or personality....AND how "others" see you.
Venus is the way you see your own femininity. When Venus squares the ascendant there is a sort of disconnect. Something you are proud of as the Venus may not be "seen" at the ascendant. You may be "seen" in a way that is not the way you see yourself.
This MAY or may not be a big problem, because our "self image" is mostly governed by the MOON and it's placement and aspects within the natal chart.
If your Moon is well placed and well aspected, your self image cannot be compromised by Venus square the ascendant. There is usually something within the chart of modify that negativity - if negativity it is.

On the other hand, Venus sextile or trine the ascendant can HELP a person with a poorly aspected moon. It, in a way, makes up for a bit of what the lunar "issues" took away.
LIN

IleneK

Premium Member
I also have to say that I do not like this sentence:

"placements like Venus on the midheaven or Libra rising often do exactly that: make the individual appear beautiful to others."

This sentence inherently implies that people who do not find the said individual beautiful, have a marginal perception of beauty. Such is why I disagree with this approach and choose to not make judgements about visual beauty based on a natal chart.

The sentence above in bold does not imply that people who do not find the said individual beautiful have a marginal perception of beauty. It says specifically that the placements in question often make people appear or seem beautiful to others.

Rather, it is your inference from the sentence that people who do not find the said individual beautiful have a marginal perception of beauty. That is, the judgement, the conclusion, belongs to you, and the idea itself is yours.

Hope this helps clarify my position on the matter for all following the thread.

Leocorpicer

The sentence above in bold does not imply that people who do not find the said individual beautiful have a marginal perception of beauty. It says specifically that the placements in question often make people appear or seem beautiful to others.

Rather, it is your inference from the sentence that people who do not find the said individual beautiful have a marginal perception of beauty. That is, the judgement, the conclusion, belongs to you, and the idea itself is yours.

Hope this helps clarify my position on the matter for all following the thread.

"Inherently implies" is not the same as "inherently means". You are reading it as the latter. You did not think of what I said when accepting to take part in determining overall beauty via astrology, as in it's relation to the larger part of the human populace (rather than all of them... Since you said "often"). Essentially, people who disagree with this view are different... But should the theory you are demonstrating actually proves it's claims by vast surveys and research, then what does it make the people, who do not happen to be in this "vast populace"? Marginal. So, just because you were not in efforts to marginalize such people does not falsify the implication I used merely to demonstrate my distaste toward this approach and to provide you with with the basis as to why I choose to disagree with you.

In this way, you are right when you say my perception belongs to me, just as the perception of "some astrological components makes one more beautiful" and exude a "overall impression of beauty" to most people (often) belongs to you and other people who think the same way. The truth is, such a perception is inherently just the basis of a theory, not the basis of a fact... And this is proven by the fact that people who take part in this view do not have a psionic link to the collective consciousness to determine the overall impressions of beauty. You are saying that beauty is "featured" in Venus/Libra, while the fact is Venus determines how an individual demonstrates/approaches love and social/romantic interactions. Libra signifies inherent talents in affectionate and harmonious interactions with others. Human beauty as in it's relation to Venus or Libra are again just theories, not facts. Human perception is narrow and easily corrupted, and I would not be suprised if this discussion is utilized almost completely by women, whose perceptions of beauty tend to be twisted as a result of the today's capitalistic society, which is in efforts to make profit off everything... even sex and feminine values/attractiveness. This essentially results in a clandestine competition between women, whose attractiveness is evolutionarily determined by their beauty as opposed to power and reliablilty in men. You can research this subject further if you wish. So, it is no wonder that some people, especially women, use astrology as a possible means to determine their... "overall beauty".

The way I see it, the only way to determine the perception of beauty of an individual is through synastry. So, an individual with a Libra Venus in 10th house... If her Venus happens to be in the first house of anohter individual, then yes, it is likely for him to find her beautiful. But what if this isn't the case? What if her venus forms a quincunx with his venus/mars/sun, for example? Her personal beauty would not relate to his perception of it. A similar result would be the case when a woman's Libra ascendant, forms a quincunx with a man's Venus. I do not see him agreeing with the claim "Those with Libra ascendants are often beautiful". Personally, I choose to embody astrology only in it's relation to psyche rather than attempting to make subjective judgements with such theories. You are blaming my conclusions and judgements to be interferenced by subjectivity, yet ironically, it is your own judgements with such qualities. Probably without knowing it, you are defending your questionable conclusions by projecting your own subjectivity onto me, someone who happens to be in a disagreement with you. This is a likely tactic on arguments about ambivalent concepts.

The enlightened and uncorrupted perception of beauty is that all things and beings are beautiful, both in form and in their inherent harmony with other things. The perception you are demonstrating, is not as capacious and comparatively lacks in depth.

Last edited:

summer92

Synastry is a funny thing.I've met people whose Venus Square the Ascendant of another and they found them attractive.Even Quincunx.I have my venus quincunx someone else's ascendant and I found them to be very attractive.

Leocorpicer

Negative aspects do signify attraction but also romantic incompabability, so compromises would be required to fit in with each other. Your experience with quincunxes contradict what I think of them. I do not mean to belittle your experiences, but there could be other factors to signify attraction, as opposed to what a quincunx would suggest in synastry. Astrological interpretations are hardly set in stone, and individual interpretations of specific components have a tendency to contradict each other due to the complexity of human nature... This makes it even harder to determine human beauty with them. That sounds like a fruitless endeavor to me.

Skilled astrologers synthesize entire charts rather than interpreting aspects individually, both in natal and synastry/composite charts.

Last edited:

summer92

Negative aspects do signify attraction but also romantic incompabability, so compromises would be required to fit in with each other. Your experience with quincunxes contradict what I think of them. I do not mean to belittle your experiences, but there could be other factors to signify attraction, as opposed to what a quincunx would suggest in synastry. Astrological interpretations are hardly set in stone, and individual interpretations of specific components have a tendency to contradict each other due to the complexity of human nature... This makes it even harder to determine human beauty with them. That sounds like a fruitless endeavor to me.

Skilled astrologers synthesize entire charts rather than interpreting aspects individually, both in natal and synastry/composite charts.

I had someone's venus quincunx my ascendant,and I felt extremely uncomfortable in his presence and sort of insecure/ugly.However his sun and Mercury were in my 7th house and he was attracted.Which aspect do you think is stronger - quincunx or square? I've noticed another pattern in which the person's (venus) opinion of the ascendant changed a lot (from finding them attractive to unattractive) a lot

Leocorpicer

I had someone's venus quincunx my ascendant,and I felt extremely uncomfortable in his presence and sort of insecure/ugly.However his sun and Mercury were in my 7th house and he was attracted.Which aspect do you think is stronger - quincunx or square? I've noticed another pattern in which the person's (venus) opinion of the ascendant changed a lot (from finding them attractive to unattractive) a lot

Venus quincunx ascendant in synastry has two possible meanings; the first is Venus does not find the other person attractive, the second is his behaviour and way of communication towards the carrier of Venus is not demonstrative in terms of appreciation, and these vibes may have a negative effect on the self esteem of the person represented by the Ascendant.

Planets in 7th house do signify attraction, a desire to bond with the other in partnership (7th house traditionally rules over marriage).

I think that plenty of people would say quincunx is a weaker aspect than a square, but I personally do not believe so. Both are tension aspects, and squares/oppositions tensions are more apparent therefore can be solved more easily. Quincunx' tension is clandestine; this subtle form of tension does not necessarily make it weaker, and in fact, makes it more problematic to figure out and integrate in a positive way.

"I've noticed another pattern in which the person's (venus) opinion of the ascendant changed a lot (from finding them attractive to unattractive) a lot"

The effect of a quincunx is planets (or bodies such as ASC and MH)do not share their inherent energy with each other. So the said person may have a hard time finding them attractive due to a lack of understanding and malignant combinations created by the quincunxes. The pattern you speak of could be related to to theme that his Venus lacks the specific qualities of love and appreciation represented by the rising sign, and this manifests in him as a hidden longing for those qualities which he isn't aware of.

Last edited:

sequestra

The enlightened and uncorrupted perception of beauty is that all things and beings are beautiful, both in form and in their inherent harmony with other things. The perception you are demonstrating, is not as capacious and comparatively lacks in depth.

Hell yeah sister! Or brother, whatever, awesome person of the world.

summer92

Do any of the posters know anyone here who has had their venus or the ascendant square/inconjunct someone else's venus/ascendant,or just experience this aspect in their natal or synastry chart?

fullmoonlibra

I have this one too. But there is an important detail about the square: from where does it square your ascendant?
From your inner self (the fourth house), or from your outer self (the tenth house)?
For example, I have my Venus (Taurus) in tenth house, conjunct MC, that gives a beautiful and gracious presence in public too.

About the square, sometimes I force myself too much to look beautiful and to be accepted by others. But this is not that bad, generally I like the Venus influence (but hey, every chart is on it's own, I have my Venus trine POF, maybe I'm talking about this aspect, don't know).

People think I'm beautiful, but I don't see that myself. For me, I have an average beauty. Maybe a little above average, but not exaggerated. I think this is a square effect too.

Last edited:

summer92

I have this one too. But there is an important detail about the square: from where does it square your ascendant?
From your inner self (the fourth house), or from your outer self (the tenth house)?
For example, I have my Venus (Taurus) in tenth house, conjunct MC, that gives a beautiful and gracious presence in public too.
About the square, sometimes I force myself too much to look beautiful and to be accepted by others. But this is not that bad, generally I like the Venus influence (but hey, every chart is on it's own, I have my Venus trine POF, maybe I'm talking about this aspect, don't know)

Hm my venus is in aries (3rd house) and it squares my rising (cap).It opposes my MC as well :\

fullmoonlibra

This MAY or may not be a big problem, because our "self image" is mostly governed by the MOON and it's placement and aspects within the natal chart.
If your Moon is well placed and well aspected, your self image cannot be compromised by Venus square the ascendant. There is usually something within the chart of modify that negativity - if negativity it is.

On the other hand, Venus sextile or trine the ascendant can HELP a person with a poorly aspected moon. It, in a way, makes up for a bit of what the lunar "issues" took away.
LIN

My moon is trine my Venus in second house (house of Venus!). My self-worth is see sawing.
My beauty too.

fullmoonlibra

Hm my venus is in aries (3rd house) and it squares my rising (cap).It opposes my MC as well :\

I think that you inner self is very harmonious, but that you feel the stress that you can't show it to the public.
It's like you know you are beautiful, but you don't feel like you have enough approval and appreciation and this could make you doubt sometimes about your beauty, or maybe feel angry about it (aries). It's just an interpretation. You decide if it's right :happy:

fullmoonlibra

The way I see it, the only way to determine the perception of beauty of an individual is through synastry. So, an individual with a Libra Venus in 10th house... If her Venus happens to be in the first house of anohter individual, then yes, it is likely for him to find her beautiful.

Very interesting thought. I agree with it.
In my relation with a Libra rising, my moon is exactly on his ascendant, but my Venus is opposite his Saturn. My Venus is in his eight house. So, very complicated stuff about beauty.

Another venus square ascendant thing I read somewhere in a book:
People with this aspect come across as 'empty' and superficial :surprised::sad:

The length of someone is this venus related too? Cause people say I'm pretty, but too bad she is short they say :lol:

Last edited:

summer92

About the square, sometimes I force myself too much to look beautiful and to be accepted by others. But this is not that bad, generally I like the Venus influence (but hey, every chart is on it's own, I have my Venus trine POF, maybe I'm talking about this aspect, don't know).

People think I'm beautiful, but I don't see that myself. For me, I have an average beauty. Maybe a little above average, but not exaggerated. I think this is a square effect too.

you're definitely beautiful! sometimes i force myself to look better,and sometimes i don't give a **** about how I look.I think the worst part of the aspect for me is that I'm very insecure and can never accept the way I look.There are things I'd like to change,however I'd never do surgery or anything like that.