Chart ruler- Mars? or Pluto?

LovelyNomad7

I was wondering if my chart ruler is Mars since it is my ascendant or Pluto since I have a lot of Plutonian influence? Can someone please tell me.

Attachments

• astronewchart.gif
    astronewchart.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 19

CapAquaPis

The ruling planets for Scorpios are debatable: Mars versus Pluto. Modern-day astrologers consider Pluto the ruler, while classic astrology say it is Mars. Both planets are in conflict to see who gets to rule them Scorpios and Aries itself is divided on Mars vs. Pluto. :devil: vs. :ninja: The presence of the two planets in Scorpio in the 8th house give you a powerful role in your life, whether you're in a civil service job or practicing in the medical field. The chart tells me you can work in something like the army or police. The ascendant Aries makes you impartial to the characteristics of Aries, but in truth: you're a Scorpio first & foremost, explains high Plutonian influences. Your Jupiter in Cancer on the NN opposite to four planet conjunction in Capricorn tells me your luck in community or friendships to inspire you to an exciting career based on "working" Capricorn in the SN.

Last edited:

LovelyNomad7

Thanks for the insight. This is very interesting! I am actually studying to become a Speech Language Pathologist. Does this seem like something fitting? I definitely see both in my personality but I am definitely a Scorpio first and foremost. :)

Rageypoo

Personally I think you'd make a great detective, serial killer study, behavior science.

Speech would make sense with moon in gemini though :wink:

Rageypoo

What about a spy?

That would work, keep in mind you have neptune in 10th, you would more than likely work with something dealing with poisons or toxins, maybe DoD stuff or biochem warfare, to something as simple as working at a bar!

Neptune and uranus in 10th tend to draw you to things you're not necessarily meant to do. You'll want to be self-employed, that's for sure (or at least, something with a ton of freedom, to do things your own way).

Rageypoo

So you're saying that i'll probably end up doing something I didn't plan out to do?

Well, neptune is great at illusions, or disillusion for that matter. You could see a career opportunity and think "WOW this is what I gotta do, it's so...great!" then 10 years later, you're sad and depressed, you find out the company supports child abuse, the CEO was caught punching babies, your husband slept with your boss, yea that's right the boss with the tight black skirt who always asks if you really want to submit the document you just took 3 hours to perfect and does that lil "...alright" and you know why she does it, just to GET YOU SO FRIGGING A:SJDKJDKJSAKJSDKJGKSDJ!!!!.

Yep, that's the gist of it. Also Uranus is RIGHT there, you'll end up wanting something fun and carefree instead of serious, so even if you land the job of your dreams, you'll probably quit before the month is over.

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005300.html

Uranus is a freedom fighter, dreamy and airy, if you're not used to having air in your chart, or don't think you have air qualities at all, just wait till you try to commit to a job. Capricorn (saturn) rewards late, so you wont likely find your niche till late 30's early 40's.

Last edited:

LovelyNomad7

What about a healer or professional astrologer? I know i'm still young but I'm very drawn to all this stuff. I spend tons of time researching herbal remedies, I became about 8 months ago etc. Are those possibilities?

Rageypoo

What about a healer or professional astrologer? I know i'm still young but I'm very drawn to all this stuff. I spend tons of time researching herbal remedies, I became about 8 months ago etc. Are those possibilities?

Yes, strong possibilities, Astrology would rely on becoming adept in your field, so slowly building rapport and getting better every day fits Capricorn's need, uranus and neptune will be satisfied as well for the "dreamy" and "mystical" aspects of that field. It would also satisfy your Gemini moon in 3rd house.

Herbs would work as well, tinctures and remedies for sure. Keep in mind with that though you may only do it for fun, uranus doesn't like to be tied down too long, doesn't mean you wont commit, but if there's too high of a demand you could back out of it.

technically speaking, your MC is Sag, so you'd want to look at jupiter for insight, and being in cancer and having saturn next to venus, I could see working in a hospital or doing something related to "caring" for someone would be an option, a full on doctor position would satisfy saturn in 10th. Since jupiter is in the 4th you could also be a social worker of sorts, dealing with things regarding the home, or a homeopath as far as herbs go, or some kind of therapist to satisfy your 8th house. Jupiter is exalted so teaching positions work well, or do something that uplifts on a wide scale rather than personal 1 on 1.

Saturn is strong in 10th, venus in 10th in cap will also be a focus on what you will do, as far as "career" is going, I'd focus on those two the most for how easy and successful your fortunes will be. Saturn in 10th cap usually = really, really good fortune **wealth** (well 10th house in general).

Last edited:

Multiplicity

Regardless of whether it's mars or pluto you have both in scorpio and will always be strongly influenced by both but mars' orbit will probably be the clock you could set the changes in your life by...I think speech pathology sounds perfect considering your jupiter, moon and chiron placement - as a foundation...ultimately with venus, saturn, neptune and uranus all hanging out together your vocation will have to very much align with who you are (i.e., passions, ideals, drives, and dreams)...and if that is speech pathology then by all means pursue it...with such heavy scorpio influence on your mind and make-up - However, I would expect those very things might go under distinct transformations...keep like a Nomad moving along with the seasons and you should be fine...

LovelyNomad7

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts! Y'all have been of great help. & Helped me confirm that I am in the right place at the moment. I know things change with time but I definitely feel that right now I am doing what I should be doing. It's time to channel all of this Martian/Plutonian energy into my studies and hope that it will all pay off in the end.