Parental influences 4th & 10th houses

Now please understand, i'm not the author and prob best if you use Equal house for this exercise. Am just assessing its validity...... so enjoy

[deleted copyrighted information - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
I like all these readings thanks for posting them :) . Yes I would again agree with this reading I have Neptune in 4th, my father died when I was a teenager my two other siblings also have this placement.

cassanra

mercury in the fourth....that is me to a T...both parents very bright, self-confidence..no one could beat them..I am attracted to people who are quite bright but have a very hard time recognizing my own intelligence...Saturn in the 10th....pretty close parents ambitious.did not push us too hard...maybe mom focused on my older sister...pushed us all into ballet but we all rebelled at some point accept her.

Awakened_Pisces

The IC House Cusp ruler is Libra, but he is undeniably in the 3rd house. Meh, late degrees about to change signs probably. 4TH house cusp ruler is Scorpio with Pluto in it.

Pluto Sextile Neptune fits my mother pretty well, she's quite the energentic type and the dark goth type :).

Confusedpisces said:
The IC House Cusp ruler is Libra, but he is undeniably in the 3rd house. Meh, late degrees about to change signs probably. 4TH house cusp ruler is Scorpio with Pluto in it.

Pluto Sextile Neptune fits my mother pretty well, she's quite the energentic type and the dark goth type :).

well, obviously read Venus and pluto in 4th and see how it fits.... in this instance sounds like Equal house fits best then

sometimes I feel that planets in 4th (parent that nurtured) describes that parent, in my case mum more than Moon. I have Sun, Venus & Mercury here.

Any opinions about this??

astrologer50 said:
no dont think so, whats your reasoning behind this?

I heard it does that to but this is good.

Sun, male, father, leo, fifth house. You know.

However i don't agree with pluto in the 4 so much. If you have no aspects to your pluto would it reduce it or what?

/JJ

The_Sundance_Kid

I too have heard the 5th house can represent the father, but most these days consider it to refer to how the native will be as a parent, and how his or her children will be.

I have 2 comments on the interpretations. My parents are a real solid unit. They are one and the same. So I find it really difficult to think of an 'outer link' parent. That could mean two things

1) Something in my chart might indicate this closeness- 4th and 10th house rulers are in a trine. But that must happen alot, and if it does, the interpretations are missing an important piece of information, namely that alot of people will not have an outer link parent.

2) I wonder how easy it really is to associate the MC IC axis with specific parents. I think it might be useful or more accurate to consider the 4th as one's inner upbringing- home family etc, and what was instilled into them by loved ones. The 10th house might indicate what was instilled into them externally, through social values maybe or through the stick rather than the carrot.

Other than that, the general gist of the interpretations did fit me, but only on a very generic level.

The_Sundance_Kid

Also Astro-50 I was wondering what kind of equal house you use- do you use the Asc as the beginning of the 1st house and just count 30 degrees from there? Or do you take the whole Asc sign as the first house. I've been reading alot lately that the latter was the more established method of old, and the former is the more recent take on it.

iwonder

In Placidus my Moon is in the 10, and the 4th is empty with Taurus on its cusp, so ruled by Venus. The interpretations are confusing. Venus ruling my IC fits my family, not just one parent. I can't really separate the parents as outer link and nurturing, because, for example, my Mom is both. My Dad is more outer link parent type, but Venus description (4th ruler) hits a few points about him.

In equal house system - oh boy! - I have Sun, Mars, Pluto, Mercury and Uranus all in the 10! Empty 4th, with ruler Neptune. Hmmm... I dunno. Need time to digest.