Element and sign?

conspiracy theorist

If you are asking about the dominant element in a chart then you would look at all the planets before making that judgement. For ease I'm just going to assume you are into modern astrology, you can correct me if I'm wrong. This means that you look at the 10 planets; how much in air, earth, water and fire and the element with the most planets therein is your dominant one. Easy right?

So e.g.

Sun: Leo
Moon:Gemini
Mercury: Leo
Venus: Cancer
Mars: Pisces
Jupiter: Aries
Saturn: Sagittarius
Uranus: Taurus
Neptune: Aquarius
Pluto: Aries

The tally would then be:

Fire: 5
Air: 2
Water: 2
Earth:1

Therefore the dominant element is fire.

katydid

When it comes to the element, which sign should we consider, sun, moon or ascendant?

If you do the basic birth chart on astro.com, there will be an element and mode table in the bottom right hand corner. They will add it all up for you. :cool:

Bunraku

If your Sun and Moon share the same signs, then that sign will have a significant influence on your personality to the point where it almost it will be obvious to everyone.

anjelik

If your Sun and Moon share the same signs, then that sign will have a significant influence on your personality to the point where it almost it will be obvious to everyone.

I would think that having those two personal planets in the same sign would definitely impact one's personality. I don't think I've ever met anyone who has Sun and Moon in the same sign though. I think it would also depend on what house they are in. If they are in the 12th house, perhaps it wouldn't be as obvious?

Bunraku

I got it from here :

Message of the Stars
http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng03.htm#Sun_In_Aspect
No matter in what sign or house the conjunction of the Lights occurs the person will be so strongly marked with the characteristics of that sign that lacking knowledge of this true Ascendant even the most competent astrologer is likely to be misled and judge him to be born with the sign rising in which the conjunction took place, and whatever matters are ruled by the House in which conjunction occurs will play a very important part in the life.

Same source:
In the First House he is an out and out egotist with very little love for others save in so far as they serve his ends; in the Seventh, his world pivots on the mate; in the Tenth House or sign he will sacrifice all other considerations to rise in public life; in the Twelfth House or sign the conjunction will give a strong tendency to drink, bringing trouble; in the Third and Ninth Houses it will brighten the mind and induce travel from which he will benefit; in the Second House it will bring wealth, especially if in good aspect with Jupiter.

My friend had it 6th, and all of her gracious Venus and Pisces placements flew out the window as her Sun-Moon Aries ran the show. She had exalted and a critical degree Sun with a wide conjunction to the Moon.