Ukpoohbear thread appreciation!

david starling

We consume oxygen on a daily basis. So the air we breathe is part of our diet, along with the water we drink. Clean air, clean water, obviously better for one's diet.

Ukpoohbear

We consume oxygen on a daily basis. So the air we breathe is part of our diet, along with the water we drink. Clean air, clean water, obviously better for one's diet.

Definitely. Exercise, fresh air and a positive psyche. The foods can definitely help you but being happy spiritually and not stressed, trying to be present will help a lot.

JUPITERASC

Definitely. Exercise, fresh air and a positive psyche.

The foods can definitely help you but

being happy spiritually and not stressed, trying to be present

will help a lot.
61642258_1373663149459195_4919596282621722624_n.jpg

Dirius

I don’t really see any diet as being wrong, I’m genuinely picking up information from all sides and trying to work out the general rule.

Like, as well as following the humoural diet,it seems a good idea to avoid night shade vegetables too. Rice instead of potatoes. Unfermented soy (when I try it). I’ve even found a recipe for seitan that does not use wheat gluten, it uses beans and rice to bulk the mixture instead, which may not be much better, so for now I’m going to stick to eggs for the main source of protein and nuts and making nut butter in the near future. Eating plums and watermelon for fruit and I’m going to make soup using a tin of tomatoes which should be safer than fresh and red lentils, just because I still need to rethink my soup recipe, avoiding cayenne this time as it’s considered a night shade (even though so are tomatoes but tinned is less evil.)

We will all have our individual differences we need to make allowances for like has been agreed previously and taking into account timeline differences of older diets, and looking at modern approaches too.

All information is fine - we are a traditional and modern dietary board here unlike those difficult astrologers :lol:

Wait you still eat wheat products?

Look, I suggest you look into the diet I'm "not promoting". It is actually designed for people with conditions similar to yours, that suffer from inflammation and autoimmune diseases, and so on. Most people have reported a reduction in symptoms all together by following the lectin free diet this guy suggests.

If you are still eating wheat products, lentils, rise and still suffering from symptoms of IBS, then you might as well try it out. This is the original interview I saw from the guy, when I was searching for diets online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6dasaA9e0&t=2349s

Personally I have no health problems at all, but I started following the diet because it seems logical to me. There was one more thing the guy said which spoke to me, and he often quotes Hippocrates the greek physician considered the father of medicine:-"Human beings have the power to heal themselves... the physicians job is to remove the obstacle in the patient's way to perfect health".

You might as well check it out. I found that video and then I did a bit of research. I took a few pointers from his books and info, and adapted it into my diet.

Ukpoohbear

I’ll definitely check out the video thanks!

Yeah I’ve never been free of wheat and potatoes and lentils. Until this conversation I thought I was actually needing to eat more lentils being a vegetarian, so I should probably not make my soup anymore. And eat other options like Quinoa instead of rice, potatoes, pasta and bread.

I’ll check out the video and see if lectins and wheat are the issue.

Interestingly, my mood has improved greatly the last month and I’ve been fine but I’m still going to implement a new diet.

Last edited: